| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

My brother gave me "Bowhunters International" magazine for my birthday. forking hilarious. The dead animal pics really made my dinner taste better. Great use of $5.99, too.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Finding out that tomorrow I have to work a 13 hour shift with someone I cannot stand. This person is such a rude, dishonest, arrogant scumbag that I can barely resist smacking them. Also, they area super self-righteous "vegan"who is so rude when people try but fail to be accommodating. It's so embarrassing, because then people are like "so you're vegan, like (crasshole)" and I'm like "no, I'm nothing like (crasshole)."
But although they are hollier than thou about veganism, they have been known been to order non vegan French toast at a restaurant because they were hungry and needed something to eat. I mean, make whatever choices you want, but don't be rude to nice people who try to accommodate when you willingly make non vegan choices for your convenience.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Having a rotten cold and having to work. :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 am 
Chard Martyr

I was that cougher on a flight. I feel so bad for everyone around me. I always curse the cougher! But I couldn't stop. At least I didn't spit out phlegm into a napkin, though I kind of wanted to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Gulliver wrote:
jojo wrote:
Absolutely not! I love the idea of the Lewes bonfire celebrations but every year friends go and then tell me stories of getting stuck at the station trying to get back to Brighton for hours and hours, fights, people throwing fireworks & teenagers running around getting shitfaced on cider. I'm also not a massive fan of big crowds so it's not really for me! We're going to the display at Sussex Cricket Ground because Nick took me there on our second ever date eight years ago & now it's a tradition!
I kind of know what you mean. It's really great if you have somewhere in town to use a base, otherwise it's a massive pain in the arse and you have to leave halfway. Too many times I've waved off friends early who've turned down sleeping on my floor because they'd rather [unexpectedly queue for an hour and a half to] get the train back to Brighton. It's spectacular and really unlike anything I've ever been to elsewhere, but if you're not sleeping in Lewes and don't know where to go - and nothing is obvious or indicated in any way - it's a massive adventure in pointlessness as you just end up getting stuck on the high street for two hours then queue for ages.

Lewes people are in no way backwards and deliberately difficult *ahem*, but we like Bonfire to be our own thing so I think it's deliberately hard to navigate for out-of-towners. Anyway, I had a good night! We started off up on the roof of the town hall, then at a bonfire site, and all was well.

The worst thing about my day was remembering how at-home I feel in the town I grew up in... I kept seeing people I hadn't seen for years and it was all really nice... I feel kind of lonely sometimes in the West Country and it's really nice just to recognise people and say hi who I knew when I was lickle.

Yeah that's it, I'm sure that if you live in Lewes or are from there and have friends to stay with it could be awesome fun. I wish there were bonfires in Brighton rather than just fireworks. Also, as you said, they don't really want out-of-towners to go anyway, the bonfire society even tell you that the roads'll be closed, there'll be no parking and it'll be almost impossible to get a train!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 pm 
Chard Martyr

jojo wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
jojo wrote:
Absolutely not! I love the idea of the Lewes bonfire celebrations but every year friends go and then tell me stories of getting stuck at the station trying to get back to Brighton for hours and hours, fights, people throwing fireworks & teenagers running around getting shitfaced on cider. I'm also not a massive fan of big crowds so it's not really for me! We're going to the display at Sussex Cricket Ground because Nick took me there on our second ever date eight years ago & now it's a tradition!
I kind of know what you mean. It's really great if you have somewhere in town to use a base, otherwise it's a massive pain in the arse and you have to leave halfway. Too many times I've waved off friends early who've turned down sleeping on my floor because they'd rather [unexpectedly queue for an hour and a half to] get the train back to Brighton. It's spectacular and really unlike anything I've ever been to elsewhere, but if you're not sleeping in Lewes and don't know where to go - and nothing is obvious or indicated in any way - it's a massive adventure in pointlessness as you just end up getting stuck on the high street for two hours then queue for ages.

Lewes people are in no way backwards and deliberately difficult *ahem*, but we like Bonfire to be our own thing so I think it's deliberately hard to navigate for out-of-towners. Anyway, I had a good night! We started off up on the roof of the town hall, then at a bonfire site, and all was well.

The worst thing about my day was remembering how at-home I feel in the town I grew up in... I kept seeing people I hadn't seen for years and it was all really nice... I feel kind of lonely sometimes in the West Country and it's really nice just to recognise people and say hi who I knew when I was lickle.

Yeah that's it, I'm sure that if you live in Lewes or are from there and have friends to stay with it could be awesome fun. I wish there were bonfires in Brighton rather than just fireworks. Also, as you said, they don't really want out-of-towners to go anyway, the bonfire society even tell you that the roads'll be closed, there'll be no parking and it'll be almost impossible to get a train!

My dad (who grew up in Lewes, and I still have family there) was just yesterday lamenting missing Guy Fawkes Day. Funnily enough, he did express that even decades and decades ago, Lewes residents kind of resented the people coming down from London.

He said it was one of his favourite days of the year though, despite the quite sordid ceremonial aspects. I'm mad that my mum never let us go as kids, because she thought it was barbaric and would be too scary.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:24 pm 
Impressive boner

Abort67 were staging a protest outside a doctor's surgery today. They were displaying large, full colour images of aborted foetuses on a very busy main road, around the corner from a primary school. Without going into a long story about medical treatment I probably would've died in 2005 and had to have an abortion as part of that treatment. To me all the pro-life arguments I hear or read seem to say that I should have died instead and this makes me feel quite angry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ugh, I'm sorry 8ball...people are so awful more often than you should think.

I had a potential client come in today who was trying to get his newborn child instead of letting the mother put the baby up for adoption, but the case is in a state that I am not licensed to practice in. I feel so sad that I can't help him bring the child into his home...he just seemed so mad and hopeless.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That photo that Tofulish posted on the election thread. It's haunting me now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:48 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lavawitch wrote:
That photo that Tofulish posted on the election thread. It's haunting me now.

UGH, why did I go look at that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Reading on FB that my sister thinks the election is stupid and shes not voting - and yet is getting assistance from the state. And my father replying that he'd rather she didnt vote anyway if she would vote for Obama the liar. Theres a good reason i keep a healthy distance from my family.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:58 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Not as bad as some people's things, but I have the vomity bug. And so does my entire family, so there is no-one to come and coddle me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:10 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Grrr. Yesterday, I worked an 8hr GOTV phone bank shift followed by more than 12 hours of (thankfully uneventful) poll watching. All I wanted was a quiet, uneventful dinner with my partner, which he assured me we would have - until his family decided to come into town today, with his sister who is visiting from out of state. So then it changed to assurances that he would help pick a place for dinner where I could eat. But now, more of his family than expected is in town, which limits eating choices and means there there is more likely to be asinine election talk. I've been working on election shiitake for the past 6 weeks or so, and I am done.
Also, I am sick of explaining to conservative people that "left" does not necessarily mean "Democrat." I don't feel like explaining why almost all voter suppression tacticts are racist or classist.
So now, my partner is eating dinner with his family and bringing something home for me. I'm just bummed, because a nice quiet dinner was what I had been looking forward to through this whole countdown to the election get out the vote shiitake show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:30 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

A few items that have been in the news the last couple of days have been very triggering for me. Added to this, I just heard one of our students was robbed and beaten (to the point of concussion) by a gang at the subway station. Apparently the campus coordinator decided to keep this a secret and not tell staff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

In a class this morning, I had to present results from a research paper that I did with a partner. I did all of the statistical analysis and made all of the figures for the presentation, so I essentially did the whole thing. My professor proceeded to argue with me about my work for twenty minutes, in front of the entire class. He said I did the stats wrong and should have done X. I said that indeed, I had done X, and he continued to argue. My partner, of course, did not stick up for me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:13 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Well, Ginny went to the opthamologist today. Apparently because of years of not blinking properly (her eyelids don't fully close when she blinks) her eyes formed crystals in the corneas where most exposed, and then in her left eye those crystals caused an ulcer, and is infected. So she has in that spot about 30% cornea loss. And now I'm totally broke! And I have to give her 4 different eye drop medications every two hours for the next couple weeks. Basically there are a couple of things that this might result in, best case is that the infection clears with the meds and her eye repairs most of the damage, but then I have to go on another round of medication to get rid of the crystals so it doesn't happen again. Other apparently very real possibility is the infection gets worse, she gets so much corneal loss that her eye perforates, and then will either potentially partially heal or she gets her eye removed. Ugh. Reeeeaaaaly hoping the best case scenario one is the one that happens. Although I think she'd be fine to have only one eye, I really can't stand the idea of her going the pain of having her eye burst and the liquid come out. Also it would cost me a lot more.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

My co-workers were so livid and angry about the election results that they made the work day really, really uncomfortable. I could hear the shouting down the hall half the day. Yikes.

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My cheap landlord just emailed us saying that we are great tenants but he needs to raise the rent $150. This is problematic for a number of reasons. We have done thousands of dollars worth of work. We helped save his cheap asparagus when the tree fell (and scrounged up help to keep the city off his butt about it). Nothing in this area is going for near that price. And I just quit my job.

I hope Vyapti talks him down, but barring that, we will likely be moving. Le sigh.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I may be getting laid off :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:49 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

FabulouslyFierce wrote:

Oh that sucks! I am sorry.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:23 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

FabulouslyFierce wrote:

ultra balls :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:52 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Mars wrote:
Well, Ginny went to the opthamologist today. Apparently because of years of not blinking properly (her eyelids don't fully close when she blinks) her eyes formed crystals in the corneas where most exposed, and then in her left eye those crystals caused an ulcer, and is infected. So she has in that spot about 30% cornea loss. And now I'm totally broke! And I have to give her 4 different eye drop medications every two hours for the next couple weeks. Basically there are a couple of things that this might result in, best case is that the infection clears with the meds and her eye repairs most of the damage, but then I have to go on another round of medication to get rid of the crystals so it doesn't happen again. Other apparently very real possibility is the infection gets worse, she gets so much corneal loss that her eye perforates, and then will either potentially partially heal or she gets her eye removed. Ugh. Reeeeaaaaly hoping the best case scenario one is the one that happens. Although I think she'd be fine to have only one eye, I really can't stand the idea of her going the pain of having her eye burst and the liquid come out. Also it would cost me a lot more.

Oh Mars! That's awful!!! I am so sorry. :(((

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:54 pm 
Naked Under Apron

FabulouslyFierce wrote:

That is the worst feeling. It happened to me 2 years ago. I'm so sorry.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:08 pm 
Impressive boner

Overbalanced a 10kg kettlebell at halfway through a Turkish get-up and wrenched my shoulder. Ouch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Today bites. I walk into work and get harangued about not logging out (maybe TWO of twenty do this regularly, and I'm actually really good about doing so), then deal with a customer saying he should cut off my hair and put it on a spear as his trophy, fork up a consignment intake because it got handed to me halfway through, answer the phone to have some dick right off the bay say, "you're not a Charlie!" Because I have a feminine voice as a woman and all, have a customer totally blow me off even though my coworker was busy and i told her as such (and she was vegan! er...apologies if you're on this forum), and spent an hour laminating signs with packing tape.

I want to go forking home.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399 ... 593  Next