| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: America's Next Top Model Cycle 19: College Edition
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Did anyone watch tonight? It's weird not seeing Nigel and the J's. I still think this show needs to be put out of its misery, but I'm willing to give this new format a try. The only girl I like so far is Nastasia, and that's because of her gorgeous, gorgeous hair. Good lard, I would kill for her hair. I have a feeling the viewer comments part of the show is going to get old and annoying very quickly

Post subject: Re: America's Next Top Model Cycle 19: College Edition
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:54 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'll meet you in here soon, I haven't watched yet. I'm also going in with little hope. We'll see!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:35 am 
Saggy Butt

1) Tyra is off her effin rocker.
2) i don't think I like the new format. plus, it seems like the majority of the feedback shared will be from the carefully selected audience members who were hanging around with iPhones in the crowd. unless that was just the first one? will they share the photos before the episode airs? i don't know. i just think it sounds really stupid either way.
3) i like the girl with the crazy hair, the girl with the gap tooth and the girl from ashtabula, ohio. I like her, as well as the fact that my grandmother used to announce that we were passing ASH-TA-FU-CKIN-BU-LA every time we were driving to cleveland.
4) still hate Kelly Cutrone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 pm 
Nailed to the V

I don't really like the fan-voting gimmick. A few months ago ANTM's website invited us to vote on their photos every week (I guess even the eliminated participate in each week's shoot) but I couldn't get into that. It's hard to choose "America's next top model" based solely on a photo a week. Also, I'm not really into spoilers and this format makes it so easy to see their photos ahead of time.

That said, I like a lot of these girls right off the bat! I couldn't really get into any of the personalities last season, but I think this one's going to be good. Fingers crossed. I was really hoping that one girl Amber would make the cut, but overall it seems like a good mix of people. Can't wait to see what the Trader Joes girl (Jamie) can do.

One more thing.....................

..............................I love Tyra.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:24 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Tyra is so bizarre. Really.

I'm not into the fan voting thing, and I can only imagine the horrors that the college theme will bring in the challenges and photoshoots (flashbacks to the short cycle)...but I can't stop watching for some reason.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:32 pm 
Nailed to the V

Aaaaand, who else wants Tyra's OMS (oh my smize) shirt? OMS.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 pm 
Nailed to the V

Surprising first elimination. I wanted to see more of what she can do, but I guess I'm glad we never got a chance to really root for her before she was let go.

I'm not sure how I like the numbers scoring method, but at least they three judges aren't afraid to disagree. And I REALLY don't like the bottom two "drumroll" with the numbers at the very end, I think Tyra's dramatic pause is enough.

Victoria is great! She's such a character. "MOM WHAT ARE YOUR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR ME." And when she proclaimed her stage walk as "groundbreaking" twice. I'll blame that on editing.

Brittany is one of my favorites right now, and obviously the criticism from the fans was unjust. Saying she's arrogant? That's why I don't like this whole fan-voting thing, they don't get to see the contestants' day-to-day personalities. BUT on the other hand, models in a magazine or wherever will only be judged by their photos by the general public, so I guess it makes sense that way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Watched one episode the other day and it could not hold my attention. I used to love ANTM, now it's just garbage. I do like watching the photos shoots but that's about it, I skipped through the rest when I wasn't being distracted by Facebook and the interwebz.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Momo wrote:
Watched one episode the other day and it could not hold my attention. I used to love ANTM, now it's just garbage. I do like watching the photos shoots but that's about it, I skipped through the rest when I wasn't being distracted by Facebook and the interwebz.

I like it best when it's garbage.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 am 
Nailed to the V

Yes! I jumped onto the ANTM train during the all-stars season, so for me it's always been this way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:02 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

It seems like the ladies have gotten whinier as the seasons have gone on...more entitlement and less interest in hard work. But that may just be me being a cranky 'old' person...get the damn kids off my lawn.

I don't really like the new judges, either. I miss Nigel...

I did like some of the hair in the animal head shoot though; some of the horns were pretty sweet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 am 
WELFARIST!

I think the fan stuff gives them an opportunity to slip in the super catty comments. I don't like the idea, actually. These are young, very impressionable girls and the wrong kind of comments can really impact them at a critical time in their personal development. It's like how Karen Carpenter once read a review where someone called her the "chubby singer" and well, we know what happened next. I mean, the internet gives people license to be really forking nasty and not have to back it up. It's hit and run format. Sure, people are going to be exposed to nastiness in some way or t'other their whole lives but I don't think shows need to set it up or design it that way. I hope they're judicious in choosing which comments they share with the contestants, I guess is all I'm getting at. That said, I still enjoy this show in general. Wish Stephanie was still posting here and she could go off on one of her Tyra monologues, which were hilarious and AWESOME.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i think this season is much better than last season at least, but I'd like at least one J

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

i just started watching it today. nothing has infuriated me yet, which is a good start. i don't really have much to say about the girls except that Victoria is hilariously ridiculous.

"i'm part Native American and Jewish. my people have endured genocides. so if you think my face is boring, you're a racist."

"i put my personality into my performance. it was groundbreaking. i BROKE GROUND."

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I've watched every season of this show. I love it so much because it's just SO BAD. Tyra is a nutjob, I love seeing what new and insane things she comes up with each season. I don't like the new judges though, I miss the J's and Nigel, they were the last bit of class the show had.

I love Victoria. When she was exercising in the backyard a couple episodes ago....pure win. She actually takes some really great photos too. I also like the one with the bleach blonde hair and eyebrows, no idea what her name is but she looks sort of like Olivia Wilde (yum).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10 pm 
WELFARIST!

I am loving Victoria. Ha! I loved her yard exercises, too! She's like a one woman self-cheerleading squad, that girl. And it's awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Victoria is crazy, but I love her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

i think the social media thing is stupid. they keep voting for kristen because she looks like an abercrombie employee, not because she's good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:45 am 

I don't like anyone! And I hate the new judges/structure. Usually ANTM is my very guilty but also very satisfying pleasure, but now it just puts me to sleep. Woe is me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

Wahh! They've removed ATM from my on-demand selections and I'm wondering what Victoria got up to this week. Oh, and everyone else. Hopefully they bring it back so I can keep updated on my episodes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:13 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

speaking of which, i haven't been able to find any torrents for episode 5 (the last one). the video content on hulu and the CW website are blocked in the UK, so i can't watch that way. if anyone can help me out, i'd love it if you could PM me.

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:02 pm 
WELFARIST!

So my on-demand listing was a temporary glitch and the show was available for me to watch last night.

Sorry ETK, I watch on TV, not my computer so don't know any online catch-up sources for ANTM to help you out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:55 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

all right, i finally got to watching the last two episodes. unhappy with the ep 5 elimination; A-OK with the girl who was booted in ep 6.

vijita wrote:
I don't like anyone! And I hate the new judges/structure. Usually ANTM is my very guilty but also very satisfying pleasure, but now it just puts me to sleep. Woe is me.

at first i liked the fact that they were giving quantifiable scores, but it seems like the ones they give at panel aren't all that well considered. also there's no deliberation or taking into account past performance. there are too many girls in the "comeback" slot that i don't think should be there :/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

This season just bores me. I hate the new social media thing and the new judges. But I will continue to watch because I'm a glutton for punishment. I LOVED Laura's steampunk photo though, I thought it was amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:58 pm 

Oh my gosh. Those poor dolphins. This was on when I woke up on my parents' couch and wow. Brutal.