| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

baps wrote:

In other news, her outfit today makes her look a bit like santa: red trousers and boots with a fleecey trim. She was unamused by this observation.

bhaha!

I'm trying to get into the habit of wearing stuff more before washing. With jeans, I like how they fit right after washing the best, sort of stiff and tighter.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:21 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I like to wear my jeans for a bit between washings because I have rather, uh, hefty legs, so my jeans can be uncomfortably snug on the legs (but not the waist) right after washing, so I like it when they've stretched a little.

Shirts, skivvies, socks... Those I only wear once. But jeans definitely get many wears out of them. And then it depends on what I did. I ended up sitting by a fire recently in a pair of freshly washed jeans, but then they reeked of smoke, so I won't wear them again before washing.

It is the day before my week vacation! And sure, it's parentpocalypse (my mom is coming to stay with me for four days in my teeny studio apartment, PLUS I am meeting my boyfriend's parents, PLUS I am having Thanksgiving with his parents), and I have a pile of grading and planning work to do that is roughly two feet high (I shiitake you not), but I don't care. It's vacation. It's a week away from my job that is burning me out so badly. I am so ready for this. SO READY.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

So, I'm curious. Where do other people put clothes that they have worn already, aren't currently wearing, and are going to wear again before they get washed? I usually just...drop them on the floor...and then pick them up and sniff them when I'm ready to see if they can be worn again. Great system, I know! So I'm curious if anyone has a more "adult" way of doing this ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

choirqueer wrote:
So, I'm curious. Where do other people put clothes that they have worn already, aren't currently wearing, and are going to wear again before they get washed? I usually just...drop them on the floor...and then pick them up and sniff them when I'm ready to see if they can be worn again. Great system, I know! So I'm curious if anyone has a more "adult" way of doing this ;-)

i have two laundry hampers, one for clothes that actually need to be washed and one for the jeans and shirts I'm going to wear again. although, to be honest, a lot of times that stuff just endsu p on the floor or thrown on top of my dresser. If I've just cleaned up, I'll fold them and put them back in the drawer, but for some reason I feel weird putting worn clothes back in the drawer even if they aren't dirty.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:31 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have a chair next to my bed that is basically a repository for clothes that's been worn but can be worn again. It also ends up on the side of the bed where I don't sleep. (Unless my bf is in town.)

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lepelaar wrote:
I have a chair next to my bed that is basically a repository for clothes that's been worn but can be worn again. It also ends up on the side of the bed where I don't sleep. (Unless my bf is in town.)

I have a standing fan that serves a similar purpose, in the winter when I'm not using it anyway. I just hang clothes off of there that I'm too lazy to hang back up in the closet. Especially work slacks, and socks in the wintertime cause I'll wear those more than once if I haven't gotten sweaty.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:38 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yep, I also have a chair that holds wearable but not fresh-from-laundry clean.

I often wear nice, ironed shirts to work with a long sleeved tee under them. I wash the tee, but can wear the shirt twice if I hang it up when I get home. Same with sweaters that I layer. Anything that is a top layer usually gets worn more than once.

Jeans I wash when they need it. Isn't that what underwear is for?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I put clothes I've worn once but am going to wear again back in the wardrobe or drawer (in theory. In practice I'm so clumsy that I generally manage to spill stuff over myself at least once a day, so most of my clothes go straight in the wash).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 am 

Yeah, I think 99% of the time I don't get through the day without spilling stuff on myself. You guys are classy. I wash everything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am 
Discovered unobtainium

When my daily consumption while wearing nice clothes consists of a latte in a closed container and a Lra bar, it's not hard to stay clean.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 pm 
Ninja Master

Mine go on a chair* too.

My other point about the jeans, aside from the fact that if they're not dirty they don't need washing is that when jeans have just been washed they're hideous. So stiff and they need to be worn back in for a day at least.

My boss washes everything after one wash but at the moment is trying to do less washing so is wearing a top that she also wore yesterday. It's clean, doesn't smell but she apparently feels 'like a tramp'.

(*= the floor.)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:11 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I hate the look of clothes strewn about so I always hang them back up/fold them again and put them away. But I give them the 'ol sniff test first.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 pm 
Dead by dawn

Jeans, work pants and tops that have been worn over other tops are the only things I re-wear (and tops usually go in the laundry even if they were worn with a tshirt.) Basically I always have clean folded laundry on top of my dresser and worn-but-still-clean jeans and pants draped over the footboard of my bed, draped over a blanket rack in the corner of my room, draped over the clean folded laundry and/or tossed on the bed in the guest room. Everywhere but the floor (my ex threw all his clothes on the floor all the time to the point where you had to walk on them to get to the bed... I'm by no means a neat freak but anything other than dog toys on the floor irks the shiitake outta me.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I bike to work and usually sweat too much to wear work clothes while biking, so I'm usually carrying my work clothes in my pannier that I bring in to my apartment with me. So where I put my pannier down, there's a spot on the floor that usually ends up being where my work clothes go and if I sometimes have to pull clothes from there. Otherwise, I'll refold shirts after the sniff test and shove them in my closet. Shirts usually get 1-2 wearings between washes and I wash my pants depending on how long I feel like it's been between washes and how dirty they are. I just noticed my regular go-to jeans have bike grease smeared into the bottom and I'm hoping I can sort of get that out in the wash next time.

So, half the time my clothes are in my closet, many times I have random articles of clothing strewn around my bedroom and an organized pile in my living room where I leave my bags from work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I rewear just about anything...I utilize the floor as an organizational system, frequently for first time clean items, too...my boyfriend is trying to teach me to be more organized/tidy about my clothes, but so far...not so much.

My mom only wears things once, too, and thinks it is weird how often I re-wear. I figure it saves money, water, and time...and I don't smell bad, so I figure it is fine. I sit at a desk or in court almost all day and alternate between court clothes and causal stuff so I generally only wear things for a few hours at a time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 pm 

baps wrote:
Mine go on a chair* too.

My other point about the jeans, aside from the fact that if they're not dirty they don't need washing is that when jeans have just been washed they're hideous. So stiff and they need to be worn back in for a day at least.

My boss washes everything after one wash but at the moment is trying to do less washing so is wearing a top that she also wore yesterday. It's clean, doesn't smell but she apparently feels 'like a tramp'.

(*= the floor.)

Tht's funny. I almost never wash any clothes besides underwear (and t-shirts in the summer) after one wash, but I don't wear shirts two days in a row, especially if I have to see people that I just saw. Since I'm unemployed though, I change into my elastic waist cargo pants at about 1pm and then just change back into my pjs later. I live a class life.
In the winter, sometimes I don't change my socks for a few days because I wear them to bed and leave them on when I get dressed the next morning.
We only do laundry every 2 weeks when we've run out of underwear, but I only have about 2 pairs of jeans that I actually like, so...yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:33 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Hah, on the days I don't work, I never get out of pajama pants.

The second I get home, I put them on.

Those get washed constantly, but everything else is "as needed."

Except sheets: I have to have fresh sheets. Very unenvironmental of me, but I change bed linens near daily. Less since now my mom has to help since its hard because of my back issues.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am steadfastly refusing to get dressed today.

I will sew and do so in my tank top and sweats and I will not feel guilty about it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:21 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I wear jeans, hoodies and cardigans more than once. Usually I have them draped over the chair in my room, but if I'm feeling extra fancy I might actually fold them up on the chair. Neat-freak, I know.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I've been wearing the same Hello Kitty sweat pants pretty much constantly for a month & a half. Working from home is the best.

I don't wash my skirts, skate shorts or jeans unless I spill something super gross on them or get covered in mud....so, once a year maaaaybe. I happily wear the same t for 3 or 4 days unless I go to a super sweaty gig/club, I don't even care if I'm seeing the same people!

I have a suitcase in the corner of my room that wont fit in my cupboards and I throw my to be worn again clothes over it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

In theory, if I have worn something but it has passed the sniff or stain-free test then it is hung to the right side of my wardrobe so it stays wrinkle-free for the next wear. In reality...... it gets dumped in a ball on top of the set of drawers that I have and it will eventually get crushed under a weight of clothes. Also used is the bathroom floor. I also keep my dirty clothes on the bathroom floor. Thanks to having a dog that sheds a lot and through muddy paws at me I rarely get a second wear of clothes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Can you send your dog to wear out my last period class? Cuz those kids act like 3 your olds hyped up on Kool-Aid and pixi Styx, with a Red Bull chaser. I wish I could ban energy drinks without also banning water.

It only took me 2 hrs to get home today. Fridays can be so horrid. I'm grateful. I worked 4 days this week, which I know sounds normal and nothing to complain about, but that is so physically hard on me, especially when driving and my other job is factored in. I'm going to spend the rest of the evening curled up with heating pad. Stupid Molly is upstairs sulking because dad yelled at her; she won't sit with me. She gets visibly upset and distressed if she is taken out of sight of him, yet she bit him badly yesterday. No sense at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh crepe.I managed to quote myself rather than edit my post to fix a typo. I'm a dumbpants.

Of course you can have her! She wreaked my little head today with her endless amount of energy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I feel a bit bad/guilty. I was talking to my aunt about perfume and mentioned a special Chanel scent I've been dying to smell (it's boutique only) and she had a sample sent to me--those tiny samples sell for a fortune! Yeeks. I gotta be careful what I say. Very sweet of her, but that much for an itty bitty sample makes me feel queasy.

It's really lovely--smokey and fresh at the same time. Now I want a bottle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Your aunt obviously loves you and likes to do things for you that make you happy. Don't feel bad that someone cares for you, as hard as it is to not feel guilty!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 1864  Next