| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149 ... 1903  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 am 
Huffs Nooch

jogirl wrote:
Efcliz wrote:
I was doing great with this thread until I saw "towels every other day".

Ha ha yes.

Okay, good. Not just me then.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

vijita wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
Hah, on the days I don't work, I never get out of pajama pants.

The second I get home, I put them on.

Those get washed constantly, but everything else is "as needed."

Except sheets: I have to have fresh sheets. Very unenvironmental of me, but I change bed linens near daily. Less since now my mom has to help since its hard because of my back issues.

I'm such a slob with sheets. I don't even remember the last time we washed them. Actually, I tend to fall asleep on the couch with a duvet and don't even end up using sheets. Yup, I'm gross!

Ha! Samesies. Couch sleepers of the world unite!

I do wear socks more than once because my feet don't sweat and I don't have enough socks. (I'm too picky! Plus it's hard to find non-wool socks that are warm enough.) Underwear gets changed every time I shower which is usually once a day, except for days when I don't have to go anywhere, and then I just keep wearing the same undies under my jammies/sweats as I laze about on the couch. Bras go through a rotation so they never get worn two days in a row (I read somewhere that you need to give them a day or two to "snap back" after use). Since they're hand wash only, and I hate doing hand wash, I'm a little embarrassed at how infrequently they get washed. (I own a LOT of bras.) Jeans/trousers go about a week between washings, and shirts usually get worn twice (although not in a row), maybe three times. Sheets and towels tend to get done whenever I have a white load (towels) or a dark load (sheets) to fill up. Or whenever they just get too gross, whichever comes first. Since I have to line dry everything (no dryer), I have to time my laundry doing well, because I know I won't be able to use/pack anything for a day or two after it goes in the wash. If I miss that window of opportunity, I've been known to wear stuff that should have been washed, but hasn't, because I have no choice.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Ruby Rose wrote:
Everything that is worn against my skin is washed after one wear. Outer layers, jeans, dresses, skirts get maybe two wears, three tops, before washing. I can't really deal with dry clean only stuff as it never feels properly clean to me. Towels every other day. Bed linen every week. Hair every third day.

Don't your legs have skin??

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 am 
WRETCHED

Towels depend. I usually use the same towel for a week. Wash clothes though are every other day.

As for sheets, again it depends. In summer they may get changed more frequently or if one of us gets sick but those are a 2 week or so change.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:21 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Do towels really get dirty? You rub them on yourself just after washing, when you're at your cleanest, so surely they can't need washing often*?

*disclaimer: I may be gross. I last washed a towel about 2 months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 am 
WRETCHED

Well towels get wet and although they dry, bacteria thrives in hot, moist areas like bathrooms. So I don't have any proof that microscopic bacteria is on my towel, I figure it is better to wash it than not.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

jojo wrote:
Do towels really get dirty? You rub them on yourself just after washing, when you're at your cleanest, so surely they can't need washing often*?

I need to wash my towels otherwise I have a mental breakdown. I think it's because I like them when they're hard and crunchy and scrapey from being washed, rather than a real reason.

linanil wrote:
Well towels get wet and although they dry, bacteria thrives in hot, moist areas like bathrooms. So I don't have any proof that microscopic bacteria is on my towel, I figure it is better to wash it than not.
My bathroom is frosty at best, so I'm not sure about bacteria, but I could probably grow a good polar bear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:38 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Do you know what's the best? Wearing big huge socks that are way too big for you. I am always changing out of tights at the end of the day and putting on my boyfriend's socks. It's like warm blankets around your feet. I swear I lose like 90% of my body heat when my feet are cold.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 am 
WRETCHED

Gulliver wrote:
jojo wrote:

I need to wash my towels otherwise I have a mental breakdown. I think it's because I like them when they're hard and crunchy and scrapey from being washed, rather than a real reason.

linanil wrote:
My bathroom is frosty at best, so I'm not sure about bacteria, but I could probably grow a good polar bear.

But doesn't your bathroom get steamy when you take a shower?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 am 
Level 7 Vegan

choirqueer wrote:
Ruby Rose wrote:
Everything that is worn against my skin is washed after one wear. Outer layers, jeans, dresses, skirts get maybe two wears, three tops, before washing. I can't really deal with dry clean only stuff as it never feels properly clean to me. Towels every other day. Bed linen every week. Hair every third day.

Don't your legs have skin??

Ha! Yes, but my jeans are baggy mom jeans! In the old skinny jeans days, they'd have been off and in the wash at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 am 
Dead by dawn

I used to think "drying clean water off clean body = clean towel" until someone pointed out that you're also rubbing off a bunch of dead skin cells. And yeah... warm, humid environment plus bacteria plus dead skin cells doesn't sound as clean. I use a towel twice, maybe three times tops.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I just set a goal of washing my sheets once a month. I was bragging about it to my friends and they looked horrified. Woops.
Otherwise, I was towels once a week, underwear and socks after one use, and jeans and hoodies when I realize they haven't been done for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I use towels maybe 3 or 4 times? I guess I'm gross. The linen closet is downstairs, though! I'm usually in the shower before I remember to grab a clean towel!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:13 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ijustdiedinside wrote:
vijita wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
In the winter, sometimes I don't change my socks for a few days because I wear them to bed and leave them on when I get dressed the next morning.

I thought I was gross for doing this. I just really hate changing socks when I'm cold. And in the winter I am always cold.

I guess that means we're not gross! Yay! My feet are always cold, so yeah, if I don't have to take my socks off, I'm not gonna!

I need socks, but can't find any that don't cause agony. I'm still wearing my Birks since my clogs don't work without socks. Anything on my numb foot feels really odd and painful, like burning needles. I need socks that are super light, but still warm. And not tight (most women's socks are too tight since I wear a 9.5)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

man. when I am really on my game I was my sheets/towels every 2 weeks.

but I am not usually on my game.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:34 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

See I can slack on other things, but if I don't do sheets once a week, my acne gets a million times worse. I guess I could just cheat and change my pillowcase more often, but zits are usually enough of a motivation to wash the sheets every week.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm 

Am I a crasshole if I call 311 about a car with a REALLY sensitive alarm that is always parked on our street? It goes off for a minute at a time with REALLY loud honking about 10 times a day and in the middle of the night, too. fuuuuuck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

No. Call.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I called one night after listening to a neighbour's house alarm for a couple of hours. It is a regular occurrence and I could never figure out what house it was coming from. So basically, I got told off for calling emergency number since it wasn't an emergency and told to ring the local station directly. So if that is an option for you do that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 pm 

okay. i will. thanks! i just don't want to be "that guy," but honestly, i have a feeling that whoever owns this car parks it far away from their place so they don't have to hear it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ijustdiedinside wrote:
okay. i will. thanks! i just don't want to be "that guy," but honestly, i have a feeling that whoever owns this car parks it far away from their place so they don't have to hear it.

I lived next to one of those. Guy in college whose parents bought him a new BMW. We were always hoping that one of the many alarms would herald an actual theft attempt so we wouldn't have to listen to it every time somebody parked next to him at 3am.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm 

daisychain wrote:
I called one night after listening to a neighbour's house alarm for a couple of hours. It is a regular occurrence and I could never figure out what house it was coming from. So basically, I got told off for calling emergency number since it wasn't an emergency and told to ring the local station directly. So if that is an option for you do that.

yeah, that's what 311 is here in NY. It's the way you get in touch with the police or other city departments without using the emergency line.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think I am going to have to deactivate my facebook for a bit. I have an internet buddy on it and she is starting to rely on me a bit too much. My own mental health is so fragile and I already have to deal with people with chronic mental illnesses in work all day that I don't think I can give her support as a friend. I feel bad about it but it is too hard. Bleurgh. Life would be so much easier if there was no mental illness.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ijustdiedinside wrote:
daisychain wrote:

yeah, that's what 311 is here in NY. It's the way you get in touch with the police or other city departments without using the emergency line.

Ooooooh! I thought it was a typo. That sounds great..... ring them!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

The Thanksgiving fun has started early this year. My dad just called to ask me what I'm going to do about being overweight. Is it Thursday yet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47572 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149 ... 1903  Next