| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I am so vegan...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

that when I read in a magazine that eggs contain a lot of B12, I just said "Yeah right"... I thought it was just another fake info like sauerkraut contains B12 when I suddenly realized, yep, eggs being from animals, maybe they REALLY contain B12! *d'oh*

Post subject: Re: I am so vegan...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:10 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

LOL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I am so vegan that I was sitting in the breakroom at work the other day eating plain shredded lettuce out of a bag like it was potato chips.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:36 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Im so vegan I just call it "milk"...if you get confused that your problem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm so vegan that when I checked out at Whole Foods today, the cashier launched into her well-practiced spiel about an upcoming Thanksgiving event they're holding, then stopped, looked at my groceries, and said "Uh, don't worry, there will be plenty of vegan options! You're a vegan, aren't you!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 pm 
Nailed to the V

Looking at something in a grocery store and being like, "weird, how do they/why would they make vegan turkey meatloaf balls" and then remembering that not everything is vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Garrick wrote:
Looking at something in a grocery store and being like, "weird, how do they/why would they make vegan turkey meatloaf balls" and then remembering that not everything is vegan.

I do this way too often. I once almost put bacon in my shopping basket because I thought it was a new brand of vegan bacon, then I realised that wait, no, meat is a thing that some people eat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 pm 
Semen Strong

I'm so vegan I have brain fog....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Garrick wrote:

Ive totally had that moment at "health food" stores.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm so vegan I almost feel bad for eating fungi. (They are heterotrophs! They are practically my cousin!)

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

crowderpea wrote:
I'm so vegan I almost feel bad for eating fungi. (They are heterotrophs! They are practically my cousin!)

Aw, you must be a really fun...guy!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Garrick wrote:

Real true life. Once at the store I saw a pack of honey-bbq chicken or something and starting wondering why companies ruin perfectly good food with honey.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Yep, I often go to TJ's or WFs primarily to stock up on vegan junk food and specially items and then forget that the whole store is not vegan. And I'll be contemplating trying some way not vegan product when it will dawn on me that, oh yeah, they do sell meat and dairy and eggs here and this is full of those.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Erinnerung wrote:
Garrick wrote:

I do this way too often. I once almost put bacon in my shopping basket because I thought it was a new brand of vegan bacon, then I realised that wait, no, meat is a thing that some people eat.

I thought I was the only one! This especially happens to me on the rare occasion that I go to a restaurant that doesn't really have anything vegan unless you modify, and then I get really wigged out when I realize that everyone around me is eating animal products.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

annamal wrote:
Erinnerung wrote:
Garrick wrote:

I thought I was the only one! This especially happens to me on the rare occasion that I go to a restaurant that doesn't really have anything vegan unless you modify, and then I get really wigged out when I realize that everyone around me is eating animal products.

I'm amazed that I've actually only ever done this once in my life, since I've been vegan for almost 10 years and this is exactly the sort of thing I would do, but I really have only done it once, and it was a Frappuccino from a vending machine. I put my dollars in, bought the thing, took a big gulp, and then realized WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING? THIS HAS MILK IN IT! I just...completely forgot that things contain milk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:44 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

SkepticalVegan wrote:
Garrick wrote:

I'm fortunate to live in Denver, home of City o City, which has the best damned seitan wings EVAR. This has conditioned me to think that ALL wings are vegan -- even if they're at an obviously not vegan friendly place. More than once, I've been somewhere with my partner - either when we're on a bike ride or with his family, so our restaurant choices are limited - and been like "Oh, sweetie, I'm good, look! They have WINGS! Oh...wait. Those aren't vegan, are they?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Olives wrote:
SkepticalVegan wrote:
Garrick wrote:

I'm fortunate to live in Denver, home of City o City, which has the best damned seitan wings EVAR. This has conditioned me to think that ALL wings are vegan -- even if they're at an obviously not vegan friendly place. More than once, I've been somewhere with my partner - either when we're on a bike ride or with his family, so our restaurant choices are limited - and been like "Oh, sweetie, I'm good, look! They have WINGS! Oh...wait. Those aren't vegan, are they?"

I make tofu wings all the time, and we just refer to them as 'wings' in my house, so when a southern American restaurant opened downstairs from the place that I volunteer at and the guys there were talking about ordering wings from there for lunch, I was all 'YEAH! I love wings!'. They were confused... as was I, momentarily.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm so vegan that someone littered a bag of trash including bones from I guess fried chicken and I was like OMG BONES WHY ARE THERE BONES IN THE STREET and was really freaked out for a few seconds before I realized what it was. (then I was just grossed out)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Garrick wrote:

I do this way too often, especially in Earth Fare type stores. I also read recipes in "vegan" where the recipe may say something like "one chicken breast" and I see it as "one seitan cutlet, Joanna Vaught recipe" or "two eggs" automatically converts to whatever is best in that particular recipe (flax for muffins, yogurt for cake, etc.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:10 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I misread the thread "what was the worst thing about your day?" as "what was the veganest thing about your day?".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:18 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Garrick wrote:

I've had that happen to me a couple of times. And then the other way around at restaurants, which I always seem to see as "pure evil" - I had one recommended to me that's pretty heavy on the fake meat, which I didn't know before. So I went through the menu looking for the veg options and there was just so much meat in every forking dish. I was like "why on earth would I want to eat there!" until I realized, a couple of days later going through my emails; wait, this is an entirely vegetarian restaurant... none of this is actually real...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm so vegan, sometimes people introduce me as "This is __paprikapapaya__! She's vegan!"

I'm also so vegan that I crave greens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

bekki wrote:
I also read recipes in "vegan" where the recipe may say something like "one chicken breast" and I see it as "one seitan cutlet, Joanna Vaught recipe" or "two eggs" automatically converts to whatever is best in that particular recipe (flax for muffins, yogurt for cake, etc.)

I do this all the time!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm so vegan I don't even look at recipes that aren't vegan!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

when I checked out at the health food store tonight the girl looked at my order and said "I'm going to have to restock bulk!"