| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The hearts didn't stop in our world either - in the vault Sheriff Graham's heart was still beating until she crushed it - that was pre-magic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:16 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

kimba wrote:
The hearts didn't stop in our world either - in the vault Sheriff Graham's heart was still beating until she crushed it - that was pre-magic.

Right, which makes me think one of two things. Either this world does have some level of magic, just not as much as the "magical" lands or there is a huge logic issue with the whole show (i.e., how is that magic but nothing else is because that IS magic).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I assumed that magic things created, enchanted, or otherwise obtained in a world with magic retain those special qualities (the disembodied hearts, the poisoned apple, Regina's ring, potions). Except for Jefferson's hat—probably out of plot contrivance or possibly fanwanking about Wonderland magic working differently, if one is so inclined.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ugh, August is such an asparagus!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:14 pm 
Hip Goiter

But he's so dreeeeeamy! :) I'm obsessed, so he can do no wrong in my eyes.

I want more Jorge! He was the best part of this episode. Wonder what will happen to Hook...and that's about all we're left with from this episode. No Rumple or Regina? Argh. Next week's looks very interesting. I hope Bradford Meade doesn't kill Ruby!

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

That was my number one complaint--more Jorge! ALL JORGE ALL THE TIME!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

Am I the only one who wished Emma's ex was better looking? I think Charming, the Sheriff, August, Jefferson and Hook have made him lesser in my eyes.

And I agree with Kimba. At least he sent the postcard?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I thought he was pretty cute.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I can only ever see him as Rene on True Blood. I keep expecting him to be fake Cajun.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode - Ruby Ruby Ruby!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I always wanted to watch this show but never did till I recently stumbled across season 1 on netflix. It is so good! I watched all of season one in just a couple weeks & caught up with this season on the internet. This week was the 1st time I actually watched it on Sunday on normal tv and my god, how much I absolutely despise normal tv all came to me at once. (I haven't watched it in forever) The commercials are SO BAD! There were more commercials than show! It interrupts the flow of the story so much too. You can really get into it so much easier on netflix.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:19 pm 

I don't have netflix, but I record it in my DVR and skip the commercials. I haven't seen many commercials since I got my DVR;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm 
Hip Goiter

You know Aubade, I watch more regular television than probably anyone except The Soup staffers, and I noticed with this episode that there were WAY more commercials than normal, and that the commercial breaks were longer than the actual show intervals.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

RandiJM wrote:
I noticed with this episode that there were WAY more commercials than normal, and that the commercial breaks were longer than the actual show intervals.

Ok good at least it wasn't just me. I remember one part of the show was seriously like 2 minutes long and then it cut right back to more commercials! I thought what the heck, has it gotten this much worse since last time I watched tv??

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

What did August show Neal in that suitcase that convinced him to believe his story so quickly?

And where is August/Pinocchio? We saw him in flashback, but in modern Storybrook, we haven't seen anything of him since Gepetto went to his room and found it empty. Is he in human form, or in man-sized wooden puppet form? He must be alive since he sent the postcard to Neal, right?

Wonder what the significance of Henry and Aurora having the same dream is?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 pm 

Yes! I want the answer to all of these.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 am 

HEHEHEHHEHE!

http://furtherdispatches.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/hope-you-were-able-to-catch-me-on-tv-last-night/

Quote:
Looking forward to the return engagement.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ruby is seriously the most beautiful person on television. (Except for when Cheyenne Jackson is on 30 Rock.)

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

my crush in this show is on Jefferson.

re: august's suitcase-- didn't that appear in the first season? i don't remember what happened with that. i liked the Pulp Fiction feel, though ;) there's so many characters to follow in this show, i'm sure they're going to work pinocchio into present day; it'll just take time.

i don't understand how Dr. Whale/Frankenstein got back to his world at the end of episode 5. everyone else is making this big deal about portals and there's the Dr. in his black and white world.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 am 

I think Jefferson took him back with his hat. He seemed to have the corner on the world jumping market with that hat, which that total dick face totally burned up!

I liked this episode. I agree that Ruby is gorgeous. I also really like how she's a genuinely good person in spite of being a 'monster.'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
Ruby is seriously the most beautiful person on television. (Except for when Cheyenne Jackson is on 30 Rock.)

+1 yummy

I thought the dr going back with Jefferson was Frankenstein, i.e., I thought it was after he tried to "help" Regina, not when they were in Storybrooke.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:14 pm 
Saggy Butt

Ruby is one of my favorites on the show. She can play really sweet and then really tough.

I'm still glad they've broken the curse, I really like David/Charming now that he's back to normal, instead of wishy-washy didn't know what he should do. Sure he had amnesia but I think the curse had taken his backbone as well. I think he should punish his former 'father' by pushing him over the town lines and make him forget he's a king. Doubt locking him up for murder would lead to anything good.

I keep wondering if the item in August's box is something like Tinkerbell or some small fairy-tale thing that is obviously not of this world that someone would have to believe? Otherwise I got nothing. Hopefully it won't end up like the box in Castaway, where it was just a symbol and you never saw what was in it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

rachell37 wrote:
I thought the dr going back with Jefferson was Frankenstein, i.e., I thought it was after he tried to "help" Regina, not when they were in Storybrooke.

i even re-watched the end of that episode and thought it was confusing. if it was a flashback to before the curse, it doesn't make sense because the dr said the procedure hadn't worked before.... i know this show has a lot of plot loopholes, most of which i'm willing to forgive, but this one was really confusing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 pm 

I think it didn't work how he thought it might/he turned his brother into a 'monster' or something.

Are there going zombies this week coming up?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:21 pm 

Ooops, that was weird when I edited, it actually created a whole new post instead...next post is the one I meant to submit (only once).

Last edited by Whovian on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:22 pm 

chouettes crêpes wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

i even re-watched the end of that episode and thought it was confusing. if it was a flashback to before the curse, it doesn't make sense because the dr said the procedure hadn't worked before.... i know this show has a lot of plot loopholes, most of which i'm willing to forgive, but this one was really confusing.

Frankenstein talked about the procedure never having worked in his land because the hearts he could get there couldn't take the procedure, so it seems obvious that he had tried the procedure before and the heart(s) he used didn't work. That's why he needed a magic heart. That part was definitely NOT when he was in Storybrooke, but just after he'd gotten the magic heart to try his experiment again.

Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next