| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dexter!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I liked Lumen (minority opinion, I know) and thought their relationship was believable. Victim out for revenge, Dexter could relate to that, blah blah.

But Hannah is just a straight up killer of innocent people who feels no remorse about it (the type of people Dexter hates?), so I don't really buy that he'd be into her. And I thought the point of the Dark Passenger was that it was stronger than his other wants/needs, so it seems to me that he'd put the need to kill Hannah over the need to have sex with her. Plus, she clearly doesn't operate according to his "code" or anything close to it, so how can they possibly be partners? None of it rings true to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:55 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

ashley wrote:
Are you guys being sarcastic or am I watching something else? Because I thought it was totally stupid.

He almost kills the pretty murderer but then decides to bone her instead? Really?

Yeah! I think that's cool. I mean, it's not what I was expecting. And if Dexter is changing then it makes sense to me.

I don't think it's consistent with the code, either. But at least it's entertaining.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's been pretty apparent that something would happen with Hannah, other than the knife. I really liked the episode overall, especially the end. For some reason, I was surprised when he tranq'd her. Anyway, the storyline is built up too much for her to just die on his table right now. My guess...Deb takes her out.

As for the death-table-bang...I'm sure his Dark Passenger has it's own needs. Besides, there is a theme of hot Dex sex with women who see him as he is (Lila and Lumen), so it made sense to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ashley wrote:
I liked Lumen (minority opinion, I know) and thought their relationship was believable. Victim out for revenge, Dexter could relate to that, blah blah.

But Hannah is just a straight up killer of innocent people who feels no remorse about it (the type of people Dexter hates?), so I don't really buy that he'd be into her. And I thought the point of the Dark Passenger was that it was stronger than his other wants/needs, so it seems to me that he'd put the need to kill Hannah over the need to have sex with her. Plus, she clearly doesn't operate according to his "code" or anything close to it, so how can they possibly be partners? None of it rings true to me.

I have this weird feeling that the focus is shifting since Deb knows. Dexter perceives himself as outside the norm, abnormal, a psychopath? Suddenly there is someone who might feel like him ("empty inside"), somebody who might be the same. I don't think this is about the code anymore. (And yes, I have to get used to it. But: television! Something to entertain me while I eat popcorn!)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:23 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I did think it was funny how Deb got all jealous and angry when she found out about Lumen/Dexter. I like the idea of Deb taking out Hannah! If she finds out Dex is doing her, she might just kill her out of jealousy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:21 pm 

I'm just happy there was sex. Was there any sex last season? /pervert

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

a bit geeky I know but this really winds me up - In one of the first scenes with the white boards in the police station, they wrote '3 Columbians' on the board, its not 'Columbians' its 'Colombians' with an O not a U.

Ruined the episode for me, even with sex.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 am 
Built this city on rock and roll

takecare wrote:
ashley wrote:
Are you guys being sarcastic or am I watching something else? Because I thought it was totally stupid.

He almost kills the pretty murderer but then decides to bone her instead? Really?

I'm with you, ashley.

Yeah, that was just so dumb. But also inevitable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:55 am 
ol' garly cooch

In the writers room: "Hey guys. I think someone besides Quinn should be forking."
other writers: "How 'bout Dexter and Hannah? What could possibly go wrong?"

I was disappointed he didn't kill her.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 am 
Bathes in Braggs

i was enjoying this season SO much until that moment.

god damn it dexter. are you insane? your sister is like one bad night away from handing you over, the hungarian mafia are out for your blood, it kind of looks like you killed your nanny's insane ex-boyfriend on your boat, laguerta is one interview away from implicating you AND deb for murder, that author guy is one blood smear away from implicating you in a cover-up, and NOW you forking decide to murder a girl who a) a fair number of people are somewhat interested in and b) that your sister will KNOW you murdered. and then you don't go through with it and fork her instead? right after deb found out about lumen?

i mean, i don't mind the occasional slip-up or act of passion on dex's part. i know he's supposed to be a perfect cold-blooded killer, but he does have a human side that comes out once in a while to stir things up, but seriously? that level of idiocy is just beyond. you NEED to kill, go find yourself a run of the mill mafia hit-man or something. the hungarians hate you anyway, why not take out one of them?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

littlebird wrote:
the hungarians hate you anyway, why not take out one of them?

Because the Hannah scene was hotter and made more sense, being as how he and Hannah are similar; they kill for fun, the mafia dudes do it for money. Dex banging them on the death table wouldn't make sense. And all the Hannah in short shorts out in the hot sun scenes, and Dex's awkward interactions, please, tell me you all saw it coming at some point.

If nothing else, at least she really exists, unlike some characters we've met before.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

oh, i saw it coming a mile away. i just was hoping he wouldn't be that stupid. i just think his character is meant to have a little more self control than that? not the banging her part. i'd bang her to, if i already had her naked and strapped down to a table. i just mean getting TO the point where he decides to take her out. he's all like, "i'm all stressed out, i NEED to kill someone" and i'm all like, "ok, dude, go get yourself a run of the mill rapist or something then..."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The only thing that's keeping me interested this season is LaGuerta and the blood slide thing. And that's only because it ties in to Doakes, and I miss Doakes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:20 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

another big fan here!

http://www.facebook.com/fiekesgebakjes

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:18 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

littlebird wrote:
oh, i saw it coming a mile away. i just was hoping he wouldn't be that stupid. i just think his character is meant to have a little more self control than that? not the banging her part. i'd bang her to, if i already had her naked and strapped down to a table. i just mean getting TO the point where he decides to take her out. he's all like, "i'm all stressed out, i NEED to kill someone" and i'm all like, "ok, dude, go get yourself a run of the mill rapist or something then..."

Think of it like wanting something sweet to eat. Sure, you could eat an apple to tide you over and be "good", but if what you're really wanting is chocolate lava cake with french vanilla ice cream, the apple is a poor substitute and not going to be satisfying. Dex has been so restrained this season that when he finally got time to kill, he wanted a real prize; an under the radar serial killer is far better than a boring run of the mill criminal.

Anyway, my dilemma is whether to watch Dex or Walking Dead tonight; I cannot decide, and I can't stay up late enough to watch both!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:46 pm 

Tape Dex, watch Walking Dead. That's my solution!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

after a few boring episodes, that one was so much better.
I'm rooting for dex and hannah - theres something sweet about them finding each other in a dark twisty way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Holy shiitake. The incestuous cat is out of the bag.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

oh show, why did you have to go and be gross? i really wanted to forget that ever happened.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:24 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

There really weren't enough people in the room for me to look wide-eyed at after she spilled the beans. I just stared at the cat for like 10 minutes asking if she could believe it. She couldn't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Fee wrote:
There really weren't enough people in the room for me to look wide-eyed at after she spilled the beans. I just stared at the cat for like 10 minutes asking if she could believe it. She couldn't.

I screamed a little when she said it, if I had a cat I may have asked the cat as well.

Brilliant episode, I want Hannah to survive next week, so she can kill Laguerta for Dexter and they sail off into the sunset together with her as a step mom for Harrison. Ooooh and then in 20 years time, they can make a new Dexter about his son's rather fecked up childhood...

And I noticed what an amazing actor he is tonight, there was the normal dumb Dexter, there was the falling in love look, the look of pain for Deb at Deb's confession (actually she was pretty good in that scene as well) the actual sympathy with the gay guy look, the lust look at Hannah and the way he went from being oh I'm an apartment super to being evil look with the bady he knifed was especially good.

I liked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

1. I think Hannah is going to kill Isaac Sirko for Dexter, since he can't seem to find a way to do it himself.

2. When they went outside to talk about Dexter's killing habits, I kept expecting Astrid to overhear it all.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 pm 

Fee wrote:

Ugh, so my mom is visiting, and has never seen Dexter. And she came into the room at exactly that scene. It was...awkward.

I like the Isaac storyline. I wasn't expecting that!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The craziest thing about that scene was that Deb looked like she expected Dexter to reciprocate those feelings. What did she actually think was going to happen there? Suuuper awkward.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:48 am 
Built this city on rock and roll

I haven't watched that episode yet. And now I am not sure anymore, if I want to. Ew.

Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 38  Next