| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145 ... 1871  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8645
Location: Maryland/DC area
If anyone wants Peanut Chews, I'll brave our crazy Walmart for them.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: the Eug
Playing a waiting game. It is making me very irritated.
So I still don't know what the landlords will do. Turns out they legally have to give 90 days written notice to raise the rent, but they can always so a 30 day no fault evicition. So in the mean time we are trying to determine if we can buy a house.
I just don't have any real answers and can't move forward not knowing which way to go.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 am
Posts: 1038
monkeytoes wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:
Over the weekend, I met a dog called a CHIHUAWEENIE. It is a cross of a Chihuahua and a Dachshund. And basically it was so insanely adorable and I wanted to steal it, but I couldn't because that's not right, but YOU GUYS CHIHUAWEENIE.

I want one. I am thinking about puppies instead of grading. But puppies!

My Nana had one names Cuddles, but we called her a Chihuachshund.


Pics or it didn't happen !

_________________
The night is dark and full of turnips.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:17 am 
Offline
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am
Posts: 2116
Location: Munich, finally!
I am more and more in l*** every day. The L-word is dangerous and frightening but we are going there like a train with no brakes.

_________________
I dunno, I guess I just get enthused over eating big ol' squishy balls. - Interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3658
Location: Nashville, TN
Warning! More roommate complaints ahead.

I'm pretty sure this guy is stomping around upstairs in the morning trying to wake us up on purpose, because he's bitter that we get to sleep later than him. Or just bitter about his life, I don't know. I never hear my husband moving around when he's upstairs, or maybe a very occasional footstep, but roommate makes it sound like an elephant stampede every morning.

Also, dishes are piled up in the kitchen since I've started working part-time, because I'm the only person who does them, sometimes with a little help from my husband. How does roommate help with the mess? He takes leftovers from one container in the fridge, transfers them to a container that he likes better, and tosses the dirty one on the mountain of dishes in the sink. A+ decision-making.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4592
Location: Surrey, UK
creep wrote:
Warning! More roommate complaints ahead.

I'm pretty sure this guy is stomping around upstairs in the morning trying to wake us up on purpose, because he's bitter that we get to sleep later than him. Or just bitter about his life, I don't know. I never hear my husband moving around when he's upstairs, or maybe a very occasional footstep, but roommate makes it sound like an elephant stampede every morning.

Also, dishes are piled up in the kitchen since I've started working part-time, because I'm the only person who does them, sometimes with a little help from my husband. How does roommate help with the mess? He takes leftovers from one container in the fridge, transfers them to a container that he likes better, and tosses the dirty one on the mountain of dishes in the sink. A+ decision-making.

He sounds like a dick.

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3658
Location: Nashville, TN
baps wrote:
He sounds like a dick.


haha, thank you! That's the general consensus with our other friends. Lease is half over at the end of the month! woowaweewah.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 am 
Offline
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1798
creep wrote:
Warning! More roommate complaints ahead.

I'm pretty sure this guy is stomping around upstairs in the morning trying to wake us up on purpose, because he's bitter that we get to sleep later than him. Or just bitter about his life, I don't know. I never hear my husband moving around when he's upstairs, or maybe a very occasional footstep, but roommate makes it sound like an elephant stampede every morning.

Also, dishes are piled up in the kitchen since I've started working part-time, because I'm the only person who does them, sometimes with a little help from my husband. How does roommate help with the mess? He takes leftovers from one container in the fridge, transfers them to a container that he likes better, and tosses the dirty one on the mountain of dishes in the sink. A+ decision-making.

He sounds like an asparagus, and not just based on this post but other things you've said as well. Would having your husband talk to him help since it'd be guy to guy? I hope for your sanity he either changes his attitude and/or moves out soon.

_________________
"I would love to be president of the United States. It's been my dream ever since I discovered what power was." ~ RandiJM, age 11-ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
I think my cat is broken. I hear that most people's cats wake them up in the morning, demanding food, and Zuzu did that for the first month or so that I had her, but now when my alarm goes off, she actually smacks at my iPhone, trying to turn it off, and then cuddles closer to me and goes back to sleep.

What the hell. Do cats have a reset button or something? She's clearly malfunctioning.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3135
Location: BKLN
DarthCupcake wrote:
I think my cat is broken. I hear that most people's cats wake them up in the morning, demanding food, and Zuzu did that for the first month or so that I had her, but now when my alarm goes off, she actually smacks at my iPhone, trying to turn it off, and then cuddles closer to me and goes back to sleep.

What the hell. Do cats have a reset button or something? She's clearly malfunctioning.

in my experience, cats wake you up and make demands when you would like to continue sleeping, and they snuggle with you and act adorable and squishy and make you want to stay in bed with them forever when you have to get up and do something.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:44 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10410
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
DarthCupcake wrote:
I think my cat is broken. I hear that most people's cats wake them up in the morning, demanding food, and Zuzu did that for the first month or so that I had her, but now when my alarm goes off, she actually smacks at my iPhone, trying to turn it off, and then cuddles closer to me and goes back to sleep.

What the hell. Do cats have a reset button or something? She's clearly malfunctioning.

Ha. My cat wakes me up anywhere between 3:45 and 4:25, when I feed her and reluctantly find myself too awake to drift off again. Eventually I manage it around 6, but I almost always wake up too late to properly get ready for work because she is so tired and cuddly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Almost Boston
My mom just decided to dress up and go out shopping "just because". She ventured into the scary closet-where-everything-is-at-least-two-decades-old and emerged wearing a 30 year old tweed jacket with about 2 inches of dust on it, some kind of weird scarf, and 90s heeled boots. At first I thought she was being all mom-dorky, but now I'm thinking maybe she's just ahead of the curve and is a trendsetter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
My mom just decided to dress up and go out shopping "just because". She ventured into the scary closet-where-everything-is-at-least-two-decades-old and emerged wearing a 30 year old tweed jacket with about 2 inches of dust on it, some kind of weird scarf, and 90s heeled boots. At first I thought she was being all mom-dorky, but now I'm thinking maybe she's just ahead of the curve and is a trendsetter.

I would wear the hell out of this outfit.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3238
Location: Almost Boston
It was pretty amazing. She had 90s earrings on too. I did make her brush the dust off of the jacket before she went out, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2443
Anek wrote:
I am more and more in l*** every day. The L-word is dangerous and frightening but we are going there like a train with no brakes.


I'm glad to hear that, seems like things changed a lot for the better for you during this year :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:27 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12251
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
Do I stay in bed and feel lousy, or leave the house and go spend money I shouldn't on some body lotion.

(I'm working three extra days next two weeks, which will be an extra $250 after gas and deductions, so money thing isn't dire; I can splurge a little, but if I do it now, I can't later)

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:51 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2443
lavawitch wrote:
Do I stay in bed and feel lousy, or leave the house and go spend money I shouldn't on some body lotion.


I would buy some Chanel No.5 (iirc you're out of it)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:55 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3135
Location: BKLN
why did i agree to edit two thousand-page books about the biology of ticks? i'm eight pages into the first chapter of the first volume, and i'm already cringing and scrinching up my nose at the ickiness. i'm really looking forward to the chapter on mouthparts OH WAIT NO I AM NOT.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: santa cruz!
Anek wrote:
I am more and more in l*** every day. The L-word is dangerous and frightening but we are going there like a train with no brakes.


wheeeeeeee!
have fun! :)

_________________
Vegan Eats & Treats


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12251
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
I'd need at least $80 for a new bottle of that. Not in the budget right now. I'm rationing my sample vials in the meantime. My aunt said she is sending me some a few months ago, but she hasn't mailed it yet. With the death in the family, and family drama, I'm not about to ask about the package. But, if I use creative accounting and buy a bottle, I bet hers will arrive.

Such awful problems, huh?

Maybe I need to bump up my Lexapro dose; I've been increasingly depressed lately, and it's starting to get into "weepy for no reason" territory. I had to cancel my dr appointment to work the extra days though. I want to be the go to sub around the building, so for now I'm trying to take anything offered, even if inconvenient.

I should go out. Maybe just for a latte before GED. I love my GED students; they always make me laugh.

We have a 60yr old African American man who is a laborer who does everything. Brilliant guy, just no formal education. He reminds me of my dad in a lot of ways, including how he never lets me drive out of the parking lot last at night. He also yelled at me for not parking under one of the street lights. A 30 your old nurses aid, a teen mother who was orignally from Guatemala, and a 19 year old fundie Christian home schooler. Nobody has much of anything in common, but they are all great, hard working, amazing people who get along so well together and help ech other learn. I am constantly amazed at how cohesive this group is. Maybe it's shared hatred of fractions.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12251
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
acr wrote:
why did i agree to edit two thousand-page books about the biology of ticks? i'm eight pages into the first chapter of the first volume, and i'm already cringing and scrinching up my nose at the ickiness. i'm really looking forward to the chapter on mouthparts OH WAIT NO I AM NOT.


Think of all the scintillating cocktail party discussion topics you'll end up with!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
Anek wrote:
I am more and more in l*** every day. The L-word is dangerous and frightening but we are going there like a train with no brakes.


Aw yay! I totally feel you on both counts. It's so scary, but exciting, but scary!

lavawitch wrote:
We have a 60yr old African American man who is a laborer who does everything. Brilliant guy, just no formal education. He reminds me of my dad in a lot of ways, including how he never lets me drive out of the parking lot last at night. He also yelled at me for not parking under one of the street lights. A 30 your old nurses aid, a teen mother who was orignally from Guatemala, and a 19 year old fundie Christian home schooler. Nobody has much of anything in common, but they are all great, hard working, amazing people who get along so well together and help ech other learn. I am constantly amazed at how cohesive this group is. Maybe it's shared hatred of fractions.


That sounds like such fun! I love when you get classes like that. It's that kind of thing that keeps a person going!

I'm really proud of my students. We've been doing some REALLY HARD reading (Kant and Bentham) and I gave them a rather difficult essay topic on it to boot, and the essay was due today. Essays were turned in, no complaining, no wheedling for extensions... They worked so hard. I'm so proud of them!

At the beginning of fifth period, a box containing a file cabinet drawer fell on my head. I've been bleeding a little bit from my scalp under my hair ever since and my head huuuurrrrrttttssss. But I only had to teach two classes, and now everyone has gone because it's a half day and I have meetings for the afternoon, so I can't justify going home. Besides, there's a rally/action to support finally giving the union a contract this afternoon, and I want to be there for that so I don't want to leave.

But I also have students in my classroom right now doing work, so I can't go to the bathroom to wash the blood crusties out of my hair, which is grossing me out and making me sad.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:28 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3135
Location: BKLN
lavawitch wrote:
acr wrote:
why did i agree to edit two thousand-page books about the biology of ticks? i'm eight pages into the first chapter of the first volume, and i'm already cringing and scrinching up my nose at the ickiness. i'm really looking forward to the chapter on mouthparts OH WAIT NO I AM NOT.


Think of all the scintillating cocktail party discussion topics you'll end up with!

between this and my in-depth knowledge of the mating ritual of the african fig wasp, i'm sure to be the highlight of the evening. chat me up, fellas. lean in close so i can tell you everything i know about telescopic genitalia and barbed hypostomes. what do you mean it's getting late? you have to stay long enough for me to tell you how scabies construct molting pouches.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:47 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7936
Location: Seattle
acr wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
acr wrote:
why did i agree to edit two thousand-page books about the biology of ticks? i'm eight pages into the first chapter of the first volume, and i'm already cringing and scrinching up my nose at the ickiness. i'm really looking forward to the chapter on mouthparts OH WAIT NO I AM NOT.


Think of all the scintillating cocktail party discussion topics you'll end up with!

between this and my in-depth knowledge of the mating ritual of the african fig wasp, i'm sure to be the highlight of the evening. chat me up, fellas. lean in close so i can tell you everything i know about telescopic genitalia and barbed hypostomes. what do you mean it's getting late? you have to stay long enough for me to tell you how scabies construct molting pouches.

That kind of made me want to cry. I don't want to hear anything about molting pouches ever again.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3658
Location: Nashville, TN
gaia13 wrote:
creep wrote:
Warning! More roommate complaints ahead.

I'm pretty sure this guy is stomping around upstairs in the morning trying to wake us up on purpose, because he's bitter that we get to sleep later than him. Or just bitter about his life, I don't know. I never hear my husband moving around when he's upstairs, or maybe a very occasional footstep, but roommate makes it sound like an elephant stampede every morning.

Also, dishes are piled up in the kitchen since I've started working part-time, because I'm the only person who does them, sometimes with a little help from my husband. How does roommate help with the mess? He takes leftovers from one container in the fridge, transfers them to a container that he likes better, and tosses the dirty one on the mountain of dishes in the sink. A+ decision-making.

He sounds like an asparagus, and not just based on this post but other things you've said as well. Would having your husband talk to him help since it'd be guy to guy? I hope for your sanity he either changes his attitude and/or moves out soon.


He doesn't seem very receptive to anything either of us ask of him. Like, a lot of people would argue, but he just kind of acknowledges what we're saying but never changes his behavior. Anyway, we can't afford this place without him, so we'll be leaving when the lease is up. Complaining here and having people tell me I'm not insane keeps the crazies away, for now. THX GUYZ


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145 ... 1871  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], lepelaar and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer