| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19105
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Image

I definitely heard a lot of these when I was child-free! I hope I never ever say these to anyone!

Now someone needs to make one for stuff parents of an only child hear.....

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 pm 
Offline
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10666
Location: Illinoize
I have never heard any of this, quite the opposite. If I had a hundred dollars for every time someone told me NOT to have kids (mostly my mother-in-law), I could buy a spite baby on the black market.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 pm 
Offline
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 2120
Location: detroit, mi
I have heard almost all of these. Except "new baby smell."

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 pm 
Offline
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 4476
Location: Memphis
"Children are a woman's greatest achievement"? Has anyone seriously ever said that?

_________________
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars
One vegan baker to another: "Dude, do you even sift?" - FootFace


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7941
Location: Seattle
poopiebitch wrote:
"Children are a woman's greatest achievement"? Has anyone seriously ever said that?

Not without getting punched. Hopefully.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19105
Location: Cliffbar NJ
The "new baby smell" is pretty great. I wonder if they make a tree-shaped airfreshener with that scent....

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7551
Location: Portland, OR
I don't know, genetic immortality sounds pretty great. Does it come with super-speed though? Cause that's a deal breaker for me.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:11 pm
Posts: 474
Genetic immortality makes me think of that Woody Allen quote: I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 6997
Location: Modesto, CA
Tofulish wrote:
I hope I never ever say these to anyone!




Actually you did on a FB post of mine when I talked about being CF. I even replied 'bingo'...

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
rowdily playing checkers
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 3010
I've already achieve genetic immortality, through my nieces and nephews. Statistically, they're as good as having grandchildren. Also, they're as good as having grandchildren in the sense that I don't have to forking raise them.

_________________
"Tits are inconsequential, but someone pass me that kitten" ~ papayapaprikás


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 pm 
Offline
Bought KAPOP LOAF
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:23 pm
Posts: 1635
Location: MD
This isn't in reference to you tofulish because I have no idea about what you say about babies, but I've had a few different online friends of the years who went from being hardcore CF to having baby rabies like crazy. These people irritate me more than the ones who were always pro baby because they should know better!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline
rowdily playing checkers
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 3010
Gasp! The ex-vegans of the childfree world!

_________________
"Tits are inconsequential, but someone pass me that kitten" ~ papayapaprikás


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:43 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5404
Location: BRLA
Definitely haven't heard most of these, but I'm young yet. The one I have heard a lot is that not having kids is selfish. Which I can't really wrap my mind around, so whatever.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19105
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Busted! I am so sorry Miss Muffcake!

I think I really suck at explaining. I definitely was hardcore CF but now I have Leela, I definitely think kids are a lot less annoying when they're your own. I really just wasn't into kids, and had at least one friend get really upset that I didn't want to hang out with her and her baby after he was born, because babies just aren't my thing. But I love my kid, even though she is as limiting as any other baby - no going to restaurants, lots of managing stuff around naps, it takes forever to go anywhere and so we're often late or have to cancel because she gets sick or didn't sleep right etc.

There are so many good reasons to be CF, and honestly most of them seem more logical than reasons to have a child (they are expensive, limit your freedom, require a lot of care and attention and there are too many of them on the planet any way). And in case you had any doubts: Sex and alcohol makes people happier than kids and religion

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3136
Location: BKLN
i've heard all of these and then some. it's so, so hard to be a woman who doesn't want kids and stay friends with people who have kids--not because i mind their kids (i don't! i like them [mostly]!), but because the parents start to mind me. i look at their babies and my uterus doesn't start jumping around in my abdomen, and it makes them uncomfortable, or they feel judged, or . . . i don't even know what the problem is. i don't deal with judgment about being vegan the way some of you do, but i am so making up for it on the baby front. but i'm doing the gene pool such a huge favor by not spitting my crappy DNA into it. "here, potential offspring and future of the human race, have some alcoholism and diabetes and heart disease and mental disease and, if you've got them, an almost 100% chance of developing cancer in multiple female reproductive organs before you're 60." i don't think so. also, man, was i a weird, unhappy kid. sure, i could hope/assume my kid wouldn't have those problems, but that was my mom's plan. her plan was also to be the world's bestest mom ever and have the kind of patience and understanding that might qualify her for sainthood, but that is not what happened, and i am exactly like her in all of the most unfortunate ways. if other people have enough confidence to try and build other people, more power to them. but please trust that i, too, am doing what i believe is best for my babies.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm 
Offline
rowdily playing checkers
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 3010
acr wrote:
if other people have enough confidence to try and build other people, more power to them. but please trust that i, too, am doing what i believe is best for my babies.

This kiiiiiiind of makes it sound like you drowned your babies.

No judgment.

_________________
"Tits are inconsequential, but someone pass me that kitten" ~ papayapaprikás


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:12 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2826
Location: Boston, MA
mumbles wrote:
acr wrote:
if other people have enough confidence to try and build other people, more power to them. but please trust that i, too, am doing what i believe is best for my babies.

This kiiiiiiind of makes it sound like you drowned your babies.

No judgment.

*snort*

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3136
Location: BKLN
i am often made to feel like i am kiiiiiiind of drowning my babies. SO MUCH JUDGMENT.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5404
Location: BRLA
God, nothing is creepier than calling non-existent babies "babies"

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:28 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
I hope I never hear the word "child-free" again. Do people without children really call themselves that? I certainly don't think about things in those terms.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2826
Location: Boston, MA
Fee wrote:
God, nothing is creepier than calling non-existent babies "babies"

"drowns non-existent babies" would make an awesome subnick for acr...and by suggesting this I am probably bringing some other heinous subnick upon myself.

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3136
Location: BKLN
aw, man. please don't do that. i know it doesn't always come across, but i do have some feelings.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:34 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 am
Posts: 1000
Location: RI
i'll just check in here as a childfree vegan! i've seen this bingo before on childfree boards/lists i used to frequent. i actually stopped looking at most childfree stuff because i think their views got a little um angry, preachy, and militant sometimes... there didn't seem to be any reasonable ppk type board equivalent for childfree people.

no offense to anyone in particular but i get a little annoyed inside when formerly vocal childfree people have children, not with them in particular, but only because it strengthens those "you'll change your miiiiind!!!!" people's argument. I WILL NOT!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5404
Location: BRLA
I think everyone kind of is allowed to sit somewhere along spectrum on their feelings of kids. I don't want to have kids any time in the near future. I see myself being perfectly content never having kids. The idea that I'll go my whole life without them is soothing and relaxing. But I still reserve the right to change my mind at any time and have kids and love them just the same. It doesn't mean I have to project my life and feelings on anyone or anything, but just because you feel absolutely sure of something at one point in your life and then completely different at another point is okay, even if it makes other people feel like their decisions are now looked at poorly. Unless you really want kids and have them and decide later that you don't want them to exist any more so you drown them, that's wrong.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bingo - Not just for vegans any more
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 6997
Location: Modesto, CA
erynne936 wrote:
no offense to anyone in particular but i get a little annoyed inside when formerly vocal childfree people have children, not with them in particular, but only because it strengthens those "you'll change your miiiiind!!!!" people's argument. I WILL NOT!



The only time I changed my mind was right after having a abortion. I was suffering from some serious mental crepe related to hormones and was like 'oh my i need to have children'...After that though I calmed down. It boils down to me not really being interested in having kids, I do not hate them (for the most part :P) but they are just not me. People get it or they do not...

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], dropscone and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer