| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 245  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:15 pm 
Dead by dawn

ScooterDiva wrote:
How was it, kg?

Saw my guy thurs and sat - sat we saw the bond film and then went to a party at one of his friend's. I was honored that he wanted to introduce me to them. I really <3 him a lot and am trying my best to play it cool - it's very difficult.

He need a super secret PPK code name, SD.

fezza wrote:
I have lost all ability to play it cool, I'm completely lost in this. Not because I'm being swept off my feet, but because I've met possibly the most decent, soulful, kind, lovely man I've ever met. And, so far, he feels the same way. It's overwhelming, but yet I am not waiting for the bubble to burst this time, which is kinda freaking me out at times. Whatever happens, I'm enjoying every minute of this, it's not like anything I've ever experienced before.

Squee! I hope this guy appreciates what he's got. And knows what he's getting into. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:48 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Ooooh Fezza and SD!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:01 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Cute guy I'm still crushing on was IMing me last night. I think I'm going to have to turn the flirt up a bit. I keep wimping out. What a ritual this is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ScooterDiva wrote:
How was it, kg?

Pretty excellent. I think I am a little bit smitten.

Fezza: eeeeeeeeee! That is all.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

monkeytoes wrote:
Squee! I hope this guy appreciates what he's got. And knows what he's getting into. ;)

He really seems to have a good grip of both :D

We've been talking for 4 weeks and dating for just over two (counting our first meet as a date) and we've both commented on how the pull just gets stronger each time we see each other, it's pretty awesome.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee kilgore trout! Good luck, keep us up to date! <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Yay for all the positive developments!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 am 
Nailed to the V

agreed!! can i just live vicariously through all your amazing dating experiences? mmm k? thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:12 pm 

Yay fezza!! And KT! and GCZ! What exciting fun!

Sorry, MT, I don't have a nickname for my guy. I figure the PPK can come up with one. He agreed to go to my work's Xmas party, so I'm excited for that. Things are well! No big talks yet, just having fun and trying not to take things too seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 am 
Tofu Pup

Sometimes I think that maybe I should like, try to date.... but I have all these excuses not to.
Like washing the dishes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Are you folks meeting all these people on online dating sites? I've been single for about six months now, and I tried OK Cupid, and I don't know. It wasn't for me. Hopefully I'll meet some people through my new job that I'm starting today.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 am 

JonnyWoop wrote:
Are you folks meeting all these people on online dating sites? I've been single for about six months now, and I tried OK Cupid, and I don't know. It wasn't for me. Hopefully I'll meet some people through my new job that I'm starting today.

Yup, it's the only way I've met people. When I go out with mah ladybishes we're very much out together, we're not unfriendly but possibly a bit intimidating for single men to approach easily. I'm also in my early 40s, when I think it's harder to know if people are in serious relationships than it was in my late teens early 20s. I also find the general sanity level has reduced in a lot of people by this time in life, too many people holding onto baggage. My suitable dating pool is extremely small.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

fezza wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:

Yup, it's the only way I've met people. When I go out with mah ladybishes we're very much out together, we're not unfriendly but possibly a bit intimidating for single men to approach easily. I'm also in my early 40s, when I think it's harder to know if people are in serious relationships than it was in my late teens early 20s. I also find the general sanity level has reduced in a lot of people by this time in life, too many people holding onto baggage. My suitable dating pool is extremely small.

That makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Have had pretty much no luck with OkCupid recently and it's totally bumming me out. I did, however, try out the old 'give someone my number' and that worked. Test run, no dice, not interesting after all. (day after, he posted on FB something that really turned me off-completely unrelated to our 'date'-and kept me from responding to his (other) facebook post on my wall, which I'm just now remembering and feeling guilty over)

But perhaps next time! And there was a guy at this same meet up I met this person at who I talked to for thirty seconds at the end but he gave me slight butterflies. I shall have to go back and see if I can run into him again. Wish my life weren't so hectic!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

JonnyWoop wrote:

Yep, my new partners come from OKC and I've met a lot of nice people overall there even if it didn't develop. I like that I can screen the crazys out before meeting them, to reduce risks. Also, I can do it from the couch and not need to dress up and go to a bar, which would end up in meeting people who like to go out in bars, which I don't, so it would mean meeting people I have not so much in common anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:50 am 

I like that you can save time by spotting negatives/positives in people's profiles & emails. I'd hate to spend an evening/several dates with someone I'd met in real life only to find out they're misogynistic/racist/bigoted/a Jim Davidson fan.

In his first email to me veggie photographer linked to his Flickr page, I was immediately interested by the lovely quality of his work. His emails showed an all round intelligence, academic/humour/emotional, which drew me in more and does seem very much present in our real life interactions now.

I've went on dates with guys, who if I'd seen in a bar, wouldn't have thought they'd been interested in me and know some of my dates would have thought the same. Online has the potential to bring a lot of crazy, but also adds elements there that meeting people in bars doesn't have. It's been an interesting year for me and I've enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:06 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

fezza wrote:
I like that you can save time by spotting negatives/positives in people's profiles & emails. I'd hate to spend an evening/several dates with someone I'd met in real life only to find out they're misogynistic/racist/bigoted/a Jim Davidson fan.

In his first email to me veggie photographer linked to his Flickr page, I was immediately interested by the lovely quality of his work. His emails showed an all round intelligence, academic/humour/emotional, which drew me in more and does seem very much present in our real life interactions now.

I've went on dates with guys, who if I'd seen in a bar, wouldn't have thought they'd been interested in me and know some of my dates would have thought the same. Online has the potential to bring a lot of crazy, but also adds elements there that meeting people in bars doesn't have. It's been an interesting year for me and I've enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life.

That's very true, it's what I like about OKC too, that I can see immediately if someone has a viewpoint that I know is going to be a huge sticking point for me. When I do go on dates, I sometimes go on dates with people i never thought I would have otherwise, but they're usually interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 pm 

I dated a bunch of guys from OKC the past 2 months, but the guy I'm currently with I met at a brewery. I was sitting at the bar, enjoying a beer by myself, and he came up and started chatting with me. I lied and told him that I was waiting on a friend who canceled last minute, but the truth is I was there alone. I just didn't want him to think I was a barfly - I was truly there enjoying a beer on my own. Now that I know him, I know he wouldn't care, and I'll tell him the truth...someday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 pm 
Dead by dawn

I met my boyfriend of 17 months on match.com. I really didn't know if online dating would be the solution for me, but I wasn't meeting men at work, there were no single age-appropriate men on my team, and I didn't really know what else to try (I met my last boyfriend at the beach when he approached me and my Little Sister and asked me how old I was... that wasn't likely to happen again!) I think finding someone to love is a numbers game... the more people you're exposed to, the more likely you are to meet someone great for you, and online dating just improved the numbers for me. That, and I liked having a good glimpse into what someone was like from their profile and emails. Biker boy and I just wouldn't have met any other way even though our paths had crossed in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 pm 

This is ridiculous, I have happy bubbles in my belleh every time I think of this man. As far as we're both concerned, this seems to be the start of something long term. We've both had long term relationships before but neither of us has felt the level of compatibility that's here, there is so much affection, respect, friendship and desire at the base of this thing. I feel, for the first time in my life, I'm experiencing how a relationship feels when it's just right for both people involved.

It's been an interesting year, with faaaaar too much drama and I wish I hadn't let people make me feel I must be doing something to attract/create those situations. The friendships I have forged and the lovely dates I have had, were proof that I was just unfortunate to meet a certain personality type more than once.

I don't know if this is my happy every after, but it feels like it's certainly going to be my happy for the foreseeable future.

He deleted his dating site profile, completely :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:04 pm 

Yay Fezza!! <3

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Whoo!

A certain personality type is probably more attracted to online dating and thus over represented.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 pm 

Thanks guys! <3

lavawitch wrote:
Whoo!

A certain personality type is probably more attracted to online dating and thus over represented.

Yes, I've heard there are plenty with the same type on both sides. From my RL friends POV, my worst sin was being too tolerant of certain behaviours. I do tend to hold on to wait and see if behaviours are one offs or repeated behaviours, which unfortunately gives some more time to act the eejit around me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm 
Dead by dawn

fezza wrote:
He deleted his dating site profile, completely :D

Oh man, that was like the most exciting thing ever. So happy for you fezza, you deserve all the awesomez.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm 
Nailed to the V

^^^ yes x1000

in ME news, i went on a date with a cute vegan boy today (i hope he doesn't stalk this forum)! not sure if there's anything romantic there yet. i'm trying to be extra cautious this time around, but i feel like i've learned a lot in the last year just from all the personal things i've been through, so i'm optimistic about making some good decisions this time. i've also learned a whole lot from all the great people posting in this thread. i'm so happy to hear about all your successes and hope things keep going well for y'all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

in messaging exchanges with a really hot guy who's really into super queery/genderwhosiewhatsieness and is vegetarian and a tattoo artist and a massage therapist. Really trying not to get my hopes too up. Oh and claims to have a high sex drive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 245  Next