| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dicer - Recommendations?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Hey guys,

I usually spend a couple hours or so in the kitchen every time I make a meal so I've been trying to think about how to trim that down. I believe I spend the majority of my time dicing. I do everything by hand with a nice knife but was wondering, does anyone have experience with a good tool, electronic or otherwise, that can dice very quickly? Every device I've tried before either leaves the food with a poor consistency (lots of large chunks mixed with very tiny pieces) or turns everything into mush.

I'm actually a huge fan of the Slap Chop but the hold space is so tiny. An example of what I sometimes work with, last night I needed to dice 2 large onions, 2 potatoes, 3 carrots, and a cup of brussel sprouts. I don't necessarily need something which can do all that together, but trying to get all that into small enough chunks for the Slap Chop to use would be ridiculous.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good dicer?

Post subject: Re: Dicer - Recommendations?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

That is a great question. I am a slow chopper as well. Seems like that is what a food processor is for, but I have never tried it. I am interested to see what others say.

Post subject: Re: Dicer - Recommendations?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

yeah, some food processors have a dicing blade. (we have an 11 cup cuisinart (i think) and it doesn't have the option for a dicing blade. i wish i would have done some more research before getting this one. aah well. (it's more like a french fry blade, i suppose.)

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]