| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1137, 1138 ... 1860  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:38 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

How incredibly worried would you be about a dog who hasn't eaten his regular dry food today but will eat treats out of your hand? And his gas is really bad. It's so out of character that I know we need to go to the vet, but I HAVE to be at work tomorrow because I'm off Friday for my house closing (I'll have time to bring him on Friday) I'm worried.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Fee wrote:
How incredibly worried would you be about a dog who hasn't eaten his regular dry food today but will eat treats out of your hand? And his gas is really bad. It's so out of character that I know we need to go to the vet, but I HAVE to be at work tomorrow because I'm off Friday for my house closing (I'll have time to bring him on Friday) I'm worried.

is today the first day he's acted like this? is anything off other than his not wanting to eat his food? like, does he seem lethargic or weak or withdrawn, or otherwise not himself? did he poop today? sometimes my cat gets constipated and i can't interest her in food at all, and then she gets her business did and goes right back to normal. if he seems alert and normal personality-wise, i would maybe try to tempt him with canned food or something else that would qualify as a healthy treat, and if he was willing to eat something, i would still be nervous, but i would probably think that one more day would be all right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:49 pm 

To prove me wrong he just went and ate his food, but I'm still taking him in because I'm convinced farts that smell this bad need medical attention.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:51 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

is he an eater of things? my dog would pass some rank gas when she'd been trash picking or licking plates or stealing groceries off the counter.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:45 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The shih tzu I used to have would often go a full day without eating. Occasionally, he would go two days. He just wasn't food motivated. Saying that.... he would get seriously pissy if there wasn't a bowl of food out at all times. He would bark and whinge until I got up to fill the bowl. As soon as I did he would lay down and go to sleep. His farts ALWAYS stank. They were horrific.

I'm so glad that my current dogs farts don't whiff at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:36 am 
Ninja Master

Office Dog's farts are vile! She lies with just her bum in the door and lets rip, then goes downstairs when she can't stand the smell. We are trapped with it! Nasty.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

paprikapapaya wrote:
I spoke for Take Your Kids To Work Day and nailed it. The kids asked me about my tattoos afterwards which was funny.

Kids love my tattoos! I host a kindergarten group every Tuesday and no matter how much I try to stay on topic (apple trees, orchards, pressing and grinding apples, etc) the kids are always just staring wide-eyed and asking questions about the bunny on my arm. I've seen more than a few parents eyeing each other fearfully.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:50 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

You know, I live in Canada and all, but I know a lot of people, and I never came across even one Romney supporter. Even my mormon-heavy, bible-belt hometown in Alberta. Not even on FB. It's like they are this secret evil breed that we're going to face playing Pathfinder or something.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:56 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

One of my school friends has a FB page full of anti Obama rant - I just don't understand it at all. She's otherwise so - well, smart.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:59 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Pet peeve: When people hit reply all for no reason so I or other people get messages they don't need to see. Drives me up a WALL. Also, when said replied all message is written in a way that could be interpreted as trying to make something my fault (I think it's just how he writes things, not actually trying to get me trouble) and replying all for those messages.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I am so forking glad the election is over. I had to hide all the anti-Obama rants from my FB friends, the anti-Romney stuff not so much. And I'm feeling better. Stayed home yesterday despite having no leave. Ate some veggies with ramen noodles and Thai peanut sauce. Knocked the stuffing right out of me. I highly recommend Wegman's Thai Peanut Sauce. One of the big reasons I love Wegmans is that they label all their store branded foods that are vegan. I <3 Wegmans

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 am 
Semen Strong

I wish Wegmans was less terrible to chickens.

http://www.wegmanscruelty.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 am 

acr wrote:
is he an eater of things? my dog would pass some rank gas when she'd been trash picking or licking plates or stealing groceries off the counter.

Yes very very very much so. But this time is different because the rankness has been going on for two nights. The first night I couldn't even sleep it was so strong. I suspected it was his food because we just bought a new bag - he had had that kind before, but I guess there's a chance the bag was expired or rancid or something. So last night I went and bought him an even newer bag of an old favorite, but then he vomited last night and apparently ate it all back up. Great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

vijita wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
I spoke for Take Your Kids To Work Day and nailed it. The kids asked me about my tattoos afterwards which was funny.

Kids love my tattoos! I host a kindergarten group every Tuesday and no matter how much I try to stay on topic (apple trees, orchards, pressing and grinding apples, etc) the kids are always just staring wide-eyed and asking questions about the bunny on my arm. I've seen more than a few parents eyeing each other fearfully.

heehee, that's cute. I could feel some of the kids eyeing up my tattoos before the questions started. I thought it was really funny in a cute way. Grade 9s are babies! I remember being in grade 9 and feeling like I was so grown up. They're so little and still so curious.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 am 
Impressive boner

I accompanied Mr8 to a meeting with an occupational health adviser at his work. It was going a but awry but I think I steered it back on course with some careful questioning. We left with it seeming quite positive but I can't shake the feeling that it won't make any difference to how badly those with invisible disabilities are treat at his workplace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:35 am 
WRETCHED

If I took my dogs to the vet every time they had terrible gas, I'd be there on a weekly basis. Hopefully it is nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 am 
WRETCHED

The night before last, my cat pawed me in the eye to wake me up. Didn't hurt, but startled me. I told my husband about it and he decided to lock the cats out when he went to bed. He said that the other cat was so upset at being kicked out of the bedroom, that he said forget it but he felt bad because she apparently was really, really upset.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Tofulish wrote:
I wish Wegmans was less terrible to chickens.

http://www.wegmanscruelty.com/
I had no idea about this. But I doubt Food Lion or the commissary is any better. They pretty much all get eggs from hens kept in battery cages on factory farms. I think all supermarket chains are terrible for animals. They all pretty much make money off of factory farming. What makes it so egregious is the fact that the people who run these store chains lie about this so blatantly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:34 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Today I had a very good meeting where I explained a lot of stuff to a hunch of important people, and everything went well!
And then I had a meeting with my boss and she was very happy with the results of what I am doing. Yay!

Sometimes I feel I'm just spending a lot of time on the PPK but apparently the times I do work, I do good. Maybe I'm just efficient.

And tonight cuddles!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Leslea Newman (Heather Has Two Mommies) led a writing workshop in one of my classes today! It was pretty cool.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ugh, I need more money. I have no snow boots or warm shoes (my old boots were so old that they basically disintegrated) and I think it's going to be a bad winter. My laptop is on its last legs and I fully expect it to die any day now. I have a $300 medical bill due that I've already put off for a couple months. And then comes christmas! Maybe I will magically win the lottery without actually playing it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Fee wrote:
acr wrote:

Yes very very very much so. But this time is different because the rankness has been going on for two nights. The first night I couldn't even sleep it was so strong. I suspected it was his food because we just bought a new bag - he had had that kind before, but I guess there's a chance the bag was expired or rancid or something. So last night I went and bought him an even newer bag of an old favorite, but then he vomited last night and apparently ate it all back up. Great.

I don't know if you've rushed off to the vet yet, but I would hold off. If he seems okay but his digestion is a little off just withhold all food or offer just boiled rice (unless you know he has a food sensitivity) and go from there. I am 100% huge worrywart about my dog and regularly have to stop myself from rushing off to the vet. But if your pooch is an eater of things, then it's probably just tummy upset. Is he having bowel movements normally?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I had a banana, strawberry and cacao soft serve. Bloody freezing now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:42 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Maybe I will magically win the lottery without actually playing it?

Good idea. Sign me up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:08 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Mars wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Maybe I will magically win the lottery without actually playing it?

Good idea. Sign me up.

I did actually once do that. I've never ever bought one but my cousin tucked one into our wedding card 17 years ago and we had a very very small win ( about £70 I think). The numbers were something like our birthdays and wedding date combined. Even if I've ever wanted to buy one since I haven't because it would ruin my story about winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1137, 1138 ... 1860  Next