| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meetup! NYC! Babies!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:41 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

We were in Brooklyn all day today but my partner has to work every Saturday. I'm so sad I couldn't come meet you guys! I hope we'll be able to someday! Have fun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 pm 
Semen Strong

If there is a Sunday that works for you, let us know! I'd love to see you guys again! Last time we met, I was pregnant, and you were riding bikes all over Manhattan :) It would be fun to have Scarlett and Leela and the awesome PPKids and PPKBabies meet. I'd love to go in at least once more before it gets too cold and yucky.

Wooo tomorrow! Wooo!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm 
Semen Strong

Its 3 and I'm here. Sleeping baby :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm 
Semen Strong

Okay, moving into the playground.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:29 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm so glad I got to meet so many of you this weekend! It was so great to have that playground there waiting for us after our crazy 8-hour journey. Ezra loved it, and we're probably going to try to stop there again before our trip is over. I'm sorry we couldn't stay longer! I got some pictures of all of us, but no way to upload them until we get back, so I'll share them when I can. Thanks again!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 am 
Semen Strong

Hey, just wanted to say that I loved meeting you, Nate and Ezra and you guys are the best. I wish we lived close because you are so fun and awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

It was great meeting you all! I hope you have an easy trip back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Hope all you NYC babies and families are keeping safe and dry!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Hey Paprikapapaya and Rachell37 are in town on 11/15. Anyone up for joining me to hang out and eat fudz in the morning?
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23365&p=643917#p643917

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 am 

I think the morning may be tough for us. Ada (and I) usually need a nap by 12 so I'm not sure if I want to deal with the subway and such so close to nap time. That and I still can't eat much (surviving on luna bars over here) so I'd probably just be chasing Ada around wherever we went. I'll see where you guys end up going and if I am feeling ok that morning I'll try to make it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 pm 
Semen Strong

I want to see how everyone has grown! Anyone up for a meet-up?

I'd throw out Veggie Dim Sum but am open to any other place that would let our kidlets run around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:06 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yes! And I love dim sum. I think I'm free the next few Sundays and then all of MLK weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 pm 
Semen Strong

Turnip cakes! Kale filled rice pancakes (omg!)! monk's purses! And those divine sesame dumplings for after... Mmmmm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:12 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Sounds fun to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I would love to go back there someday with PPK people who know what to order - went there a few years ago with a friend and we didn't know what to order and ended up with everything too similar. I'll be over here in the southwest corner, pouting jealously.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Ok, January 13th doesn't work for me. The rest, I think, are good. MLK still the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 pm 
Semen Strong

We are easy like Sunday morning :). MLK? Anyone else have thoughts?

The kale rice crepes are calling my name....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm 

MLK weekend would work for us! And I think all of the other Sundays this month. I have only been to dim sum house a couple of times. Is it normally crowded in the afternoon? Like would four toddlers running around be a problem?
And yay! I can't wait to see how big everyone has gotten in the last few months.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 pm 

Oh and now I am really craving that kale in rice flour thingy. Even though I have not been able to eat kale in four months.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:21 pm 
Semen Strong

Yay! The Dim Sum House when I have been there has been pretty low key and fun. Its minimal so there isn't much to wreck or a lot of places to run to. We could try and pick a time that is less likely to be supercrowded, but dim sum on Sundays is probably going to be busy.

We went to a neat toddler playground in Chinatown but its probably going to be colder, and there is a playground right by Mott Street that we could have them run around for a bit at. I wish I knew a good indoor option though.

I am craving dim sum (and those kale rolls!) or I'd say Soy and Sake, which is so kid-friendly. But maybe it is as Mr Ariann says, that Asian restaurants are generally tolerant of babies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Ok, I just have to chime in here and say how jealous I am of you NY mamas. I ate at the veggie dim sum restaurant a few years back - it was the happiest, most bloated, time of my life. Man...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Flavabean, you're always welcome!

The 20th works for us. That date actually gets us out of a family thing I don't want to do.

All of the indoor play options I know about are uptown, which I know is out of the way for you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 pm 
Semen Strong

20th it is!

Tell us about the indoor playspaces! I was wondering whether L and Babynut would be big enough to enjoy the Toddler Adventure Space at Chelsea Piers.... It looks like fun and for $12 for 4 hours sounds like a not terrible deal for Manhattan. http://www.chelseapiers.com/onlocation/ ... enture.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:49 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Whoa. I bet Malka is big enough for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Is there anywhere good to eat with toddlers uptown and then we could move easily to a play space? I like dim sum, but am not committed to it.

Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next