| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401 ... 631  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:15 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I was really looking forward to tofu scramble for breakfast. I opened it up and it smelled sour and just down right HORRIBLE. I always wondered what bad tofu or soy milk smelled like. Yuck! It looked fine and was well before it's expiration date. This ever happen to any one else? It was from Trader Joes in the bag. Obviously there could be worse things but I the wasted money and unfulfilled cravings!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Once in a while. At least bad tofu is pretty obvious. Bagged tofu seems more susceptible.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Some days I just do not do human interaction well. Stumbling over words, saying things that makes sense in my head, mishearing people, all manners of awkwardness. Today was one of those days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:23 pm 
Semen Strong

Invictus wrote:
Some days I just do not do human interaction well. Stumbling over words, saying things that makes sense in my head, mishearing people, all manners of awkwardness. Today was one of those days.

Mercury in retrograde does that to people :)

Like this guy:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:44 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Argh. Slept in a weird position and woke up with terrible back pain. It hurts to move!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:43 pm 
Semen Strong

Its getting close to the anniversary of my mother's death, and my daughter is getting close to the age where my mother started screaming at me and treating me badly.

I cannot for the life of me fathom how someone can look at a tiny child and scream vicious abusive words at them.

I hate her for terrorizing me from the time my sister was born and I miss her because she was my mother. I hate this weird mix of feelings. I want to hug her and then punch her in the face.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Hugs, Tofulish.

I can't imagine trying to deal with that kind of stew of feelings. I know my parents both go through it, though.

But, Leela is going to have the most amazing childhood memories.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:59 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I second the hugs Tofulish. Families are hard, but your daughter definitely got lucky with you.

The crappy thing for my day was picking up a dog from a housebound lady who couldn't bring him to the shelter for surrender. I managed to only tear up twice, but it was hard because it was clear she loves her dog very much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:14 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mendelian wrote:
Fisticuffs, I hope your kitty is ok! My old kit Hendrix used to get a blocked urinary tract all the time and it's no fun :-(

The vet wanted to monitor him overnight because when I called he hadn't peed by himself yet. She might have to do the procedure again. She was going to call when I could pick him up, but she hasn't called yet (it's past 10 am here now) so I'm worried that she had to do it again, and he had to be sedated again, and what if he still doesn't pee properly... Aaah I'm driving myself insane.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:25 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

fatcat wrote:
I second the hugs Tofulish. Families are hard, but your daughter definitely got lucky with you.

This. I know it's not the same, but you are an awesome mom, and Leela is so joyful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:47 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I ran into the crush who rejected me a few days ago at a queer night tonight, and then I got a cab home, and now I'm sad because of that and sad because I miss Effie like crazy and the second thing is a billion times worse than the first thing but they both make me feel lonely and awful. So I'm just looking at pictures of Effie and I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 am 
Semen Strong

Oh hugs Srock! I am so sorry.

ndpittman wrote:
fatcat wrote:

This. I know it's not the same, but you are an awesome mom, and Leela is so joyful.

I do think that when you parent your kid, you do process a lot of the undigested trauma you had as a kid. I am reading Parenting from Within, and its really useful.

But I guess what is weird is that Leela is a lot like me as a kid - she is cuddly, affectionate and social, and that is exactly what my parents describe me as, and what my mom hated. She spent my childhood trying to make me a quiet studious kid who would achieve without needing anything from her. And as an adult, when I'd tell her how much she had hurt me, she'd just say that her upbringing was a thousand times worse, and I should just be grateful. And I get that that is probably true and she did the best she could. But it still hurt me.. And I'm doing the best I can, and maybe I'll still squish my kid's spirit and hurt her... That is going to always be a challenge for me to watch for, as it is for most parents I am sure, to keep honoring her spirit, even when I'm tired or upset :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:29 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I live far from home, and I have missed every one of my nephews' birthdays. 15 birthdays between the 3 of them. My dad said I should Skype into the party for my youngest nephew, I said great! I told everyone at work, I restructured my day, and I looked forward to it all week. And I sat for 2 hours waiting for a Skype call. If I had had anyones numbers, I would have called but I don't have them here. Eventually I went to bed.

My dad said they forgot the laptop, but they also had iPads and iPhones they could have used. And it didn't even occur to them to send me an email or Facebook me to let me know the issue, so I could have brought up these other options or just not have sat around waiting.

It made me feel like shiitake and isolated from my family. I keep crying and I need to stop because I have to hang out with work people soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 am 
WRETCHED

Family is tough. I partly want to move back to California to be near my family but my husband thinks that I should be glad that I'm away from all the drama. Yes my family has a lot of drama but I don't know. I don't think he understands because he never had a large family or interactions with his aunts/uncles/cousins, etc. It was his parents, his brother and his sister and that was basically it with some occasional interactions with other relatives. I don't know, I like living where I live a lot but I miss my family even as dysfunctional and drama filled as they are.

And my worst thing is I woke up with my knee feeling like it got hit by a baseball bat. Not sure what happened but ibuprofen, glucosamine and ice should hopefully fix it up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:20 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My dog is sick :( Really, really hoping she gets better soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Invictus wrote:
I live far from home, and I have missed every one of my nephews' birthdays. 15 birthdays between the 3 of them. My dad said I should Skype into the party for my youngest nephew, I said great! I told everyone at work, I restructured my day, and I looked forward to it all week. And I sat for 2 hours waiting for a Skype call. If I had had anyones numbers, I would have called but I don't have them here. Eventually I went to bed.

My dad said they forgot the laptop, but they also had iPads and iPhones they could have used. And it didn't even occur to them to send me an email or Facebook me to let me know the issue, so I could have brought up these other options or just not have sat around waiting.

It made me feel like shiitake and isolated from my family. I keep crying and I need to stop because I have to hang out with work people soon.

Maybe you can get them to skype sometime this week? It won't be the party but you might feel less isolated. Tell them all to wear party hats and nephew has a second birthday hour with aunt invictus.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I think what's hard is that my family really is very stable and supportive, so I just expected them to follow through. it never occured to me to be dropped like that, so it hurt my feelings more than if they were generally unreliable, if that makes sense. My dad apologized, my sister blamed my dad, it's fine.

We will definitely Skype later this week. But it won't be the party with the whole extended family, you know? But it will be fine, because that is just the only option. I just really wanted to make one party, you know?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh hell, I'm okay. It just brought me down.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:54 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Had a really sweet, romantic dream involving my crush. Problem is I'm supposed to be getting over him and just be his friend. Honestly this dream had some moments so sweet in it that I feel like it makes me want him even more. Which, now awake, just leaves me feeling pretty forkin melancholy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:40 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

My sister stole my favourite t-shirt and thinks it's funny how angry I am at her. It seems really petty but it's really upsetting that she seems to think she has some right to my things. She's 20, she should know better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:48 pm 

If there's one thing I remember about being 20, it's that I most certainly did not know better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:06 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Also (not that this will help in the slightest), my sister and I are in our late forties, and we still pull this kind of shiitake on each other.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:15 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Mars wrote:
If there's one thing I remember about being 20, it's that I most certainly did not know better.

Some of us do. It's just plain respectful for anyone of any age to ask to borrow something from someone unless there's some sort of agreement- it has very little to do with someone's age and a whole lot to do with temperament.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 pm 

Oh, it's a crasshole thing to do sure, but just think it's very silly to say they should know better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

That is pretty rude of her. Anyone who takes something from me only does it once- I don't put up with it. And every one of them knew better for sure.

Doggy update, she's pretty out of it, but she'll drink water from a cup. Progress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401 ... 631  Next