| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 315  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Congrats SUH!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Welcome, Baby Eli! He looks awfully snuggle-able!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:52 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Aww, what a cutie! He looks so serene and sweet! Congrats to the whole family.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Aww, congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Congratulations SUH! Yay baby!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

So apparently I'm next, huh?

Good god I'm tired of being pregnant. I'm 5 days out from my due date and honestly was not prepared to deal with this part of it. I need to get over myself.

Hey, fun fact: did you know babies can dislocate your ribs from the inside? I have two! They're really really sore.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:33 am 
Married to the wolfman

Holy shiitake ow LB.

As somebody who was pregnant a long asparagus time, and uncomfortable and over it at the end, I sympathize with you strongly and hope that baby heads on out soon!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:09 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

littlebird wrote:
So apparently I'm next, huh?

Good god I'm tired of being pregnant. I'm 5 days out from my due date and honestly was not prepared to deal with this part of it. I need to get over myself.

Hey, fun fact: did you know babies can dislocate your ribs from the inside? I have two! They're really really sore.

I did know that! It sucks! I had costochondritis with my first pregnancy (where my ribs were essentially peeling off my sternum) and I've heard of babies breaking their momma's ribs!! Oi!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 am 
Bathes in Braggs

On the plus side, there's definitely a cultural bias towards big strong babies, Tzipi was such a wee little thing... no one ever said anything to me directly but there is definitely a note of pride in my sister's and some other friend's voices when they talk about how big their kids were when they were born. And now I'm all like, well, my kid is so kickass that she's literally KICKED my ribs out of place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Can I post my birth story here?

"I went to bed on Friday night (Oct 26), cuddling with my almost 4yr old. Woke up 3hrs later when contractions 7-9mins apart and not feeling too great. Tried to fall back asleep, but things just didn’t seem right. Got up to use the washroom, and started feeling sick. Food came back up a few minutes later… and again, and again… about 4-5 times that night. I also started feeling contractions getting closer together and timed them at 5mins apart. Things were moving along, finally! Around 6am, I really couldn’t handle it anymore, and woke up my husband. Told him we had to go. Contractions were 3mins apart at that point. And I was still feeling sick. We took a taxi to the hospital and got sent to “first contact” where they monitored me. After about 2hrs, things weren’t progressing much. I was stuck at 1cm and 75% effaced. They told me to go walk around for an hour and see if things would start up again (contractions had been slowing down). I walked around the halls for about 20mins and started feeling faint and seeing spots. My blood pressure was low, I felt like crepe and things weren’t getting anywhere. Doc came to see me and said because of all my symptoms, that they wouldn’t be sending me home in this state. Fast forward about 2hrs (it’s now noon) and I’m feeling a bit better. Contractions have slowed down to 5-6mins apart and no progress has been made. OB told me that I would be better off to go home and let things move along in more comfort. We talked a bit about other options and she said she could maybe check if there would be a spot to induce me that day instead of Monday or Wednesday. Turns out, hospital was full and I had to go back home. Buuut, she had some somewhat good news. They had found me a spot for Sunday morning at 7am instead. I had a day/time. I was happier. We went home, got some rest and headed for the hospital again at 6:30am on Sunday. Samuel got to stay at my parents’ house during this whole ordeal.

Anyway, I got settled in, put on monitors for 30mins and checked again. I was now a good 2cm and contracting strongly every 3-4mins. After a good hour, they were getting really painful and I asked for the epidural while I still had time. They checked me and I was now at 4cm. In went the needle and pain was gone… or so I thought. Things started progressing fast after 11am. Pain was coming back and there was nothing comfortable. Around 1pm, I started feeling more pressure. Doc came to break my water. TONS of green goop that looked like pea soup. He’d pooped! A few mins later, he was getting lower and his head was pushing on my pelvic bones (on the right side of my groin area) were gonna fall apart. It hurt a ton! I mean, like, I felt like my body was going to break in half, type of pain. Let me tell you, if you’ve never dealt with SPD, you are very lucky. This was just unbearable! It got so bad, you could hear the bones cracking every time. I was crying uncontrollably during every contraction (2mins apart) by 2pm. They tried giving me a second dose of epi to help, but it wasn’t touching the site of the pain at all. So the nurse called the anesthesiologist, and he recommended 10cc of something MUCH stronger (can’t remember the name but it was Dilo something). After a few minutes, I was completely numb from the ribs down. Pain was gone but baby didn’t like the contractions I was getting and had bad decels… and the medication made me shake so much, I thought I was gonna pass out. By 3pm I was now at 8cm and completely effaced. And then 3:35 hit and it was time to push. Uhh, yeah, I don’t know how they wanted me to, because frankly, I felt like I had no body. I gave it a try though and he moved a little bit. But things were too strong for him to handle and his heartrate went too low. One of the nurses had to push down on his butt while another made me push as hard/fast as I could. Monitors were beeping, baby was in distress and doc told me he HAD to come out. I gave it one last try and out he came at 3:45pm. Peeing on daddy! Yes, that’s right, pushing was done in less than 10mins. And I couldn’t even feel a thing. It was so weird! She said I had a 2nd degree tear and she would fix it as I got to hold my boy. But he was choking on meconium and they had to take him away to aspirate him and then give him a gastric wash.

When he came back, things were calmer. I had time to recover from the whole ordeal and he was doing much better. They put him on the scale and what I thought was gonna be a 8lb-ish baby, turned into 11oz more. Bigger than his 8lbs2oz brother, Samuel. So yes, Elijah Spencer came into the world at 3:45pm on October 28th 2012, at 8lbs11oz and 20.5in tall. Big boy! I’m in looove! Things are going great! :-)"

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Wow, what a story! You should post it in the other thread too. Glad things have calmed down a bit!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Oh wow, ouch! So much sympathy for the SPD and dislocated rib sufferers!

LB, every time I see your name on the thread I get really excited for a baby.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

wow SUH, congrats. Glad things are settling down now.

And hang in there LB! Hopefully baby will be here soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:00 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Biodancer wrote:
The retest of my AFP test came back normal and the high risk doctor couldn't tell me why the first one came back bad. The ultrasound was normal also so no signs of neural tube defects. However, baby wasn't in the right position to see everything they wanted and after the tech bounced the ultrasound wand on my stomach a million times to try to get the baby to turn around, she gave up and told me I needed to come back to try again. However the doc emphasized that I only needed to come back so they could complete a full scan and not because they are concerned about any problems. So I'll be back for another ultrasound in two weeks.

Went back to complete the ultrasound today and this time the high risk doctor (a different one) finished for the tech. He told me that the retest was "statistically invalid" and they shouldn't have retested the AFP. Basically because I got a high result the first time they couldn't ignore that just because the second test came back normal. However he ruled out any neural tube defects, the spine and brain looked fine. So my diagnosis is abnormal AFP for an unknown reason. It could result in a problem with my placenta or the baby growing in the third trimester. I may need a non-stress test at 32 weeks if the baby has not grown as much as she should. In the meantime, at 21 weeks everything is fine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

So i made an appointment for a haircut tomorrow and a massage Wednesday. That means i go into labour tonight, right?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:41 pm 

My water broke the day of my hair appointment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Did you still go?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 pm 

No. I wish I had. My hair looked awful in all the pictures. I usually don't care about such things, but my bangs were so long...but anyway, yes I think making appointments will bring baby.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The back up plan is to have the massage therapist do that special inducing labour thing. The pressure point on the ankle or something? My favourite midwife comes back on duty Wednesday night anyway so that would be convenient !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

wow, congratulations and welcome little Eli!

Good luck with the appointments/not making it to the appointments because you're busy having the littlestbird, littlebird!

Great news everything is looking healthy for you now, biodancer : )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:27 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I had my nails did and eyebrows waxed the day before Ezra born. Best decision I ever made!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 pm 

I had a massage the day before too! I'm convinced though, that the acupuncture helped. Hope you can get some rest lb! Those last days are so hard. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Getting kicked in the bladder feels REALLY weird.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:48 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

annamal wrote:
Getting kicked in the bladder feels REALLY weird.

Yes! It used to make me pee my pants sometimes with my other pregnancies!

Baby has been punching or kicking my cervix all day, ouchies!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:56 pm 
Married to the wolfman

No update in 2 days... Did LB have her baby? (LB, please don't kick my asparagus if you haven't!)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219 ... 315  Next