| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 1901  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

It probably wasn't the smartest thing to make a bundt cake when I'm studying for my licensing exam and am basically not leaving the house for the next 5 days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That sounds like a time to make mandatory Bundt cake. And brownies.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:07 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My goodness grief. I'm rightly emotional this morning. The slightest thing is making me cry. Tears of relief... not sadness. Then I go watch Grey's Anatomy. SNOTFEST!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:00 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

daisychain wrote:
My goodness grief. I'm rightly emotional this morning. The slightest thing is making me cry. Tears of relief... not sadness. Then I go watch Grey's Anatomy. SNOTFEST!

Oh Lard no, not Grey's! Step away from the teevee daisychain, put the remote down and step away slowly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 am 
Impressive boner

I bought 6m of what I thought was plain cotton fabric earlier this week. Mr8 put it in the washing machine for me and after I dried it it turns out to be stretch cotton. I have my doubts about them refunding me because it's from a market stall and has been washed, even though they sold me the wrong item in the first place. I don't have another £42 to get genuine 100% cotton fabric at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Some days I'm just so deeply in love with my body. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful things it enables me to do. I love it how strong I am, how great my endurance is, how much pain I can take etc. Today is one of those days, and I haven't even had my derby practice yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:57 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My predecessor at work seems to have password-protected lots of documents that I want to edit. I can access them all right, and make changes, but I can't change the layout of the thing or put images where I need to (I'm updating a catalogue of works of art so pickchers are quite important). Why would anyone be such a silly sausage? I've met her a few times, but it seems she was both overqualified and unable to work with others very well or do what she was told. I think she's a teacher now...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
It probably wasn't the smartest thing to make a bundt cake when I'm studying for my licensing exam and am basically not leaving the house for the next 5 days.

Oooh, you have my sympathies. I've totally done that to myself before. In a panic about Sandy, I made fresh bread, muffins and chocolate chip cookies on sunday and then spent monday housebound.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

My head still hurts from yesterday's conking. I just don't want to be at work today, and today is a super long day because I have this ridiculous meeting I have to go to after school.

I borrow my boyfriend's car on meeting days (because I have to get there so immediately after work and it's so far away, and then runs late and is so very far from public transit that it is safest/easiest for me to just drive) and I feel like the worst person ever when I do. I LIKE taking public transit to work, and I'd like to be able to bike if there was a bike lane on the Bay Bridge but there isn't, but GODDAMN is driving faster/easier (and not in danger of getting mugged). If I leave my apartment at 6:35 AM when taking public transit, I get to work at 7:30 or just after. If I use his car, I leave at 7:05 so that I can drop him by the train station, get kisses, and then get to work at 7:25. That's just such a nicer morning scenario. And then I feel guilty for liking driving better. Not that I'll be able to afford a car EVER if I don't change jobs, so it's not going to change or anything, but MY GOD. I hate driving for everything else, but when it comes to going to and from work, public transit is pretty shitty for me.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 pm 
Impressive boner

Paloma wrote:
Some days I'm just so deeply in love with my body. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful things it enables me to do. I love it how strong I am, how great my endurance is, how much pain I can take etc. Today is one of those days, and I haven't even had my derby practice yet.

Hurrah for body love! I feel like this when I lift and box. (I will admit, however, that my propensity towards delayed-onset muscle soreness isn't my favourite thing about my body.)

They exchanged the fabric! I can sew! Yay!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:22 pm 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

I'm back after 6 months, wooo.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:26 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Yea, andi_vert! Welcome back!

The line for Pret a Manger was longer than the line for Margiela for H&M. I don't know why this surprised me, but it did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Flaky date is coming for dinner. Food is ready to start, and he's already late. I'm hungry! Get your asparagus over here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ndpittman wrote:
Yea, andi_vert! Welcome back!

The line for Pret a Manger was longer than the line for Margiela for H&M. I don't know why this surprised me, but it did.

Margiela is no Versace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Apparently not, LW. Actually there was no line at all and loads of stuff left. The majority was all wool and leather though. I thought about getting a bracelet, but couldn't justify the cost/buying more stuff for how ambivalent I felt about it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Well, I had my orientation for my new job today. Mostly it was pretty boring. We watched safety videos and stuff. Then the guy running the presentation gave a virulently anti-union speech. It was pure intimidation. He said, among other things, that the company would fight workers organizing to "the fullest extent of the law." Then he said all this bullshiitake about how management and labor was all in this together and workers didn't need representation. Ugh. I wanted to start quoting statistics about how much better union workers are paid then jump up on the table and chant "UNION BUSTING IS DISGUSTING." But I didn't. And I still have a job. What a wuss I am.

I should hear sometime in the next 24 hours when I start for real, not just orientation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I just had the best-ever tutoring session at job #2. I'm a writing tutor and this time of the semester a huge number of kids come in just to get their papers stamped (to prove they were here) and don't want to actually work. This student read her paper aloud without complaining, made her own corrections as she went, crossed things out, asked me for help with really specific things, and was also really nice. Win.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I have an exam in an hour. The whole (3 person) family have colds so the sleep has not been good, and my kid cried the whole way from home to daycare today. I want to cry and eat muffins, not do maths!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:48 am 
Impressive boner

Good luck with your exam amonik.

The spammers have been out in droves today!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 am 

Managed to drag myself out of bed, get ready to go to my hill running workout got on my bike and my knee twinged. I had to cut my wednesday workout short because said knee was twinging and I didn't want to hurt it so now I can't do my hill running workout either! :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Today I'm wearing jeans at work. I think it only happened once before in my 6.5 years with this company, and it was on a bridge day when nobody was around. I just decided that fork, I'll be sitting at my desk making a powerpoint presentation and calling people the whole day, no meetings other than lunch, it's friday, I don't care.
Also, I'm almost in holiday mood. Two weeks to go!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:43 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Why are pedestrians so forking stupid here?! People are killed on this road, and they have never charged a driver. At least once a month, I almost hit someone.

Scenario:

Busy, 4 lane road, 45 mph moving smoothly at 5-6am.
Dark!
Sidewalks on right side of road everywhere. Some sidewalks on left. Where there are no sidewalks, there is a grass strip, then empty service road and plaza parking lot. These are empty at 6am.
Traffic lights and cross walks every block.
Bus stops every block.

Yet, people ROUTINELY run across all 4 lanes of traffic while wearing dark clothing, usually a black hoodie, black puffy coat, or dark sweat shirt.

I don't understand. I have mobility issues, but I'm going to walk the short extra whatever to cross safely and not run across 4 lanes of busy traffic in the dark.

I've seen police ticket people for this in the mornings. It's a problem.

It really scares the hell out of me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I had such a lovely evening yesterday. It was my first vegan potluck. It was unreal being able to eat EVERYTHING that was there and not be worrying and questioning what was in food. Then the people are just absolutely lovely. I'm always in such good mood after being around them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 am 

Yay Daisychain! It's always so nice to be around other vegans and know you can eat everything (unless allergies/etc).

I've managed to accidentally freeze excel and I hadn't saved recently enough, which means I may need to repeat some of my work. Annoyed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am 
Ninja Master

Today my boss told me that if I was an animal I'd be a pig. Because we were talking about how often we wash clothes. I told her I wear my jeans for a couple of weeks between washes and she was a little appalled. I'm still ok with that. She only wears things once before washing. This is only my rule for socks and knickers. Everything else if it is stain free and smells ok is fair game to be worn again!

In other news, her outfit today makes her look a bit like santa: red trousers and boots with a fleecey trim. She was unamused by this observation.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 1901  Next