| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV) NO COMIC SPOILERS!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:48 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I wanna know what's up with the tea. And the liquids in general. He's always offering drinks and I know something fishy is going on there.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 am 
Saggy Butt

Maybe Woodbury is killing people under controlled circumstances to see if an anti-zombie vaccine ( in the drinks ) works. The tea could also contain some kind of medical dye that they want visitors to drink so they can kill them, turn them into zombies under controlled circumstances to see if any of their personality survives with the hopes of helping walkers like the governors daughter. Maybe the Governor and the garage scientist are insane/aggrieved enough to think they can learn something that way.

Either way, I'm guessing the big secret of Woodbury is that they are experimenting on people.

Last season already had the hidden cache of walkers as the big secret of the season.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I was confused if the zombie ate Lori...I figured there would be a little of her left (like her head?) I thought maybe Carl didn't shoot her and she zombied off somewhere in the prison.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 am 
Saggy Butt

More than one zombie could have eaten her and left

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

couroupita wrote:
I thought maybe Carl didn't shoot her and she zombied off somewhere in the prison.

That's what I was thinking, too. It would have been interesting if Rick had had to kill his zombie wife.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 am 

I'm happy they didn't do that. Zombie Shane was enough.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

takecare wrote:
quagga wrote:
I was waiting for Darryl and Maggie to find toddler zombies in the preschool/daycare. But no, all they found was a poor liitle possum.

I was waiting for this too. I was expecting them to open a door and to be met with a swarm of toddler zombies. Slaying a bunch of children would have been such an interesting contrast to him holding the baby.

I was really hoping for toddler zombies.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

IsaChandra wrote:
I wanna know what's up with the tea. And the liquids in general. He's always offering drinks and I know something fishy is going on there.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:36 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

There has to be something going on with the drinks, they put so much focus on them in every scene. And cups are kind of an awkward prop, you know they wouldn't be holding them all the time unless they were important to the plot. Someone I was watching it with last week was all nah, we're just supposed to be impressed that now they have beverages when they didn't have them before but I call shenanigans. If these were frosty cold icees or snowballs, maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

beforewisdom wrote:
The governor doesn't seem to be all that evil to me, not the way he did in the first episode. Twisted yes, but he has a likable quality to him that Herschel did not have until he returned to reality.

I think Rick's group failed to learn Shane's lesson. Locks don't matter, if there are walkers around they are not safe.

The main reason I think he's not a 'good' person, as opposed to just crazy from the stress, is that he keeps his daughter alive and clean and tended to, while he thinks it's okay to pull out the teeth of other 'biters' for sport. Reminds me of stories of gladiators killing each other by the hundreds/thousands in mock battles while Roman citizens watched.

I thought Rick picked up Lori's wedding ring, didn't get a good look at it, but watching the Talking Dead the director said it was the bullet that killed her. Guess she did get eaten.

+1 on don't drink the kool-aid!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:26 pm 
Chard Martyr

Fee wrote:
There has to be something going on with the drinks, they put so much focus on them in every scene. And cups are kind of an awkward prop, you know they wouldn't be holding them all the time unless they were important to the plot. Someone I was watching it with last week was all nah, we're just supposed to be impressed that now they have beverages when they didn't have them before but I call shenanigans. If these were frosty cold icees or snowballs, maybe.

yeah, no way are they just beverages. the governor made a point of making sure he had "his tea" or whatever from scientist guy. ick!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I am so glad that there were no zombie toddlers, and that Rick didn't gut the zombie that ate Lori!
I am irrationally concerned for the baby/about baby formula, but they almost never show the rest of the group eating anyway, so maybe they'll gloss over that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I was pretty certain that zombie ate Lori, but the Talking Dead verified that. Apparently he was covered in her hair? I didn't notice that, but ew.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Kiddo wrote:
I am irrationally concerned for the baby/about baby formula, but they almost never show the rest of the group eating anyway, so maybe they'll gloss over that.

I am too! When they found the two cans of formula, my first thought was, "so they are good for one week. what then?" But you're right, they almost never show them eating anyway.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really wish they would play the Talking Dead right after the show. We always miss it because it comes on too late.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:28 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

I wish Joaquim Phoenix was in a spin-off show called Joaquim Dead about how he fares after the zombocalypse. Does he manage to stay vegan? Does he get saved in a sort of clinical, distant manner by Werner Herzog at some point? Is it worse for his career than I'm Still Here?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:36 pm 
Saggy Butt

Raspberry Swirl wrote:
Kiddo wrote:

I am too! When they found the two cans of formula, my first thought was, "so they are good for one week. what then?" But you're right, they almost never show them eating anyway.

I'm still waiting for a "TWD Cookbook" to come out. I guess it would revolve around recipes you can make with canned and dried goods.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

mumbles wrote:
I wish Joaquim Phoenix was in a spin-off show called Joaquim Dead about how he fares after the zombocalypse. Does he manage to stay vegan? Does he get saved in a sort of clinical, distant manner by Werner Herzog at some point? Is it worse for his career than I'm Still Here?

i'm watching as long as werner has more than a brief guest spot. i hope the first thing he says to joaquin after he saves him is, "is this a great moment?" and then a chicken dances for ten minutes, and nobody eats it, because joaquin thinks of a fish and werner herzog eats his shoe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

"It's not a significant zombie."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Raspberry Swirl wrote:
Kiddo wrote:

My thought was that they'll have to make a big deal out of feeding the baby because they only found those two canisters. Since they broke into a daycare I think it's reasonable if they would've had like twenty canisters or whatever to conveniently solve that problem, but they only made it two for a reason. Maybe they'll have to barter with someone for formula?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:18 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

do we know that those two canisters are the only ones she found? i mean, they're the only ones we saw her find, but that might not mean that much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:02 pm 

Liz_D wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
The governor doesn't seem to be all that evil to me, not the way he did in the first episode. Twisted yes, but he has a likable quality to him that Herschel did not have until he returned to reality.

I think Rick's group failed to learn Shane's lesson. Locks don't matter, if there are walkers around they are not safe.

The main reason I think he's not a 'good' person, as opposed to just crazy from the stress, is that he keeps his daughter alive and clean and tended to, while he thinks it's okay to pull out the teeth of other 'biters' for sport. Reminds me of stories of gladiators killing each other by the hundreds/thousands in mock battles while Roman citizens watched.

That and the whole KILLING AN ENTIRE BATTALION IN COLD BLOOD AND STEALING THEIR shiitake!

Also, there weren't only zombie heads in the aquariums. There was also the small matter of the helicopter pilot's head. Not cool, guvna.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:29 pm 
Saggy Butt

I don't endorse it, but his character could always say it was preemptive self defense. In that world survivors are preying upon other survivors. That helicopter would have discovered Woodbury if it kept flying and it wasn't shot down. The National Guards unit, no longer being bound by any laws, possibly living by a survivalist ethic and being trained to fight as a unit could have abused the people of Woodbury. The head in the tank is sick for sure, but a living pilot also would have been a threat. As far as the treatment of the walkers go, they are all dead, there isn't anything you can do to them. Yes, the governor is inconsistent, but he is also out of his mind. Would I want to serve under him even with a guarantee nothing would happen to me. No. Do I find his character interesting enough to enjoy seeing it in the show. Yes.

It looks like his worst offense now is likely experimenting on people, which is pretty nasty.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

IsaChandra wrote:
That and the whole KILLING AN ENTIRE BATTALION IN COLD BLOOD AND STEALING THEIR shiitake!

Also, there weren't only zombie heads in the aquariums. There was also the small matter of the helicopter pilot's head. Not cool, guvna.

Head, yeah I have a problem with the pilot, but if the Dr. couldnt have saved him he'd have turned and been in there anyway. He was also using medical supplies the townspeople needed, why waste on a stranger.

And in killing the pilot's men, it's a bit similar to what Glenn was asking, should they have just killed the prisoners instead of letting some go. Maybe they're trying to show the differences between the two groups. The Governor seems to have just decided to kill them all before they find his town. Oh, and get more supplies. Our favorite little group is thinking to give people a chance if they can, they're all in this together, so to speak.

I think the only reason they kept Andrea and Michonne alive was they were women. That may have to do with the experiments? Or the Governor wants a harem.

Last edited by Liz_D on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm 

Rick's group would never kill the military guys and take their shiitake, then lie to everyone. There is no comparison. And it's pretty obvious they didn't just kill the pilot because they couldn't save him, they had no intention of saving him.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 34  Next