| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Vancouver Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:38 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Oddly enough Meat and Bread had a vegan sandwich. Pickled squash, eggplant, carrot puree and red onions.

Richmond's getting a non-Buddhist vegetarian restaurant - Rawk the Planet raw restaurant.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm coming to Vancouver for a visit on October 12-15 :) Where do I absolutely have to go while I am there? What are must see and dos? Top 3 restaurants? We are staying downtown near False Creek (I think that's the name of the area). Can't wait :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Veggie Chau Express
Loving Hut Express (walkable from False Creek)
Po Kong or Panz (walkable from False Creek)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm sorry to report TeraVBurger sucked big time. I had the smoked tofu salad, which was TINY (like, makes Bandidas or Naam side salads look like a meal) and with limp vegetables and tiny amounts of tofu, and it was served in a plastic container with Kraft Greek dressing from a little plastic packet. My friend's tempeh burger was a bit better, but her fries were half burnt, and it cam in more disposable packaging, and we were eating at the place. Bummer. Good thing we had used a groupon otherwise I would have been so angry at spending ten bucks including tax on a lame salad.
Man, I HATE when veggie places screw up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

What! That sounds so lame. I wish Veggie Grill or Native Foods would buy them out. I think either franchise could really work in kits.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:55 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

mel b wrote:
I'm sorry to report TeraVBurger sucked big time. I had the smoked tofu salad, which was TINY (like, makes Bandidas or Naam side salads look like a meal) and with limp vegetables and tiny amounts of tofu, and it was served in a plastic container with Kraft Greek dressing from a little plastic packet. My friend's tempeh burger was a bit better, but her fries were half burnt, and it cam in more disposable packaging, and we were eating at the place. Bummer. Good thing we had used a groupon otherwise I would have been so angry at spending ten bucks including tax on a lame salad.
Man, I HATE when veggie places screw up!

Yeah, TeraV was a biiiiig disappointment to me. I don't imagine they'll be there long...

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:37 pm 

Hey All,

broseph, pistachiorose, and I were talking about getting the old craft night (well, old to them, new to me!) going again. We're going to do Wednesday evenings at Our Town on Kingsway/Broadway. Come craft with us and eat treats and drink coffee!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 am 
Huffs Nooch

j-dub wrote:
Hey All,

broseph, pistachiorose, and I were talking about getting the old craft night (well, old to them, new to me!) going again. We're going to do Wednesday evenings at Our Town on Kingsway/Broadway. Come craft with us and eat treats and drink coffee!

What's a good start time? Does 7 give everyone enough time to get food in themselves before meeting up?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

dudes, just get burritos

and: I'm tentatively going to be in town the week after next (like the 29th->2nd or something). let's hang out and eat and stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I'd love to come to craft night, but probably in November since I am in the middle of moving.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 pm 

7 works for me. Good luck moving, erindisaster!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 pm 
Huffs Nooch

j-dub wrote:
Hey All,

We're cancelling craft night for tonight, but we'll try again next week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:16 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

next week is halloween fyi. might be a bad week. but if you're not doing anything else, I'll be up for eats/hangs :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:59 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

I went to the Parker last night for the first time and was incredibly impressed. The food was almost entirely local and organic and was all elegantly presented. Most of the menu can be vegan and the server was helpful with which items made more sense. I've been to Acorn twice and felt the higher prices at the Parker are more warranted than at Acorn in terms of overall experience. Great date night place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:15 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Oh man, it sounds so good! I'm so jealous of all the new veg places opening up in Vancouver.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 am 
Nailed to the V

Can anyone tell me what the cost of at Wholefoods for bulk nutritional yeast? I am paying 12.99 for 400 g from the local little store and wondering if I can save some money from WF. Thanks for any info that will either save me a long trip or justify it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 am 

Okay guys, let's try craft night again! Tomorrow at 7 Our Town on Broadway at Kingsway. Bring your crafts! Bring your Obama joy/relief!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 am 
Huffs Nooch

j-dub wrote:
Okay guys, let's try craft night again! Tomorrow at 7 Our Town on Broadway at Kingsway. Bring your crafts! Bring your Obama joy/relief!

Bah! I don't know if I'll be able to make it. I've got a rush job I need to push out for Thursday. Actually, scratch that. I can do my work from Our Town.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

broseph wrote:
j-dub wrote:

Bah! I don't know if I'll be able to make it. I've got a rush job I need to push out for Thursday. Actually, scratch that. I can do my work from Our Town.

Can't make it due to Parent Teacher Interviews...but I'm so relieved about Obama! Phew.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Jonny Guitar wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the cost of at Wholefoods for bulk nutritional yeast? I am paying 12.99 for 400 g from the local little store and wondering if I can save some money from WF. Thanks for any info that will either save me a long trip or justify it.

I believe it is 2.99/100g

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:17 pm 
Nailed to the V

acadaca wrote:
Jonny Guitar wrote:

I believe it is 2.99/100g

Thanks for that info....I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Craft night round two: tomorrow (Wednesday) 7pm at Our Town. Who's in?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:24 pm 

I think I'll have to rain check, I'm not having a great health day...see you next week!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm 
Huffs Nooch

j-dub wrote:
I think I'll have to rain check, I'm not having a great health day...see you next week!

Cool. Take it easy, J-Dub.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 pm 
Kale Wreath

xGreenling wrote:
How did I never realise this thread existed?
Hey guys, I'm in Burnaby.
'Sup.

14 months too late, but welcome!

I'm sorry I keep failing at craft night, school has gotten kinda crazy again, especially weekdays. I'm up to my chin in deadlines until Dec. 14th, but after that, how about doing a holiday dessert potluck or craft night or something? I've been holing myself up in my room/studio and keep forgetting that it's December and all that. Holiday festivities that involve food or making things have a soft place in my heart (minus fiberoptic santa). What do you say?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next