| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: Appetite for Reduction
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I had the tamarind bbq tempeh and sweet potatoes - it was really good!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Just made the red thai tofu and Bhutanese pineapple rice - didn't actually have the fancy red rice so it came out a wee bit mealy but still delicious. I have to say these tofu recipies are great. I had not really done much with them until recently - love the hoison wraps one!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I made the Spinach and Potato curry last night. I have made it before, but I found it kind of meh. This time I pretty much doubled the spices and made sure to get a GOOD frozen spinach. I think last time I had a terrible generic brand and that was the problem. Crappy curry powder last time too. This time I got the Trader Joe's organic kind. I also added some garam masala at the end.

It was really good with lots of sirracha. Very filling. It was 6 servings for sure, when you add some rice. I served with the masala baked tofu (which is awesome)

I still have 3 large servings left, so I am going to freeze them tonight and save for when I am short on time. I am just starting to freeze stuff for future use, I hope this one works. I hope the potatoes don't get all gross when freezing and defrosting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I like adding chickpeas to the spinach and potato curry. It matches the flavour really well and adds some protein.

I made black beans in mole again, served over mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmmm. Such an easy and fast recipe, and so super yummy!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

annamal wrote:
I like adding chickpeas to the spinach and potato curry. It matches the flavour really well and adds some protein.

I made black beans in mole again, served over mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmmm. Such an easy and fast recipe, and so super yummy!

yes, I was totally thinking of adding chickpeas in next time! I think I have burnt my partner out on chickpeas though. When we are making the weekly grocery/meal list he has been looking at me with puppy eyes going "no more chickpeas. meeeh" (yes, he says the meeeeh)

sadness. I love chickpeas.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:09 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

hahaha aww that's cute.

... But honestly though, who doesn't like chickpeas?!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Sometimes I worry that I'm going to turn into a chickpea I eat so many of them. I've been eating a lot of chickpea cutlets with the silky chickpea gravy, a double whammy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:25 am 

Making the Moroccan Chickpeas & Zucchini again today - love the combination of spices in it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:55 pm 

Speaking of chickpeas, I'm going to make the eggplant and chickpea curry tomorrow. I can't believe I haven't made it yet.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:34 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Just made the Caldo Verde with Crumbled Tempeh for my dinners this week. Sweet fancy moses, that's tasty

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 pm 

I think I've made it my official mission to cook my way through this entire book - what should I make next?!

I'm thinking of making veggie potpie stew and sweet potato drop biscuits this weekend, for myself and a few friends, mmmm.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:33 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I made the sweet potato drop biscuits Friday night. They are sooooooo good! My husband and 4 year old requested them for Thanksgiving dinner.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 pm 

Amajorrecords wrote:
I made the sweet potato drop biscuits Friday night. They are sooooooo good! My husband and 4 year old requested them for Thanksgiving dinner.

Yay! Glad to hear! Can't wait to make them this weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:39 pm 

VeganMeredith wrote:
I think I've made it my official mission to cook my way through this entire book - what should I make next?!

I'm thinking of making veggie potpie stew and sweet potato drop biscuits this weekend, for myself and a few friends, mmmm.

What is the difference between green and yellow split peas? Can green be used instead of yellow in the potpie stew?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:39 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

The green ones might make it a weird colour, but I think it would taste fine. (PS. I LOVE that stew; comfort food at its finest)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:40 pm 

almiratanner wrote:
The green ones might make it a weird colour, but I think it would taste fine. (PS. I LOVE that stew; comfort food at its finest)

Thanks! I thought it might affect the colour, but I couldn't think of anything else different. Glad to hear it's good, me and my friends are making a comfort food dinner this weekend so this recipe seems to fit the theme perfectly :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tonight we made the green chili and I absolutely loved it! Husband thought it had too much kale (he is not a fan of greens) but I thought it was perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 am 
Ninja Master

I made the portobello pepper steak stew again last night. I have made this sooo many times now I am surprised that I don't know it by heart yet. So good.

Usually I make it with Fry's beef strips because I'm lazy, but I had some homemade seitan in my fridge so I used that. Looking forward to leftovers tonight and I've frozen 2 portions for later meals! YAYZ.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I didn't think I liked black eyed peas and my husband isn't a fan of beans or greens but I made the hottie bep + greens and I loved it and he loved it and the kid eats it! VICTORY.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

baps wrote:
I made the portobello pepper steak stew again last night. I have made this sooo many times now I am surprised that I don't know it by heart yet. So good.

Usually I make it with Fry's beef strips because I'm lazy, but I had some homemade seitan in my fridge so I used that. Looking forward to leftovers tonight and I've frozen 2 portions for later meals! YAYZ.

I am very sad that my fiance did not like this recipe at ALL. I thought it was so yummy. It goes on the list of recipes that I make when he is away on business. The irish seitan stew is on that list as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:02 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

appifanie wrote:
I didn't think I liked black eyed peas and my husband isn't a fan of beans or greens but I made the hottie bep + greens and I loved it and he loved it and the kid eats it! VICTORY.

I had a bunch if kale in the fridge I was going to use in another recipe but decided to make this instead, based on your recommendation. It was fabulous! I made the sweet potato and apple mash she recommends and it was a nice balance to the heat and smokiness of the beans and greens. I also had steamed broccoli and a rice pilaf and it was one of the best dinners I have had in a while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

appifanie wrote:

I had a bunch if kale in the fridge I was going to use in another recipe but decided to make this instead, based on your recommendation. It was fabulous! I made the sweet potato and apple mash she recommends and it was a nice balance to the heat and smokiness of the beans and greens. I also had steamed broccoli and a rice pilaf and it was one of the best dinners I have had in a while.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I flippin LOVE the potpie stew. It's one of my favourite recipes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

VeganMeredith wrote:
almiratanner wrote:

Thanks! I thought it might affect the colour, but I couldn't think of anything else different. Glad to hear it's good, me and my friends are making a comfort food dinner this weekend so this recipe seems to fit the theme perfectly :)

I think the yellow ones get a lot creamier. Or maybe that's just my experience.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:53 pm 

creep wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:
almiratanner wrote:

I think the yellow ones get a lot creamier. Or maybe that's just my experience.

Cool! Thanks. I've never cooked with the yellow, so that's good to know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 121  Next