| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
Second period is split: Girls are Team Jacob, boys are Team Edward.

We are covering the important stuff today!

How can anyone even be picking teams anymore! It is so obviously team Edward all the way because Jacob was meant for Renesmee he just didn't know it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 am 
Discovered unobtainium

That bit is so incredible forked and creepy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:33 am 
Ninja Master

GraciaKai wrote:
Spoiler: show
I'm a sentimental schmuck. Give me a happy ending any day! I feel you though. The Volturi getting taken out was enjoyable. But at least this way we get to keep all of our beloved Cullens. Losing Seth in the battle was really upsetting, I don't know if would have been able to get over that.

You didn't like the ending with the book pages and the recap of people? I thought that was really well done. And Alice's vision of Renesmee all grown up and the four of them together!!!!!!! I could cry right now, it was so good.

No I really didn't. I just found it all so schmaltzy, it made me wanna barf a little. Mainly because I was still pissed that the battle was gonna stay in Alice's head. My reaction when we realised it wasn't gonna happen was a rather loud "WHAT?"

I can't say I was overly bothered about Seth. I think the main problem with these films is that I hated the books and I don't really care about any of the characters. I find the films entertaining but I don't LOVE them. So yeah, I am probably not the best person to discuss the film with.

Out of interest, what was different from the book? I haven't read the last 3 books.

The highlight of going to see this film for me, was discussing with my workmate afterwards what Renesmee wouldve been called if she'd been a boy. CarChar? Carmie? Charmisle? Charmie?

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

baps wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
I'm a sentimental schmuck. Give me a happy ending any day! I feel you though. The Volturi getting taken out was enjoyable. But at least this way we get to keep all of our beloved Cullens. Losing Seth in the battle was really upsetting, I don't know if would have been able to get over that.

You didn't like the ending with the book pages and the recap of people? I thought that was really well done. And Alice's vision of Renesmee all grown up and the four of them together!!!!!!! I could cry right now, it was so good.

No I really didn't. I just found it all so schmaltzy, it made me wanna barf a little. Mainly because I was still pissed that the battle was gonna stay in Alice's head. My reaction when we realised it wasn't gonna happen was a rather loud "WHAT?"

I can't say I was overly bothered about Seth. I think the main problem with these films is that I hated the books and I don't really care about any of the characters. I find the films entertaining but I don't LOVE them. So yeah, I am probably not the best person to discuss the film with.

Out of interest, what was different from the book? I haven't read the last 3 books.

The highlight of going to see this film for me, was discussing with my workmate afterwards what Renesmee wouldve been called if she'd been a boy. CarChar? Carmie? Charmisle? Charmie?

Charmisle for the win!

Ok, so I get where your coming from now. I am a diehard fan of the books as cheesy as they are and I don't even care. So I'm very much for the fight staying in Alice's vision and not being real.

In the book there is no fight. Alice walks out into the field with the boy who is just like Renesmee and shows Aro her vision, but there is no epic battle. So this was really a win for everyone, I think. We got to see the battle, we got to experience the anguish of losing characters, but then we still get happily ever after too. Honestly, this ending was better than the book. The book was very anti-climactic looking back. Because Bella does shield everyone and Jane does try to use her pain thing on Edward and can't. But pretty much after that the Volturi are shaken and back off. The movie ending was much more exciting!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:55 am 
Ninja Master

GraciaKai wrote:
Ok, so I get where your coming from now. I am a diehard fan of the books as cheesy as they are and I don't even care. So I'm very much for the fight staying in Alice's vision and not being real.

In the book there is no fight. Alice walks out into the field with the boy who is just like Renesmee and shows Aro her vision, but there is no epic battle. So this was really a win for everyone, I think. We got to see the battle, we got to experience the anguish of losing characters, but then we still get happily ever after too. Honestly, this ending was better than the book. The book was very anti-climactic looking back. Because Bella does shield everyone and Jane does try to use her pain thing on Edward and can't. But pretty much after that the Volturi are shaken and back off. The movie ending was much more exciting!

Oh ok, I'm glad they changed it then. I would've been seriously bored without that battle and if it was just Bella saved the day.

My favourite Bella moment (never thought I'd say that because damn she was annoying as a human!) was when she kicked Jacob's arse for imprinting on her daughter!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

baps wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:

Oh ok, I'm glad they changed it then. I would've been seriously bored without that battle and if it was just Bella saved the day.

My favourite Bella moment (never thought I'd say that because damn she was annoying as a human!) was when she kicked Jacob's arse for imprinting on her daughter!

That was pretty badass. I do have to say that Breaking Dawn was my favorite book and I love Bella as a vampire. Plus you never really got to experience the story from the vampire point of view until the end when she changes. So its pretty cool to finally see that happen. There is a lot more detail in the book of her as a vamp and all the fun they have with her. Emmett is a riot in Breaking Dawn!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 am 
WRETCHED

I haven't seen any of the movies, I'm waiting to see if Amazon prime has them free on streaming sometime soon. I read the first 3 books but was so angry at the end of the 3rd book that I didn't read the 4th book. I ended up reading a summary online of it.

You guys are cracking me up though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

linanil wrote:
I haven't seen any of the movies, I'm waiting to see if Amazon prime has them free on streaming sometime soon. I read the first 3 books but was so angry at the end of the 3rd book that I didn't read the 4th book. I ended up reading a summary online of it.

You guys are cracking me up though.

1st movie is a terrible cheesy movie and does not do justice to the book. If you liked the book that is. New Moon the movie version was really good. And Eclipse move version was pretty good too. I didn't like the way the shot that movie. But they did a good job with the battle and Victoria's death.

I'm not really sure that the last movie will have as much impact if you haven't read the book. You'll get it and I'm assuming you just read all of the spoilers, so you'll really get it. But otherwise it won't be that much of a shock.

What left you angered at the end of Eclipse?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 am 
WRETCHED

Ha, actually I didn't like the first book, I thought it was incredibly slow. I figured the movie would be cheesy.

I can't remember specifically what made me angry, it was just Bella and how she acts. I had read the 3 books just to see what happened and I couldn't take it anymore. It sounds like as a vampire she was better?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Way better as a vampire! Her character didn't annoy me though. But I know for a lot of people that was their issue with the books.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 am 
Ninja Master

GraciaKai wrote:
That was pretty badass. I do have to say that Breaking Dawn was my favorite book and I love Bella as a vampire. Plus you never really got to experience the story from the vampire point of view until the end when she changes. So its pretty cool to finally see that happen. There is a lot more detail in the book of her as a vamp and all the fun they have with her. Emmett is a riot in Breaking Dawn!

Yes, there needed to be more Emmett. I liked the arm wrestle, but there wasn't much more of him! Also even though the Volturi are douchey there needs to be more Aro, because I love Michael Sheen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am 
Ninja Master

GraciaKai wrote:
Way better as a vampire!

Way WAY better. She annoyed the crepe out of me before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Actually one of my friends who bought me the Twilight collection and forced me to read is now firmly putting her foot down against seeing any of the movies because she really dislikes Bella and Kristen Stewart as her.

But I still love all of it, the books, the movies, the soundtracks, every little bit! I'm resistant to being called a Twi-Hard but I can't really get around at this point. I did not think I would love it as much as I do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD, and then I will watch all five one after the other

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think I'm going this Thurs, or sooner, I've been hearing good things (about to read this thread from the start to see what you all think).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I vote Charmisle!

vegimator wrote:
I animated the wolves in a few shots. My favorite part was Aro's insane cackle after meeting Renesmee.

Awesome!

helsinki wrote:
How many guilty pleasure are you allowed until it becomes just a matter of bad taste? I think I may have maxed out.

Psssh, you can never max out... right? RIGHT? :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending...on the one hand, it was a way to get in some action without changing the ending, but I also hate the Final-Destination-type fake out. I guess it was better than other "it was all a dream" endings since it was actually using Alice's power, but...meh I can't decide. I'd be sad about Seth for a little, but as long as Jacob survived I think I'd be cool with the battle being real.

DEFINITELY agree about Bella being so much better as a vampire.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 am 
Ninja Master

helsinki wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending...on the one hand, it was a way to get in some action without changing the ending, but I also hate the Final-Destination-type fake out. I guess it was better than other "it was all a dream" endings since it was actually using Alice's power, but...meh I can't decide. I'd be sad about Seth for a little, but as long as Jacob survived I think I'd be cool with the battle being real.

DEFINITELY agree about Bella being so much better as a vampire.

This is how I feel. I thought the battle was great, but it was like they gave us it with one hand and then snatched it back with the other! hahaha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So, it's been a week, can we talk without using spoiler tags now? What say you all?

I saw it last night and it was good/entertaining while still being cheesy like the rest of the films, their dialogue is always pretty bad and most of the lines fell flat and didn't get laughs from our cinema (especially Jacob's one about Bella wishing she was that awesome). Also, the baby looked super weird.

And just in case we should still go with spoiler tags:
The battle scene started, Carlisle got his head ripped off and I said "WHAT THE FORK?" and turned to my friend and asked "This is the vision bit, right?" because I'm sure I remembered that from the book but it's been awhile and BD was my least fave book, and she said "No, I heard they changed things!" and then bloody Jasper gets killed and then Seth and I was just sitting there thinking "shiitake!" and then boom, it was all a vision - phew! I think it was well done, it was intense and full on but then they still got a happy ending. I do agree that the vision of them all when Renesmee is grown up was so cheesy but I did like the book thing and Bella showing Edward scenes from previous movies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:23 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

What if at the end it turned out that the last five movies were all just Alice's vision?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:38 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I saw it last night and I must say, one of my favourites. I still like the third movie best, but I think they did a really good job with this one, to make it more interesting without dramatic changes.

Now I want the DVD and an evening for myself!