| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397 ... 637  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

It is so often the little things that make or ruin your day isn't it.

I had a most embarrassing afternoon. I am a medical professional and was taking a recertification course which I did not adequately prepare for. I failed (first time failing any test in my life) and THEN PROCEEDED TO CRY in front of the instructors. And then could not stop crying to save my life. And the more embarrassed about the crying I became the more crying occurred. I was one hot mess. Then they said that I could retake the test. I declined. They insisted. I could hardly read the test questions through the stream of tears that would not stop.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I submitted first quarter grades today. Approx 1/3 of my students failed (and this is after I helped the borderlines). They Just. Dont. Care.

It's not that it's too hard or they struggle or anything that makes sense. They just don't do the work, so I have a grade book full of zeroes.

I am so stressed out after two days of trying to harangue, nag, cajole, and help kids make up enough crepe to pass. Not like I haven't done this all along, but at the end of the quarter some actually take it a little more seriously.

Normally I like my job, my students, my school, but times like this, I really, really hate it all. I feel like a waste of time.

(some of my students have severe challenges, but most of these ones actually just seem like entitled twits. Most of my parent notification emails are going to email addresses that indicate that the parents have important, high paying jobs at recognizable government agencies or similar)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:57 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

A Bee Jees song that I don't like came on. (I think it was More than a Woman)

Okay, that's not it. I feel like every day has been a slightly different version of the day before and every week is like every week before it. You know? I want things to be different. And for only good Bee Jees songs to play in my presence (Nights on Broadway).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:08 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I always know I'm depressed when I'm purposefully and loudly listening/dancing to Supertramp.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

No one want to hear mine, but here it is. Someone I work with and can not stand as a person had to get on the phone in the office when I'm the only one in there and proceed to discuss butchering their calf for 10-15 minutes with the place that will process it afterwards. Since it's her first time she had to get details, of course. And spoke really loudly. If I'd gotten up and left she would have made a point to mention it multiple time in front of other people/customers, so I just sat there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:30 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Cat pee by the front door again. sigh.

Also, Liz, that's awful. People are the worst.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 pm 
Semen Strong

annasrobbie wrote:

I had a most embarrassing afternoon. I am a medical professional and was taking a recertification course which I did not adequately prepare for. I failed (first time failing any test in my life) and THEN PROCEEDED TO CRY in front of the instructors. And then could not stop crying to save my life. And the more embarrassed about the crying I became the more crying occurred. I was one hot mess. Then they said that I could retake the test. I declined. They insisted. I could hardly read the test questions through the stream of tears that would not stop.

Hugs annasrobie!

I don't even know when my hormones went back to normal postpartum, but I cried uncontrollably for stuff that normally doesn't phase me...

Big hugs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:55 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I had gas, I think because I ate leftover pasta all day. Also I was lazy and did nothing of terrible importance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:10 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Mars wrote:
I always know I'm depressed when I'm purposefully and loudly listening/dancing to Supertramp.

COULD WE HAVE KIPPERS FOR BREAKFAST, MUMMY DEAR MUMMY DEAR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:30 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

annasrobbie wrote:

Aw, hugs. For what it's worth, I think most people have at least one story about something like this happening. I hope you're feeling a bit better now.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kilgore trout wrote:
annasrobbie wrote:

Aw, hugs. For what it's worth, I think most people have at least one story about something like this happening. I hope you're feeling a bit better now.

word. it happens. I 100% cried in front of a professor yesterday and it was super super embarrassing as I am not a crier at all.
it happens. I hope you're feeling better!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:55 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

mrsbadmouth wrote:
No, they just responded with enthusiasm, favorited and retweeted each others tweets. SO IT'S PROBABLY JUST MY IRRATIONAL LADY BRAIN TALKING, but I found it upsetting.

I looked at your timeline and I'd have found that shiitake upsetting too. I don't think you have an irrational lady brain and I think if one of Nick's friends said something like that to me he'd probably be as pissed off / weirded out as me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:00 am 
Impressive boner

Got a cold and I have a 5 hour journey to a show, playing at midnight, staying in a hostel dorm and a 5 hour journey back. I just want to stay in my own bed when I'm ill.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 pm 

Having to battle through the rugby crowds that had just let out on my way home from Morrisons, it appears I actually get physical symptoms of panic (tight, painful chest) in crowds now. Fun. The rugby fans all seem tremendously unaware that anyone else might want to use the pavement, which made me want to push some of them into oncoming traffic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:04 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

jojo wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
No, they just responded with enthusiasm, favorited and retweeted each others tweets. SO IT'S PROBABLY JUST MY IRRATIONAL LADY BRAIN TALKING, but I found it upsetting.

I looked at your timeline and I'd have found that shiitake upsetting too. I don't think you have an irrational lady brain and I think if one of Nick's friends said something like that to me he'd probably be as pissed off / weirded out as me.

I actually deleted all of the tweets about it because it was bothering me so much.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:19 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

People in my life have been extremely frustrating lately. ugh!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:15 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This is probably gonna make me sound like a dick, but my worst thing is that my friend decided she was sleeping over without consulting me and now I can't back out. I really wanted to relax. And now her and another friend are all gung ho to smoke some weed and I'm just not feeling any of it tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:26 pm 

GymClassZero wrote:
This is probably gonna make me sound like a dick, but my worst thing is that my friend decided she was sleeping over without consulting me and now I can't back out. I really wanted to relax. And now her and another friend are all gung ho to smoke some weed and I'm just not feeling any of it tonight.

You're not a dick, this would really bother me too.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:38 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

GymClassZero wrote:

Not dicky at all. I love having people over to stay but I like to be part of the planning process.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:22 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I thought I had somehow lost Wilson's federal police certificate that I just got in the mail. I started bawling and called him panicking. He gets very upset when I cry, so ge was yelling at me (in a pleading way, not a mean way). I retraced my steps today from picking it up at the post office, and dug through the various trash bins on the way. I forgot that people throw bags of dog poop in there. I didn't get any on me though and came home and washed my hands with hot water and soap. Turns out the document was laying wrong side up (cream color paper, cream color chair cushion) and I just couldn't see it. It was safe and sound the whole time! It now has one of my tears on it. I'm grateful that I found it, but the feeling that I am the most irresponsible beast who cannot got anything right and that I can no longer survive without Wilson made it the worst thing. I guess finding out that I'm not so bad after all could be the best thing!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:15 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Today is the first day of the state's wolf hunt. The local paper keeps updating the numbers online. I am holing up inside my house this weekend so I don't have to risk seeing any crassholes with deer or wolves strapped to their vehicles.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

GymClassZero wrote:

Why can't you back out? What your friend did was quite rude. Sounds like it's boundary-setting time!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:41 pm 
Married to the wolfman

annasrobbie wrote:

Aw jeez. I'm so sorry that happened to you annasrobbie. Once I cried in front of a TA because, well, boring story even more boring, I had done my assignment according to what I thought the instructions (which were not clear) said, he graded it based on a different interpretation. (Neither of us really understood what the professor wanted, it turned out.) I had poured so much time into it, it wasn't a matter of me flaking out or not working hard or anything and I was so tired and overwhelmed that I just started sobbing... something like 9 years later it still makes me cringe to remember.

My worst thing is that I was finally getting better from having a sinus infection that lasted like, 3.5 forking weeks, and then today BAM sore throat, sore ear canals, fever... looks like I have caught something new.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Jigglypuff wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:

Why can't you back out? What your friend did was quite rude. Sounds like it's boundary-setting time!

Agreed! Boundaries let relationships be healthy. Yay boundaries!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Being married to someone who is content to just let me carry him through life like a ragdoll. I'm so sick of making every forking decision.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397 ... 637  Next