| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite Mac and Cheeze?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tenacious LD wrote:
I have started a new Pinterest board for all these different Mac and cheezes. (I finally caved because of the PPK's 100 favorites list, and am so glad I did). Thanks for the recipes! I've tried two of the ones mentioned, and was also wondering if anyone had tried Alicia's from "Vegan Comfort Food". I'm not sure if my food processor can handle macadamias, but it looks good, too.

that reminds me, there's a blog about vegan mac & cheese but it hasn't been updated in almost a year.

http://thenoochynoodle.wordpress.com/

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The one from Vegan Diner is smokey and delicious! I like all the macs though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

http://pinterest.com/tenaciousld/viva-v ... nd-cheeze/

Here is what I've got so far. There's one store bought, lots of cashew based with assorted veggies, a few with Daiya or Tofutti, and one with white beans and instant mashed potatoes. There is a lot of variety out there!

I made Isa's Mac and shews last night and had some leftovers today with a burger. It reheated really well- awesome comfort food lunch!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:19 pm 
Hip Goiter

^ That one's not the VegNews recipe, it has 1/2c of nooch and 2 separate sauce components! But it looks like those people were definitely inspired by it. Here's the vegnews: http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?catId=10&pageId=40

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

New Farm is my favorite. I like the taste and texture and I always have the necessary ingredients already in my kitchen. I leave out the oil and add miso and tahini. I put caramelized onions on top and sometimes add chunks of boiled chopped potatoes.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I am going to be creepily immodest and say mine, because seriously: it's the best vegan mac & cheese I've ever tasted, and everyone I've served it to agrees. Trust me.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com/2010/03/classic-baked-macaroni-cheese.html

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

bunniee wrote:
Tenacious LD wrote:
I have started a new Pinterest board for all these different Mac and cheezes. (I finally caved because of the PPK's 100 favorites list, and am so glad I did). Thanks for the recipes! I've tried two of the ones mentioned, and was also wondering if anyone had tried Alicia's from "Vegan Comfort Food". I'm not sure if my food processor can handle macadamias, but it looks good, too.

that reminds me, there's a blog about vegan mac & cheese but it hasn't been updated in almost a year.

http://thenoochynoodle.wordpress.com/

I've been meaning to resurrect that... but nah.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:44 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

It's not supposed to be mac and cheese, but the butternut alfredo from the PPK blog is very mac and cheese to me (and extremely delicious).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The Vegan Table recipe is the only one I make anymore, it's my hands-down favourite. I used to make the New Farm one a fair bit, but it makes me feel pretty sick now. Alicia's recipe from Vegan Comfort Food is good too (I think it's pretty similar to the VegNews one). But nothing beats the Vegan Table one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am 
Level 7 Vegan

VegNews mac and cheese is my favorite food in the entire world. It's so good!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:37 am 
Chard Martyr

katiejayne wrote:
New Farm is my favorite. I like the taste and texture and I always have the necessary ingredients already in my kitchen. I leave out the oil and add miso and tahini. I put caramelized onions on top and sometimes add chunks of boiled chopped potatoes.

fork yeah. I do use most of the oil though. But I added miso and tahini too. Twinsies! I really dislike the use of vegan cheese in mac and cheese. Nooch forever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:39 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I love VeganYumYum's mac and cheese recipes, both the one in the cookbook and the VegNews-inspired one on her blog.
Also the beefy cheesy mac in Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster appetites, if it counts?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

almiratanner wrote:
It's not supposed to be mac and cheese, but the butternut alfredo from the PPK blog is very mac and cheese to me (and extremely delicious).

I agree, it has a regular rota in our house. I absolutely loved it !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:44 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

i'm a cheater. my favorite is a box of amy's. once i found a frozen mac that tasted similar to stouffer's (which was my favorite thing when i was little), there was no competition. i like to add hot sauce and cilantro.

i used to make the new farm recipe a lot and once i gave some to an omni and she started gagging, so i thought...maybe this isn't as good as i thought. so after that i've been doing the vegan table recipe, which is amazing and doesn't make people gag.

i really need to try vegnews and sunflower mac though!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:05 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I like to pour the Unprocessed Cheez Sauce from the Uncheese Cookbook over macaroni- it uses carrot, potato, and onion blended up also, but it does have nooch.

I also really liked the Mac and Shews, pretty much any sauce with cashews I've ever tried has been good honestly.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Tenacious LD wrote:
http://pinterest.com/tenaciousld/viva-vegan-mac-and-cheeze/

Here is what I've got so far. There's one store bought, lots of cashew based with assorted veggies, a few with Daiya or Tofutti, and one with white beans and instant mashed potatoes. There is a lot of variety out there!

This is awesome! Thanks! I'm enjoying just browsing through it.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 pm 
WELFARIST!

I made the Vegan Table one and thought it was outstanding. I baked mine and sprinkled some herbed and EB'd bread crumbs on top. I'm not sure if I like VT or VegNews best, at this point, maybe it's a tie, but I need a side by side taste test. Also, I only make mac&cheese once or twice a year and I made the VegNews one as part of my last NY feast. The VT one tastes like it's made with a specialty cheese like Gruyere. I think it's super good and a mac&cheese I think even omnis would love.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mac Daddy is one of my family's all time favorites! We use more flour, miso instead of mustard, and do a bread crumb topping. It's weird when I first went vegan I didn't care for vegan mac and cheese at all but as time went on it became my most favorite food. It's probably directly proportional to my ever growing love of nooch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm planning on using a batch of the melty cheddar sauce from AVC (currently in its first 24 hours of culturing) for a baked mac this week. Will report back! I also have a real soft spot for the new farm recipe and pureed-tofu based sauces...and anything with miso.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I love all things mac and cheesy, but this one is my favorite: http://veganyumyum.com/2007/10/mac-and- ... eze-yeast/