| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have also heard a rumor that Alaska Thunderfuck will be on as well. But until tomorrow that is still a rumor.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

Good call MBM! I never knew about Detox but J told me the same thing, and I said I'd already heard it from you.

I forgot, and I can't find it thorough searching...is there a reason we don't like Penny Tration? I'm already not a big fan of her drag style, but wasn't there something about her that doesn't jive with us? Isn't she pro-fur or eats bats or something?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:15 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

You might be thinking of Adore, who was the person everyone thought was going to win the fan vote, and she did something gross like used pig hearts in her act so I said I was glad she didn't win. On the other hand, she made a video congratulating Penny and asking her fans to stop putting Penny down, how she was glad she didn't win so she can learn to sew and get more time in, and was pretty gracious. So.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm 
Nailed to the V

Oh yeah, that was it! I had it in my mind that the fan-voted person was no good. I'll make up my own mind up about Penny, then.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:42 pm 

I think the only queen i've ever truly hated was Tyra because she was a) awful outside of the runway and b) a total twatface but who cares because

ALASKA THUNDERFUCK IS GOING TO BE ON SEASON FIVE SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 pm 

Okay so, they said the 14th queen is the last one and it's not the person I thought/hoped it would be:

http://www.youtube.com/petrilude

I don't know if she even tries out but her drag page has over 5k likes and she's worked with Willam, Manila, and Sahara so I had my fingers crossed.

Also apparently Kenya is transitioning. That's not much of a surprise since many people speculated that she was already on hormones while filming the show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 pm 

Meet the queens of season 5!

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/857874 ... id=1697619

1. I know they did the same interview format, on set of the photo shoot, for All Stars but the sound on these is awful. For the first one I was like, "Alaska, speak up!" And then I realized all of them sound like that. Good forking Lard, take them into a closet or something so we can't hear all of the background chitter chatter.

2. Detox's forehead contouring looks fine in her photo, but Lard it is not video camera friendly.

3. I already liked Alaska and Detox, but from these videos I also really like Jinkx, Ivy, and Jade. I thought Penny and Roxxxy looked really beautiful. Mostly the other girls seemed kind of eh, but I learned last year not to judge them too much by these intro videos because I last year I didn't really like Latrice and Chad from their videos and WHOA BOY WAS I OBVIOUSLY DUMB. I like my queens funny and some of them seemed too serious, but serious seeming queens can be funny too, like I thought Mariah was pretty funny in her own way. We shall see!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 pm 
Nailed to the V

Yessss! I wonder if they're going to call her Alaska Thunderfrock for TV. That sounds like what Ru would call her. But I think it'd be best if they just bleeped it every time. "Alaska Thunder[beep]. Shantay you stay."

Good for Kenya! I never seem to hear about this kind of stuff. She's one of the girls I couldn't even try to see as male. Same with Stacy Layne Matthews.

Watching the MTQ videos, I think we have extremely similar taste because I wrote down the ones who stood out, and they were Alaska, Ivy, Penny (I like that she describes herself as "nice," because I'm always drawn to the genuinely nice queens like Chad and Latrice), Detox, Jade and Jinkx. A couple of the queens towards the end, I didn't even finish watching their videos because they were so uncharismatic. I feel like Jinkx is going to be one to watch. She demands attention and seems to deserve it.

All I think of when I think of Tyra is the time when they were making wedding dresses and Tyra kept singing when everyone was telling her to please stop. I never liked her, and I think Ru was overly invested in her sob(?) story.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:13 pm 
Nailed to the V

Beth Ditto is going to be a judge on the finale!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 am 
Nailed to the V

Beth Ditto was so cute during the LSFYL!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I'm pretty excited for next season. I really like Ivy and Jinkx based on the videos.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

Wait, so how does everyone feel about the winner? I thought Juju was going to win because she stands out in my mind when I think "RuPaul's Drag Race". I like Raven a lot, but I don't like her "fork" attitude she seems to carry every time a new challenge is announced. If I were Ru, I would be honored to have Chad Michaels' picture next to mine in the hall of fame. Chad looked SO GOOD in the finale. And did you know RuPaul is 52 years old? I looked it up because I thought it sounded anachronistic of her to call Chad one of her children.

Speaking of lookin good, I love this picture of Latrice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

That picture of Latrice is to die! Love it

I am really happy Chad won. She has done her time and worked it out.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:35 pm 

Meh. I know Chad is older/been doing this longer, but she has been vocally bitter about Sharon winning over her which is kind of in poor taste. I agreed with Ru that Juju has a confidence issue that sometimes holds her back, but Raven doesn't have that issue AND she is almost as funny as Juju.

I think no matter who would've won, I would've been conflicted about who should've won. Except Shannel, because I don't find her to be very funny. Can you imagine the rioting in the streets if she had won, though?

But THANK GOD THAT STRESSFUL shiitake IS OVER and now we can focus on season five. Also will they do another All-Stars season? I think not since they plucked all of the top girls for this one, pretty much. I think they should do another special season called 'Second Chances' or something and give the girls who went home really early another shot. I still feel robbed that we didn't get to see more of Venus' outfits and wigs. They could bring back Mystique and she could hopefully bring more outfits! Shangela could pop out of a box and the Rupaul would be like 'bisque I SAID SECOND CHANCE NOT THIRD'.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 pm 
Nailed to the V

I didn't know Chad was shady about losing. I can see it though, her "I'm a god damned professional" hair flip. In the end, I like them all, so whoever Ru wanted to win is fine. Except Shannel, absolutely. Sometimes I still get goosebumps when I think back to Raven + Jujubee's LSFYL.

But yes yes yes I am glad it's over, so excited for the new season. And Jade replied to one of Josh's tweets, so I love her already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm 
Nailed to the V

I forgot to say: I want a second chance season! Good idea. I want to see more of The Princess please. And Ru did tell Alisa Summers that she is a queen for all seasons—just not season 4.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:42 pm 
A Bad Person

I'm still totally cranky that season 4 is not on Netflix anymore. CRANKY.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

brian wrote:
I'm still totally cranky that season 4 is not on Netflix anymore. CRANKY.

But...you can just watch it on the Logo site?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 pm 

Brian won't watch tv on the computer. He won't watched Untucked for this reason, no matter how many times I shout 'THIS IS NOT RUPAUL'S BEST FRIEND RACE!' at him. His loss!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:55 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh Pandora... you fill my world with joy!
That Micheal loves Donna Noble fills me with joy. Two of my favorite things!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am 

Willam has a new web show on a youtube channel called The Stylish.

Also, if you've always wanted to see what he looked like when he references being an overweight kid:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 pm 
Nailed to the V

I love that interview, especially the part about the chandelier.

Soooo everyone saw the first minute and a half, right? Detox: hilarious, middle girl: ?, Jade Jolie: cuuuute! (and is dressed almost like a rupocalypse-era jiggly caliente)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm 

Even though i'm not into super-tan people, I think Roxxxy is REALLY pretty.

So you know how at the beginning of the show everyone is so excited to be there and it's all happy and love and hugs?

NOT THIS YEAR.

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/872596 ... ew-1.jhtml

I guess something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm 
Nailed to the V

I like how Jade is still all smiles through the interaction. I promise I won't only talk about her, I like so many of them.

About their feud, possible spolier:
Spoiler: show
I read that Alyssa Edwards (who is Shangela's drag mom, btw) was crowned Miss Gay America but then dethroned and the title went to runner-up Coco Montrese.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 29  Next