| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

What an amazing birth, lb! wow! Lydia is beautiful and I hope you're all doing really well.

Congratulations on one of each flavour, helbury! We didn't want to find out [just one baby though!] and now that we're down to only five or six weeks till we meet this baby it's so exciting to think we're finally going to know!

dtbk you look incredible! So amazing to think there are two whole people in there!

I've got a midwife appointment this afternoon, looking forward to it as it will be the first time I've seen my midwife in nine weeks. My last appointment was only five weeks ago, but my midwife was inexplicably absent so I saw a midwifery student instead, which was fine I guess, but as things are getting closer I'm very keen to actually spend some time with my midwife, especially as no one else from her office has rights to attend births at the birthing centre where we'll be going, so there's zero chance they'll be at my birth...

On telling work - I'm totally sure you could continue 'hiding' your bump for a while yet, LisaPunk! Definitely stay away from maternity clothes if you can and go with a normal loose fit, I still only have one maternity top [which my mum bought for me] and it's just a stretchy t shirt basically.
I conveniently work in an all-male office so they were all well surprised, though we'd had a mid-winter Christmas function a few weeks before I shared the news [at around 16 weeks] and a few of the guys mentioned their wives had their suspicions. I didn't really start to look noticeable till ~19 weeks, though when I look now at photos of me then, I can't believe how tiny that 'bump' was compared to now haha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:27 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

How cute are you and your bump, DTBK?? I hope these final weeks go smoothly for you-- I don't think you can be too relaxed. Also, that's awesome that both babies are vertex. I've heard that's supposed to make things a lot easier!

designedtobekind wrote:
By 24 weeks I had to keep explaining I was having twins because people were shocked at my due date.

Hah. Yeah, when people ask when I'm due, and I say March, I always get a shocked look. People are generally polite enough to not say anything, but I can see the shock in their eyes....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Dtkb- I can't believe you are so close! Hope the babies continue to behave!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:14 pm 
Semen Strong

Wow DTBK, you look gorgeous! I can't believe you're almost there, and HURRAH for a wonderful Kind Thanksgiving. I am so happy for you and Carl, and the world needs more Kinds!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yay for twin belly pics!

Congrats LB!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

DTBK, you look great! i love your dueling bumps pic!
good luck in the next couple weeks, hopefully those babies continue to behave and you have a relaxing few weeks or so until they are ready to come out!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Vantine wrote:
There are exceptions but when someone tells you that they are offended, you should take note.

That's funny, I thought I said 'no offense meant' and explained myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:20 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

DTBK, you look AMAZING! Not long now - how exciting!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 pm 

oncewerewesties wrote:
I've got a midwife appointment this afternoon, looking forward to it as it will be the first time I've seen my midwife in nine weeks. My last appointment was only five weeks ago, but my midwife was inexplicably absent so I saw a midwifery student instead, which was fine I guess, but as things are getting closer I'm very keen to actually spend some time with my midwife, especially as no one else from her office has rights to attend births at the birthing centre where we'll be going, so there's zero chance they'll be at my birth...

Somewhat disappointingly, my midwife was again inexplicably absent, but at least my next appointment is only two weeks away now. Does make me somewhat concerned that by that point I will be nearly 37 weeks and have only met her three times...

All was well with the baby though, except for being slightly posterior so I'm googling for all and any tips to help him/her spin around [while leaving that head firmly down!]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

refinnej wrote:
Woot! Can't wait to meet the little kindlings :) Are you feeling better now?

I finally got rid of the cold, so I just have the regular pregnancy congestion now, which I can deal with!

Thanks for the ego boost, everyone! I need it right now, when I've reached the point where pretty much nothing fits except dresses and leggings, and it takes me 10 minutes to get my underwear on. :)

Baby boy's heartbeat is still a little funny, but they haven't moved up my induction date, so they must not be that worried about it.

oncewerewesties, I'm glad to hear everything looks good with the baby, but I hope you get to see your midwife again before your delivery!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
You don't think Glaswegians tend to be overweight?!

This is inappropriate. No fat-shaming please.

And let's not make insulting generalizations about places. Unless its Florida, because Florida deserves it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm kidding about Florida obviously!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hey, littlebird, so great! Welcome to beautiful Lydia!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 pm 
Saggy Butt

Whoa, I missed a lot! Congratulations littlebird, Lydia is beautiful! I love her name. Sounds like labor was intense but I'm so happy you had the homebirth you wanted.

LisaPunk and DTBK, you both look great! Such cute bellies.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kelly wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
You don't think Glaswegians tend to be overweight?!

This is inappropriate. No fat-shaming please.

And let's not make insulting generalizations about places. Unless its Florida, because Florida deserves it.

I'm sorry you think my comment was inappropriate. I was not 'fat-shaming' or passing any judgment. I was not trying to insult anyone. It is, however, an unfortunate fact that Glaswegians on average are overweight, it's in the news here (I live in the greater Glasgow area) all the time, I figured it was common knowledge.
http://www.nhsggc.org.uk/content/default.asp?page=s1009_3_7

We also have the lowest live expectancy of the UK http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15368400 and one of the lowest in Europe, which is a shame because (watch me generalise here: ) Glaswegians are so much funnier and friendlier than average.

Anyway, again, I'm sorry, so so sorry, everyone is so upset with me about this, I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I wasn't passing judgment, I wasn't fat-shaming, I was trying to be funny with my original comment and thought I had explained myself in my second comment. I love Glaswegians, my friends are Glaswegians, I live in the country near Glasgow (and lived in Glasgow for years) and go there all the time. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Sorry!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Let's get back on topic and discuss this further in pm please.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

You look amazing dtbk!

So last night I swore I felt the baby moving when I was lying down for bed. Little tiny tapping. Am I just going nuts or is that possible at 11 weeks in a second pregnancy?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:52 pm 
Married to the wolfman

sashi wrote:
You look amazing dtbk!

So last night I swore I felt the baby moving when I was lying down for bed. Little tiny tapping. Am I just going nuts or is that possible at 11 weeks in a second pregnancy?

It's possible! I felt M move way earlier than E and I posted something to this same effect in this thread, like am I nuts or did I really just feel that, and I think the consensus was that you definitely notice/understand what you're feeling earlier the second time around.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm 
Chip Strong

coldandsleepy wrote:
sashi wrote:
You look amazing dtbk!

It's possible! I felt M move way earlier than E and I posted something to this same effect in this thread, like am I nuts or did I really just feel that, and I think the consensus was that you definitely notice/understand what you're feeling earlier the second time around.

The uterine muscle actually changes after your first baby so that there's more sensation the next time around! Pretty cool. It's still possible to feel movement later in subsequent pregnancies, though, if you have an anterior placenta, for example.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Littlebird, congrats! I experienced the same thing with baby charging out so fast no time for head-moulding. Crazy intense.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

just back from another Dr appt. everything is good. no u/s today but they listened to the baby's heartbeat and said it sounded good. they took more blood from me :-( and said my bloodwork from the last visit was all good and they will call me next week about my bloodwork from today.

much to my great relief she told me i can take the prilosec through my whole pregnancy so i went and bought a giant box. hopefully in a day or two the "about to projectile vomit" feeling will go away again.

the funny thing is apparently someone wrote down my weight wrong on my first visit and she had me down as 142 lbs originally which means i would have gained 50 lbs instead of 5 :-p

the only other thing of note (well really only to me) is that both me and my husband think my Dr is pregnant herself. :-/
i felt like being "soooooooo you're gonna have that baby AFTER i have mine RIGHT?!?!?" hhehehe

next time i go in a month i guess is my last u/s. they called it an "anatomical u/s" to look at all the organs and stuff and they said they usually dont do them after that unless there is a special reason.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm 

LisaPunk - you're right behind me. I had my last midwife appointment on Tuesday, and my anatomy scan is scheduled in two more weeks. So long to wait since the ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

hopefully the prilosec works for you. I've been really lucky not having any of that so far. I do have a lot of that "round ligament" pain stuff lately though. Funky twinges/ crampiness, but nothing major.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:32 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ive had a few of the round ligament pains, usually when i sit up or stand up too fast so ive already learned to compensate for that.
nothing too bad though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm 

mooo wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:
sashi wrote:
You look amazing dtbk!

The uterine muscle actually changes after your first baby so that there's more sensation the next time around! Pretty cool. It's still possible to feel movement later in subsequent pregnancies, though, if you have an anterior placenta, for example.

Getting way ahead of myself, but I'm really hoping this is the case for me next time! I had way too many moments of anxiety between the dating ultrasound at 11 weeks and the anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks, was so awesome once those reassuring movements started up a few weeks later!

Sounds like everything's going well, LisaPunk, hope you get relief from the heartburn soon!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:03 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

mooo wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:
sashi wrote:
You look amazing dtbk!

Oh neat. So much stuff is happening so much quicker this time around. And oncewerewesties, I'm definitely less anxious this time around. I will however feel much better after I hear a heartbeat next week :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 310  Next