| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shakeaway!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:01 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've had a Fry's peppermint one and an orange cream one. Next on the list: pb & maple syrup.

If we had a Shakeaway in Belgium, I would burst out of my pants so fast.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:21 pm 
Saggy Butt

cidersmurfette wrote:
They have two Shakeaways in Southampton. The first one I went to today didn't have any soya milk and the second one didn't have any bloody ginger nuts! Knackers!

So I went to the Art House and had vegan nachos followed by swedish glace caramel sundae so I won in the end...

I've just moved to Southampton and haven't really started investigating things properly yet but I've heard about the Art House and was wondering how good it is.

More on topic: I love Shakeaway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

The Art House is great. Also West Quay foodcourt has a Yo Sushi and there will be a Wagamamas opening there soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Bumping an ooold topic. They now have a Shakeaway in Leicester!

The good - they were EXTREMELY helpful and thoughtful. I went in and asked if they had soya shakes and they asked why I wanted it, was it a preference, allergy, etc? I said vegan and they got out a blender marked all over with "vegan" (the lady said they couldn't use the one marked "Soya" for me because it might have traces from some non-vegan blend ins). I got a bit overwhelmed by all the choices and just went with Strawberry, and it was deeelicious! I don't know what ice cream they use (they got it out of an unmarked tub) but it was very nice.

The bad - Nearly £4 for one "regular" milkshake. I don't think I can afford that again...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:02 am 
Ninja Master

The shakeaway near(ish) to me obviously didn't do so well, it's closed down now! They have something similar in my local shopping centre but the chance of them having vegan options is very doubtful.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

They'll almost certainly be using Swedish Glace since it's the cheapest vegan ice cream. The one in Edinburgh definitely uses that because I've seen the tubs.

baps, you should check it out. You might be lucky. We found a place in Whitby that did vegan shakes (or would have if they and the H&B that supplied them hadn't run out of Swedish Glace, but the guy at least went to H&B to check).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:07 pm 
Ninja Master

Yeah you're right, maybe I'll ask next time I'm in there. None of the additions look vegan to me though, it's all chocolate bars. Although maybe they have oreos.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:26 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

rachell37 wrote:
They'll almost certainly be using Swedish Glace since it's the cheapest vegan ice cream. The one in Edinburgh definitely uses that because I've seen the tubs.

baps, you should check it out. You might be lucky. We found a place in Whitby that did vegan shakes (or would have if they and the H&B that supplied them hadn't run out of Swedish Glace, but the guy at least went to H&B to check).

Mmm, Shakeaway! I'll have to try the ginger nut and maple syrup combination.

Rachel, where was the place in Whitby? And do you have any other vegan tips for there? I'm hoping to go for a day trip at some point this summer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I honestly can't remember the name, but it's at the top of the road leading from the bridge, iirc. Whitby is small enough that you can walk around for a few minutes and find it. If you're on the side where you get the bus/where the Dracula Experience is, it's on the other side of the bridge. Also, Whitby itself isn't particularly vegan-friendly. We were only there for a few hours, and it wasn't a particularly good trip, so I didn't really get to explore much anyway. Sorry I can't be more helpful - we were there a year ago. The best thing to do is just poke around - you'll find some candy and stuff (there are tons of places that sell candy).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:14 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Thanks anyway- I've had a look on Happy Cow and couldn't find much, I'd expected a hippy-ish place like that to be more vegan friendly. I wonder if the chips are safe to eat from the chippies? It'll only be a day trip so I'll probably take a picnic.