| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:42 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

How can Xtina say she didn't think about dressing patriotic?! Red, white, and blue hair..blue dress...sparkly white hair pieces... ???? at least Cee Lo was keepin it real!

I thought the opening performance of both teams together was really bad tonight..
Cody cracks me up!!! (in a good way), and I wish I could move around like De'borah. Diego really did seemed bored, and he's probably my least fave of all. I think the winner will either be Amanda or Trevine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I think this show is getting too predictable. I called each team before Carson started announcing stuff and the only one I got wrong was Xtina's. I thought she'd save De'Borah instead of Adriana(who I thought sounded awful this week) just so she wouldn't have 2 powerhouse singers competing against each other. But 11/12 ain't bad.

No more group songs, though. They're never good, and that time could be better spent. Especially since they always run out of time at the end of the show and are rushing through judges comments, yet at the beginning all 4 get to have their say. It just seems rude to me for whomever has to sing at the end. And was CeeLo really wearing pyjamas last night. God I'm gonna miss him next season.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wasn't expecting votes to choose Cassadee, thought Blake might pick Liz, and definitely should have been De'borah. Dez is not bad, but there were much better singers left, so he's probably getting a lot of looks votes...which is whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:39 pm 

Cassadee has a huge following and that's why people(on another board I read) were hoping she would be out before the public had the chance to vote.

I was thinking Blake was going to choose Liz as well, but I'm really happy he didn't.

And Dez, I'm kinda whatever on him. He doesn't do much looks-wise for me, and his voice isn't amazing, either. But I can deal with it, especially since Diego isn't there anymore. The judges always talked about how he would get the ladies votes because of his looks, but to me he always came across as sorta pervy/smarmy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

christina aguilera is dead to me for cutting de'borah loose. DEAD TO ME.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bluedawg wrote:

She's made the oddest decisions in the finals (ish)!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

bluedawg wrote:

Yep, me too. I think De'Borah had a strong shot at the win.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:04 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Xtina will never be dead to me but yeah, that sucked. And that Adrianna chick is super boring.

Mostly I'm just really glad that that kid with the glasses and swoopy hair and squeaky voice, who was basically Justin Beiber with an acoustic guitar, is gone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Poor kid! I don't particularly like his singing at all, but he seemed like a nice lil kiddo..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:17 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i really really liked him, and i was sad to see him go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Most of tonight's performances are NOT good. Most notably, the chick who bombed the Celine song. Dang, that was bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 am 

A few people surprised me last night, but the Titanic theme? Really? As soon as she said it, I started cringing. I mean, even Celine sounds bad on that one sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

yep, i'm getting really bored and a lot of people are sucking. i fast-forwarded through a ton last night. meh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

But Adam with the goatee thingie? Yeah.

Cody was really disappointing, because I was pulling for him...also Amanda. If she wants to do the alternative/rock thing, then she should DO IT. Something really bugs me about Melanie...it's like there's just something not sincere about her.

I've liked Terry from the very beginning (and wish he would win), but Trevin is the top runner to win by votes (I think).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i agree with pretty much all of that. *high five*

melanie (on paper) seems like the kind of artist i'd really like, but when i actually watch/listen to her, she bugs me. soooo breathy. and i'm sorry, but her hair and michaela's hair drive me totally bonkers. if your hair is a character of its own, you're trying too hard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I'm dumbfounded that Sylvia made it through, but I really don't care about the two who were eliminated.

My official favorites: Nicholas, Amanda, Terry, & Bryan. Trevin has a great voice, but there are a hundred recording artists out there that sound just like him. I guess you could say the same about Terry & Bryan, but I'm more into their styles. Amanda seems like she has some cool cross-style things in her pocket. And Nicholas is just plain awesome. I could listen to him sing all day long, and then hang out with him for hours on end.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 am 

I'm bummed Michaela is gone(although I liked her better when she picked her own songs) but am so happy that Adrianna is. I'm not quite sure how she even made it to the live shows.

Was really surprised Melanie made it, and really happy Cody made it. I was starting to get worried. He doesn't have the best voice on the show, but he's damn entertaining.

I'd like to hear Trevin sing something written in the last 20 years instead of really old songs all the time.

Are we supposed to believe that the order Carson was announcing who was safe was based on votes or was it totally random.

The CeeLo/Xtina performance was the best thing of the night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:00 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I really liked Cassadee during the blind auditions, but her song choices since and been sooo bleh. Says she's "more than just a pop rock chick" and then sings Avril Lavigne. Sure.

Amanda's voice is amazing, but Melanie is still my Team Adam pick..I just think she's adorable and I love that whole pop-meets-open-mic thing she's got going on. Her version of Lights was ahh swoon.

Trevin's great too.

I don't get Terry! Like, at all! He sings the same Journey-esque songs week after week and is just boring to me!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yeah, I don't get the Terry love at all. Sure, he's got a good voice. And, hell, I even like Journey. But there's nothing amazing about anything he's done so far, as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I love Terry because his voice is so crystal clear yet so classic rock! I thought he was especially amazing during the..battles? knockouts..one of those.

That one country artist was so bad..

Did anyone else hear CeeLo say fork, forking..like 3 times? I realize it's a live show, but doesn't it usually get edited for the later showings? Was funny.
I dunno, will be interesting to see the next performances..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 pm 

allychristine wrote:
I love Terry because his voice is so crystal clear yet so classic rock! I thought he was especially amazing during the..battles? knockouts..one of those.

Did anyone else hear CeeLo say fork, forking..like 3 times? I realize it's a live show, but doesn't it usually get edited for the later showings? Was funny.

That is exactly why I love Terry as well. I'd like to hear him sing something a bit more current, though, just to change it up one week. Maybe Muse or Radiohead. His Maybe I'm Amazed remains one of my favorite performances this season.

CeeLo did say fork a bunch last night. It sorta sounded like some of it was bleeped here, but I definitely heard a few that weren't bleeped.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:24 am 

Can we please get rid of Sylvia now? That performance was horrendous. I think she thinks her voice is better than it actually is and she picks these ridiculous songs thinking she can pull them off and yet she just sounds bad.

Terry needs to pick his own song next week instead of letting Blake pick songs for him.

Was really surprised Xtina wasn't familiar with the Grace Potter song Amanda sang.

Cody. I don't even know where to begin. Not the best vocal performance by a long shot, but damn it was entertaining. I think I had a smile on my face before he even started.

The only good thing to come of Melanie's performance was the knowledge that The White Stripes music is licensed on this show. Otherwise it was a hot mess that highlighted how little range she has. And please stop playing instruments unless you plan on sticking with them the whole song. Lookin' at you too, Sylvia.

The Xtina/Blake duet was far better than I expected.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

bluedawg wrote:
yep, i'm getting really bored and a lot of people are sucking. i fast-forwarded through a ton last night. meh.

Yeah, I think I'm going to stop watching and just watch a few performances on youtube from now on. I think I can only stomach one singing competition per season and X Factor is definitely better right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Quote:
And please stop playing instruments unless you plan on sticking with them the whole song. Lookin' at you too, Sylvia.

Seriously!!! I hate that.

I really like Tery's voice, but I feel like every time he sings a song that's 20 years old he reminds us that the style of music he does is not relevant anymore. He needs to pick something from the last couple of years.

I thought Cody gave the best performance overall, but barely sung. I was mad about how much of the chorus the back up singers sang. He needs to sing his own song.

I still love Amanda. I think she has a great voice and I think she's versatile enough to actually make music people will buy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm 

DEG wrote:
I really like Tery's voice, but I feel like every time he sings a song that's 20 years old he reminds us that the style of music he does is not relevant anymore. He needs to pick something from the last couple of years.

I think the problem is that Blake is picking all these songs and doesn't really know what to do with Terry other thangive him classic rock songs. And then he picks ones by singers with ridiculous ranges.

Not surprised by the results last night although I was surprised Melanie charted so high. Maybe it's because The White Stripes are local and I've been a fan of Jack White's for so long, but SNA is a sing-along song and she totally ruined that aspect of it, and I didn't see America reacting so positively to it.
So happy Cody made it. While not the greatest singer, I'd sure tune in and watch the Cody Variety Show with him being him every week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next