| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Ah, the frosting kills me. People who bisque about vegan baked goods have no problem eating that crepe with a spoon.

(boy, I sound bitter and grumpy today. Good thing I'm sneaking out early to go buy Malice nail polish)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

How IS it November? I don't understand because the weather has been great and tourism hasn't slowed at my work.

In other randoms, I am SO excited to have xmas this year with just me, my fiance, and our cat. It will be so cozy and lazy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Nope, LW, I'm still impressed. I actually really liked the CivIII game play, but we only had it for my mac, and I feel like civ does not run well on Macs.

I'm excited about the game I'm playing now, because my partner has played Civ in its various editions side he was about 10. I have never known him to lose against a human player - even with a handicap - and he can beat the ai at deity level pretty regularly (although the ai sucks sometimes). Anyhow, this go round, I have torched 4 of his cities, including his second best AND I killed the only great general he generated (having generated 4 of my own), plus destroyed a pile of seige weapons before they could reach my territory. So I've held him off well- except now he has grenadiers and I'm still rocking mêlée units and the Mongolian special horse units.

On a vegan-relevant note, we joke that he should get a handicap of playing a vegan - or at least vegetarian game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 pm 
Inflexitarian

lavawitch wrote:
For bacon, you don't need to steam the tempeh. The savory, strong marinade, and sautéing cook it nicely; not bitter at all.

It's best if you sauté until its really well done, but it's a perfect introduction to tempeh, and hard to screw up enough that it doesn't come out tasty.

It turned out really well! Thanks for the suggestion and advice :) We had it alongside pancakes. It made for a pretty great breakfast followed by a long day of adventuring in a park.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:44 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

fisticuffs wrote:
I hope mr. kitty is better and can come home today. I miss my lil' lovebug.

I'm thinking of you both. I hope he has a wee soon and can go home!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:46 pm 
WRETCHED

I was searching for pictures of the Peanuts Thanksgiving episode. I found way too many pictures of people's pictures of their version of the thanksgiving meal of toast, jelly beans and pretzels.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'll be on a plane in just over 12 hours, and I feel really unprepared despite the amount of work I've put into planning this trip. For example, I just found out that the trains from Newark to Penn Station are really delayed, so I might have to get a later train to Poughkeepsie and/or skip lunch. I bought a few things for snacking/emergencies, and hopefully they'll give me the right meal since I requested it immediately after booking and just confirmed it a few minutes ago. And I just discovered that the travel bottle I bought for my conditioner is cracked (and it's far too late for me to find an alternative). Flying is such a pain in the asparagus; someone needs to build a transatlantic bullet train.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am running in an 80s 5k fun run on Sunday with some friends, and I have MOST of my outfit, but I meant to go out today and find a big sweatshirt that I could cut the collar off of so that it would be all 80s style (to go with my super blue eyeshadow, Barbie pink lipstick, sparkly leopard print leggings, and leg warmers) but I FORGOT and now it is late and I have to do stuff for tomorrow. BUTT STICKS.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:30 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I want to move to a place where "pro-lifers" don't forking exist.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I could really do without being physically sick, having a hyper dog and it lashing rain outside. Not looking forward to being dragged out into that rain for a long walk when I am coughing and wheezing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

The party on saturday went really really well. Everything was clearly marked when vegan, almost all the food was vegan anyway, and it was all delicious! The only comment I got was "wow, this pie is really excellent. Is it really vegan? Wow!" Yay! I had to laugh as one guy brought refried baked beans, two versions, one marked vegan, the other marked "emphatetically NOT vegan" (it had bacon). How amazing is that?

Then after a brief trip to Trieste (10 hours roundtrip) I now am the owner of 50% of my grandma's house. My sister own the other half, and hopefully the taxes won't be too complicated to sort out.

And now back to work!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:26 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

daisychain wrote:
I could really do without being physically sick, having a hyper dog and it lashing rain outside. Not looking forward to being dragged out into that rain for a long walk when I am coughing and wheezing.

Scenarios like this have kept me from running to the shelter to adopt a dog, as much as I love them. Cats allow you to stay in your pajamas all day.

Hope you're feeling better soon, daisychain!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:18 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

you know what's awesome about waking up at 5:00 in the morning for no reason after getting about four hours of sleep? NOTHING. NOT ONE THING. whichever part of my brain controls my sleep/wake cycle, i want to gouge out its eyes.

Last edited by acr on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:27 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

rachell37 wrote:
I'll be on a plane in just over 12 hours, and I feel really unprepared despite the amount of work I've put into planning this trip. For example, I just found out that the trains from Newark to Penn Station are really delayed, so I might have to get a later train to Poughkeepsie and/or skip lunch. I bought a few things for snacking/emergencies, and hopefully they'll give me the right meal since I requested it immediately after booking and just confirmed it a few minutes ago. And I just discovered that the travel bottle I bought for my conditioner is cracked (and it's far too late for me to find an alternative). Flying is such a pain in the asparagus; someone needs to build a transatlantic bullet train.

So true, and I only flew a short distance! I planned and planned and planned for this trip, but you can't predict that your flight will be delayed for HOURS, therefore inconveniencing your airbnb host who is supposed to meet you at the apartment, and then needing to switch flights and go to LaGuardia instead of JFK because your original flight is getting more delayed by the minute. STRESS.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:36 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I'm starting to wish I'd decided to take the bus. Now it's too late, and it's gonna be a coooooold ride to work. I hate the first sub-freezing day. You never know what to expect.

Also, it was 65 on Saturday, so this 27 degree business is extra harsh. Forkin' Chicago, man!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lepelaar wrote:
daisychain wrote:

Scenarios like this have kept me from running to the shelter to adopt a dog, as much as I love them. Cats allow you to stay in your pajamas all day.

Thanks x
I have to admit it is one of the only pitfalls of having a large, high energy dog. My last dog was a lazy little sod and only needed walking twice a week so he was a breeze when I was sick. He used to love curling up in bed with me all day.

Not feeling too bad yet so I put on a big pot of soup to have ready for the next few days. Hopefully I will be able to knock it on it's head before it gets really bad. Not in the mood for dealing with bronchitis while I'm a bit beaten down from depression.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I get really annoyed when I see this pin on pinterest that is all "an hour workout is only 4% of your day, no excuses"
Mother forker. Between working, commuting, cleaning, sleeping and cooking that hour is like 100% of my free time. Stop acting like it's no big deal, pin. I hate you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Can I just run around the whole world to hug each and every one of you right now?! Hyper doesn't describe me right now!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Over the weekend, I met a dog called a CHIHUAWEENIE. It is a cross of a Chihuahua and a Dachshund. And basically it was so insanely adorable and I wanted to steal it, but I couldn't because that's not right, but YOU GUYS CHIHUAWEENIE.

I want one. I am thinking about puppies instead of grading. But puppies!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:40 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Those days when you didn't bring enough lunch/snacks to get through the day. >.< (+ don't have enough time to go and buy some)
One more class, then I can go home...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm attracted to Paula Broadwell.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 pm 
Dead by dawn

DarthCupcake wrote:
Over the weekend, I met a dog called a CHIHUAWEENIE. It is a cross of a Chihuahua and a Dachshund. And basically it was so insanely adorable and I wanted to steal it, but I couldn't because that's not right, but YOU GUYS CHIHUAWEENIE.

I want one. I am thinking about puppies instead of grading. But puppies!

My Nana had one names Cuddles, but we called her a Chihuachshund.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm not proud of what I just did. I work at a rehab. And the patients aren't allowed to have super unhealthy food, the doctor just likes them to have a moderate amount of sugar, no candy or anything. One of the patient's wives bought in a big bag of Halloween candy. And of course it was confiscated. I spotted two tiny little dark chocolate peanut chews. We do NOT have peanut chews in Louisiana. Every time I go into the store I look for them high and low, always to no avail. I had to personally confiscate these chews.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Fee wrote:
I'm not proud of what I just did. I work at a rehab. And the patients aren't allowed to have super unhealthy food, the doctor just likes them to have a moderate amount of sugar, no candy or anything. One of the patient's wives bought in a big bag of Halloween candy. And of course it was confiscated. I spotted two tiny little dark chocolate peanut chews. We do NOT have peanut chews in Louisiana. Every time I go into the store I look for them high and low, always to no avail. I had to personally confiscate these chews.

Peanut Chews only show up sporadically in Connecticut, at least where I live. I'd do the same.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

lepelaar wrote:
daisychain wrote:

Ah but a cat will wake you at the crack of dawn or sometimes earlier, climb all over the bed, sit on your head and meow until you give in and feed them. Then the cat goes right back to sleep after eating but you are wide awake and sleep deprived. And by "you" I mean me.

bird noises | book of faces

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 1851  Next