| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 245  Next
 Post subject: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

This thread cannot die. Especially because I actually got the message in the thread title today.

OkCupid is still a huge disappointment. Someone just arrange me a marriage already.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:23 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

wow, if someone messaged me that, I would instantly drop my pantaloons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:33 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

It was tempting. Violently assaulting the english language usually really does it for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:37 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I always read "qt" as "quiet". So, "how are you today? - QUIET!" doesn't get me hot, but is also less vomitous than if it were read as "cutie". Also, it has the fun feature of being mildly schizophrenic.

Also, still dating the guy I met on OKC, 4+ months. Stiiiiilllll kind of feel like we should really be friends. The guy is amazing, I want him in my life forever, but if we could have virtually the same relationship we have now (I'm assuming the sex and kissies would have to go, though - boo) but not be "in a relationship" I'd take it. I'mma give it to the 6 month mark, and if I still feel this way, try and make it happen. We've been really honest to each other and communicate well, so he mostly knows what page I'm on and I know what he's on (though... actually what I wrote here is a little different than what I've said to him, but with a lot of the same sentiments... kind of?).

I dunno. I love him, I really do, but I don't see us becoming a really real thing, romance-wise. I think I mostly love him as a friend (with a little bit extra?). I dunno. It's confusing. And above all I don't want to lose him.

But at least I'm having regular sex and kissy times. And at least I know he's not in love with me, but loves me as well. So no guilt on my part of being all "wellllllllll eeehhhhhhhhh I dunno."

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm still squeeing over the same boy. He's coming over Sunday for dinner, Scrabble and watching Supernatural. Last time we played Scrabble it did not happen, but make outs did. We're going to make sushi and spicy peanut sauce with noodles. I'm contemplating making apple pie as well, but it's only date number 3...should I give it up this soon? Is it too early to be at *pie* already? I don't want to seem easy...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Someone once told me that I was so beautiful that I'd make a monkey miss the tree. I have to admit, that made me smile. As for butchering the English language to hit on me, I think nothing turns me off faster. Except maybe being addressed as "Hey wassup gurl? What's yo name? You got a boyfriend?"

I don't mind pickup lines as long as they are eloquent and witty.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:31 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

amandabear wrote:
Someone just arrange me a marriage already.

I know a single dude in Brooklyn who you should meet. He's not a hipster, but he rides a bike.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:09 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

melisser wrote:
amandabear wrote:

I know a single dude in Brooklyn who you should meet. He's not a hipster, but he rides a bike.

Why must Brooklyn me so far away? I would totally take you up on this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:26 pm 

amandabear wrote:
melisser wrote:
amandabear wrote:

Why must Brooklyn me so far away? I would totally take you up on this.

He likes Firefly.. if you don't, it's a dealbreaker.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

frozenveggies - I was/am in a similar situation. I told her this week that I loved her company but I want to be friends. It didnt go down well as she wanted more and was upset. She wrote me an email the next day letting me know where she was and suggested that I haven't been honest with her because I didn't tell her that I didn't want a relationship sooner. However, it's not a decision I came to lightly and I only made it recently so even though we both could have probably communicated better, i didn't string her along.

Oh, I guess it's important to note that we weren't officially going out or anything, in fact we had agreed to see where things go, not be mutually exclusive and let each other know if we slept with anyone else. We spent a lot of time together but I've had a couple of things like this in the past where we have become best of friends afterwards and I hoped it would be like that with this person.

Unfortunately in these situations people can get hurt and I feel terrible about it and am definitely not going to argue with her about her email to me - it is her right to feel hurt, but I do wish we could be friends as I enjoy her company so much but in reality it probably wont happen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:14 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

melisser wrote:

Give me some credit here, lady. I am being Kaylee for Halloween!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:19 pm 

amandabear wrote:
melisser wrote:

Give me some credit here, lady. I am being Kaylee for Halloween!

I KNOW, that's why I said it.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 am 
Kale Wreath

I'm still sort of doing the online dating thing. Sort of.

I'm not really interested in dating right now, but I was hoping to make new friends. Unfortunately, of the people I've met while here, two of them seemed to lose interest as soon as I mentioned only being here until December. I should have wondered why the third one didn't care, but it turns out he's moving to New York in less than two weeks, so that explained it.

Oh yeah, also, apparently people have different ideas of what 'friends' are than I do? I was hanging out with this guy who thought we were dating, then I told him that I didn't want to date and just wanted to be friends, then he continued to attempt to seduce me.

People are weird.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:18 am 
Not NOT A Furry

hey, I am terrible and owe you an email. I'm really sorry!

(I never got that letter either)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:46 am 
Kale Wreath

guy burgess wrote:
hey, I am terrible and owe you an email. I'm really sorry!

(I never got that letter either)

Oh, sad! I don't trust non-trackable post anymore. My best friend sent me a present when I first moved here and I never got that either :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I don't know if it counts as online dating, but I'm involved in some sort of undefined flirting thing on facebook with my best friend's husband's friend. We were both in their wedding (out of state) a few months ago, hit it off and ended up making out that night, and then I flew home and haven't been able to see him since. We've been messaging each other back and forth frequently, and I think I like him a lot, but this all feels rather pointless. I'm flying out for New Year's to visit the aforementioned best friend, and I think I'll be meeting up with this guy again. I feel like I'm setting myself up for sadness, no matter what happens. I'm too emotional to have an out of state friends-with-benefits arrangement, and I don't know if I'm prepared to deal with a long distance relationship, should this progress to that level (it probably won't). It could be so good if we lived closer, especially since we have such close friends in common. I'm rambling, but basically, I hate geography.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:00 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I just started talking to a new guy this past weekend and we're meeting for drinks on Friday (that's tomorrow! Yippee!) We've been emailing each other like crazy for the past couple of days, and it's becoming almost frightening how much we have in common and how much we like each other. Like, if I were a paranoid person, I would think that someone I knew made him up and planted him on OKC to play a mean trick on me.

Anyway, expectations are SO high that either this is going to go awesomely, or it's going to be hilarious (in a dark humor kinda way) when we meet and instantly hate each other's guts. I really hope it's the former, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I'm still on the fence with OKC. I emailed a couple of interesting guys when I first joined and then suddenly they deleted their profiles and disappeared. Since then all I seem to attract are guys nicknamed 'buba' wanting to take me out for steak :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:39 am 
Kale Wreath

dangersquirrel wrote:
Since then all I seem to attract are guys nicknamed 'buba' wanting to take me out for steak :(

WHAT. I'm sorry it's not working for you right now, but that is kind of hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 pm 
Naked Under Apron

pistachiorose wrote:
dangersquirrel wrote:
Since then all I seem to attract are guys nicknamed 'buba' wanting to take me out for steak :(

WHAT. I'm sorry it's not working for you right now, but that is kind of hilarious.

+1 Buba is the best nickname EVER.
Sorry about the steak part. :(

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 pm 
Kale Wreath

cherryblossom wrote:
I just started talking to a new guy this past weekend and we're meeting for drinks on Friday (that's tomorrow! Yippee!) We've been emailing each other like crazy for the past couple of days, and it's becoming almost frightening how much we have in common and how much we like each other. Like, if I were a paranoid person, I would think that someone I knew made him up and planted him on OKC to play a mean trick on me.

Anyway, expectations are SO high that either this is going to go awesomely, or it's going to be hilarious (in a dark humor kinda way) when we meet and instantly hate each other's guts. I really hope it's the former, though.

Let us know how it goes! It sounds promising :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:57 pm 
Kale Wreath

Fizzgig wrote:
I'm contemplating making apple pie as well, but it's only date number 3...should I give it up this soon? Is it too early to be at *pie* already? I don't want to seem easy...

It is never too early for pie, I say. There are so many kinds to try, and so little time.... go for it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:00 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Erk, I've been on OKC for two weeks now, mostly for amusement purposes, I don't really feel like I'm in the mood for a relationship at this point.

Anyway, I've talked to some fairly okay guys, none of them super exciting. I'm going for coffee with one of them in approximately half and hour. Not really a date though, he's not exactly my type, but I don't mind making new friends.

BUT I have to say the majority of people who message me are unbelievably stupid. Seriously, incomprehensibly stupid. I'be a mind to post all the ridiculous things they've said on here.

Quote of the day "Sory I can't spel well enuf to make you come."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:09 pm 
Kale Wreath

schwa wrote:

ahahahaha!

I wonder what's up with me. I do get messaged by dudes pretty regularly, but I don't seem to get the awfulness that most of you have been posting about. Usually they seem serious and actually try to impress me. The worst I've gotten was a reference to RealLove.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:19 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

pistachiorose wrote:
schwa wrote:

ahahahaha!

I wonder what's up with me. I do get messaged by dudes pretty regularly, but I don't seem to get the awfulness that most of you have been posting about. Usually they seem serious and actually try to impress me. The worst I've gotten was a reference to RealLove.

I had this other guy who deliberately tried to antagonise me - He sent me a message saying that he thought I was attractive but he's heard that attractive girls usually use their looks to mask the fact that they have no personality and what did I think of that?
And then he asked me (because I have pet rats) if I was clean person, because rats smell and that's disgusting.
I told him that he was being a total jerk and he was like, oh I think you're just about cool enough for me to talk to you now.
I wish I still had that thread for posting, but I deleted it because it made me so irritated at the time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 245  Next