| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV) NO COMIC SPOILERS!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

beforewisdom wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
I'm surprised they let Michonne just walk out. They blindfolded both her and Andrea when they brought them to Woodbury. Presumably to keep their location hidden so that someone else wouldn't due to Woodbury what the Governor did to the National Guard. Letting Michonne find her own way out defeats that purpose.

I don't think that they let her walk out. I think that they will attempt to kill her. I think they let her walk out so that Andrea and her are no longer paired up.

Or maybe the writers let her go just so a plotline could unfold where she returns to get Andrea or Andrea escapes to find her.

Michonne is my favorite character so far. I loved when she turned the tables on the governor and had her sword right up on his throat. So, so tough and very well equipped to survive in a post-apocaplytic zombie world.

I thought Darryl with the baby was sweet, but totally implausible. I didn't read any dynamics that would create this seemingly unspoken group understanding that Darryl would feed the baby. Did I miss something?

Also, the list of female baby names that Carl recited was very sad -- the group has lost so many people. I think it would be really fitting, but also unsettling to name the baby after any of them.

Great episode!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

ijustdiedinside wrote:
So glad Michonne didn't stay. I was super worried they would kill her if she did. I would think that in a world filled with violence, people who finally found a safe haven, wouldn't want to be entertained with more violence. but what do I know?

i don't think it's any weirder than the fact that boxing/wrestling/mixed martial arts are entertainment now. in their day-to-day lives, those people aren't exposed to much violence, and humans have always loved watching other humans beat the shiitake out of each other or get mauled by tigers or whatever. i had the same reaction as andrea (and you), but we've experienced a lot more of this world from andrea's point of view.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:26 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

beforewisdom wrote:
I'm surprised they let Michonne just walk out. They blindfolded both her and Andrea when they brought them to Woodbury. Presumably to keep their location hidden so that someone else wouldn't due to Woodbury what the Governor did to the National Guard. Letting Michonne find her own way out defeats that purpose.

Me too. I thought for sure they were going to shoot her after they closed the gates behind her.

Again, I couldn't understand why they dug three graves. Lori's body was eaten by a zombie and they haven't found Carol. I can understand the grave markers as memorials, but they dug three holes just to fill them back up with dirt?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Biodancer wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:

Me too. I thought for sure they were going to shoot her after they closed the gates behind her.

I agree with what someone wrote a few posts up. They will probably try to hunt her down so they don't have to deal with the backlash of Andrea and the town seeing her executed. Of course, they could have simply insisted a blindfolded ride in a jeep where they drop her off somewhere. Nobody would have had a problems with that.

Quote:
Again, I couldn't understand why they dug three graves. Lori's body was eaten by a zombie and they haven't found Carol. I can understand the grave markers as memorials, but they dug three holes just to fill them back up with dirt?

Maybe they dug a shallow grave for Carol and just put some of her things in it as a memorial? Maybe they also thought that a body near her scarf was hers?

Lori wasn't eaten by the zombies. Her body, after Carl shot her, was left behind a closed door in that utility room.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The phone call on the rotary dial phone that Rick picked up may be from Carol. When she ran off she became trapped behind some closed door with a hoard standing outside. Maybe the room she is in has the rotary phones as an internal prison communications system and she is trying to call for help, for someone to come get her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

beforewisdom wrote:
Lori wasn't eaten by the zombies. Her body, after Carl shot her, was left behind a closed door in that utility room.

but . . . that whole scene at the end, when rick found all the blood puddles and the one bullet and then stabbed that zombie with the huge distended belly? wasn't that because that zombie had eaten lori?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:10 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

acr wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:

but . . . that whole scene at the end, when rick found all the blood puddles and the one bullet and then stabbed that zombie with the huge distended belly? wasn't that because that zombie had eaten lori?

yeah, for sure. that was the room she had been in and there's a zombie with a distended abdomen surrounded by a lot of blood. i'm pretty sure we were supposed to infer that the zombie ate lori.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

beforewisdom wrote:
The phone call on the rotary dial phone that Rick picked up may be from Carol. When she ran off she became trapped behind some closed door with a hoard standing outside. Maybe the room she is in has the rotary phones as an internal prison communications system and she is trying to call for help, for someone to come get her.

I like this theory!

And yeah, I don't understand three graves when they only have one body at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
DARRYL WITH BABY! I could watch an hour of that.

Me too! I love Darryl more and more every episode. Broke my heart seeing him leave that Cherokee rose on Carol's grave.

I think Carl has the potential to be a Darryl. Growing up in such a shitty world and learning how to fight to survive.

It was sweet to see him with the baby, but they only have two cans of formula and I can't help but feel like that sweet scene was just the calm before the storm like when they were all excited about the jail - "we could really live here!" Then two (or three) of them died.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ijustdiedinside wrote:
acr wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:

yeah, for sure. that was the room she had been in and there's a zombie with a distended abdomen surrounded by a lot of blood. i'm pretty sure we were supposed to infer that the zombie ate lori.

Damn, I totally didn't infer that. I thought that zombie was just a wicked alcoholic before the apocalypse. Oops.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:14 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

acr wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:

Maybe. I thought that was the kitchen where they cut off Herschel's leg and where they found the prisoners.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:15 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

pickledtreats wrote:
Damn, I totally didn't infer that. I thought that zombie was just a wicked alcoholic before the apocalypse. Oops.

L-M-A-O I thought exactly the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:20 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Yeah, the zombie ate Lori. I mean, come on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I was really afraid rick would cut the zombie open and Lori's eye ball or wedding ring finger or something was going to fall out. This show knows no limits when it comes to horrifying/disgusting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

That zombie totally ate Lori and Rick knew it, that's why he started stabbing it in the stomach after he had already shot it in the head. He found the bullet and then saw the blood trail that lead to the very full looking zombie.

As for the phone call, who left would know the phone number to dial? Is that a stupid question?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

The zombie with the big belly definitely ate Lori. They talked about it on Talking Dead last night. It was heavily implied in the episode but the producer of last nights episode confirmed it. I'm wondering whats up with Carol... I don't think she's dead but where is she??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I was waiting for Darryl and Maggie to find toddler zombies in the preschool/daycare. But no, all they found was a poor liitle possum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

quagga wrote:
I was waiting for Darryl and Maggie to find toddler zombies in the preschool/daycare. But no, all they found was a poor liitle possum.

Yes! But I'm so glad they didn't find them, because few things are creepier than toddler zombies. That scene was so sad in the way it called attention to all the children who never had a chance.

And I'm in the camp thinking that Rick was hallucinating, big time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:23 pm 
Saggy Butt

I don't think Carl will be a Daryl with a necklace of ears, I think he will be a Governor with heads in tanks. Maybe with a zombie Beth so he can brush her hair.

I'm always worried when someone is wandering alone, what if Rick had come across Carol in his state and mistook her for a walker? Hopefully Daryl shows her some affection when they're reunited.

Best retweet by @WalkingDead_AMC:
Quote:
Kevin Fitzpatrick‏@TVKevLance
Norman Reedus cradling a baby girl. A million ovaries just fluttered across the world. #TheWalkingDead

Mine sure did.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:37 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The governor doesn't seem to be all that evil to me, not the way he did in the first episode. Twisted yes, but he has a likable quality to him that Herschel did not have until he returned to reality.

I think Rick's group failed to learn Shane's lesson. Locks don't matter, if there are walkers around they are not safe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I didn't think I would like Michone, but I am coming to look forward to seeing her stunts. I thought since the beginning that it would be really cool to have a martial artist among the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:00 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

quagga wrote:

I was waiting for this too. I was expecting them to open a door and to be met with a swarm of toddler zombies. Slaying a bunch of children would have been such an interesting contrast to him holding the baby.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

The whole scene with Daryl and Maggie in the daycare had me on edge. Every damn second I was afraid Maggie would get bit. With this show, you just can't be sure.

Daryl with the baby was incredible, and Carl's naming list as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The creepiest thing about the governor to me is that we've already seen his heads-in-aquariums collection and his zombie daughter whose hair he brushes, but there is this looming sense of doom that we don't know the half of it yet. I feel like they're going to reveal something about him and Woodbury that will basically blow our minds with the horribleness.

I totally did not get that that zombie had eaten Lori. I couldn't figure out what the hell the big deal was there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

No doubt. I am curious to know what the experiments are all about, though I do not know what one garage scientist can learn that a dude with all of the CDC equipment could not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 34  Next