| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Great news Aubade!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:11 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Yay yay yay! I'm glad Kai is evening out, and you don't have to worry (or be pressured to worry) about it now.

E goes for his 3 year check on Monday and I am really really interested in seeing his new size stats.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:58 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

That's great, Aubade!

Scarlett rolled over today! We were so excited that we cheered, which scared her and made her cry! So hopefully we didn't discourage her from doing it again. Ha.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:54 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Thanks everybody! The funny thing is, even though probably every time I posted in the 'what did you feed your kid' thread he didn't eat, I think he does eat a lot during the day. (and this dr visit proved that)

Funny story - this week during Sandy Kai's babysitter didn't have power but we did, so he was around even when not babysitting.(we let them charge up, use the fridge etc) So me & my hubz were feeding Kai lunch, and as usual he wasn't eating. His babysitter walks over, says, "it's yum yum time!" and scooped a big spoonful into Kai's mouth which he gladly ate! We'd just tried that 10 times to no avail. I just don't get why he eats for his babysitter but not us. Still I can't complain, as long as he is healthy we're good.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:43 pm 
Married to the wolfman

So E had his 3 year checkup today and everything looks good! He's 39 inches tall and 36 lbs. (holy fork! After not gaining any weight for like a year and a half, he packed on 2 lbs in about 2 months during which he was pretty much a food vortex.) So like 80some for weight and 70some for height. He has really really evened out!

His doctor was tickled by how chatty he was and let him listen to his own heartbeat with the stethoscope and stuff. E was great about getting his shots too-- he was a bit scared beforehand and then afterwards was like oh, that was fine.

He's psyched because we go back in 2 weeks for his brother's checkup.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Yay Scarlett! The first time Ada rolled over the look on her face was priceless. She was just shocked.

Oh E is getting so big! It's good to know that shots might not be so bad in the future.

Ada had her 18 month checkup last week. She's 28 lb (91%) and 34.5 in (off the charts!). So she continues to grow grow grow. She just mastered jumping and is saying so many words. It blows my mind how much she understands and how much she can do now. This age is just so much fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Will was 9 months old yesterday! His 9 month appt isn't for another 2 weeks, but he's just under 22 # and around 28" from my measuring. Not crawling yet (which is okay with me), but sooo close. He's a little inch worm along the floor. We've finally gotten into the habit of three meals (most days). His favorite foods are zucchini, pears, apples, almond butter, and butternut squash. I think I'm finally over missing the "tiny baby" stage, because he is more interactive and fun everyday!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Good to hear about these happy healthy babies!

We've got a walker over here! I still can't believe it. She started with just a few steps at a time and now she is getting much more confident. She also figured out how to climb on and off the couch and that makes life much more crazy over here. Now that she knows how to climb, you can see the wheels turning in her head when she's looking at something she wants to climb....then she hikes up her leg...it's really cute.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:05 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

wow these last couple pages are full of good news and lovely things. yay for all the ppk kids!
really sorry to hear some of you were out of power etc - we were in California during the storm! We were supposed to come home last Tuesday but all flights were cancelled and we didn't get in til Thursday.

our update: the trip to San Diego went very well. We were very nervous about Sierra just ya know, being a baby and crying, but she was an angel on the way out there and pretty much equally awesome on the way home. My arms and boobs were pretty sore after though - and btw, I did end up bringing the Brest Friend pillow (haha Howard attached a clip to it and clipped it to his pants, that's how badly he thought we'd need it). We were less concerned about Dahlia because she can be entertained and bribed usually, but I didn't even bust out my arsenal of stuff I'd brought to keep her entertained because the flights had TV...ummm 4 hours of Nickelodeon is not my idea of a good day but fork it, it won't kill her hahah.

San Diego was kinda paradise for Dahlia (also btw Annak, I really wish I'd checked the internet while I was gone because we were at my sister's house in Normal Heights and would've been down to meet up!!) - front porch plus backyard plus big doggie plus a sea of my brothers and sisters who adore her. For the first time I think she's really suffering now from being home - no yard, no doggie, nobody but us etc. I feel badly about it and am just trying to be patient because hell, Howard and I both feel that it's pretty majorly sucky to live here too. I wish we could live somewhere better for her. And Sierra was not so into being held by other people but was generally sweet and cuddly; however, she went on a 3 day bottle strike that kinda freaked me out because I was afraid of the challenge this would prevent when we returned home and I went back to work. I think she was just being weird, and luckily within a day or so at home was back to taking a bottle from Howard when necessary.

I'll have to post pix when I get my act together, because Dahlia was the flower girl at my sister's wedding and was so in love with her "princess dress" that she ended up wearing it out when we were still stuck there at Halloween! Pretty sure there are pix of her digging in the dirt outside the reception in the dress too haha.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm 
Inflexitarian

Giles rolled! He was on his back on the playmat and I was reading on the couch and I looked over and he was on his tummy - sad I missed the exciting moment when I was sitting right there, but I did get to see him then roll from his tummy to his back! He will be 4 months next week. We weighed him today and on our home scale and he is 18.5 lbs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:24 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Go Giles!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

annasrobbie wrote:
Giles rolled! He was on his back on the playmat and I was reading on the couch and I looked over and he was on his tummy - sad I missed the exciting moment when I was sitting right there, but I did get to see him then roll from his tummy to his back! He will be 4 months next week. We weighed him today and on our home scale and he is 18.5 lbs.

That's awesome! Way to go, Giles! (By the way, I just love his name!) It's funny - my little guy is almost the same age, and he's about the same weight! He's 4 months and a week, and he's about 19.5 lbs. I haven't seen him roll over yet, but he's almost sitting. It's crazy how fast they are growing and changing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Yay Giles!

Ada has started constantly babbling and talking. Even to strangers which she never used to do. She just goes on and on and on. Such as at dinner last weekend: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sashidawn/8191059828/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Oh Ada! What a cute video, she looks so grown up!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Freya's latest "thing" = nodding yes. So much fun. "Do you want to read this one again?" (vigorous nodding).

My favorite though was today while she was on the floor and one point and I'm getting ready to pick her up.

Me: "Should we go and change your nappy?"
Freya: more vigorous nodding, then a pause and a no-no shake and hand wave

Heh

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

so, lydia is one week old now and i thought i'd post an update.

tzipi is slowly adjusting to big sisterhood, i think. she's been a lot less frenetic and shrill the last couple days, and slightly less obnoxious (although a lot of it is par for the course with an almost 3 year old, i guess). both my mom and my mil have come to stay with us (my mom left fri, my mil arrived sat) and so she's really enjoying the one on one time with them. i had a little meltdown on thursday when my midwife came to visit us, about parenting two kids, but she was able to talk me down a bit. she is so great.

then, on saturday, i was having really bad pain from gas or constipation, so i called the midwife to ask if there was something i could take. i guess she didn't like the sound of my symptoms, so she came over right away and after doing an exam, thought i was showing signs of endometritis (uterine infection) and wanted us to go to the ER. thankfully my mil had just arrived that afternoon, so we left her and tzipi to have bath and bed time, and headed to the hospital with lydia. up until that point, the pain had been annoying but not debilitating, but it got quickly worse and worse... it was like the pain of contractions by the time i finally got pain meds at 1am, and i was bleeding really heavily. the ER visit was pretty much as bad as you'd expect... we waited for 6 hours in an examination room with one chair and an examination table while an endless parade of medical students and doctors tried to stick things up my vagina. finally they prescribed me a heavy course of abx and let us go home (we orginally thought i'd be staying overnight).

anyway, i'm finally feeling a bit better, and off the morphine. lydia has been a champ through the whole thing. she's nursing well, sleeping lots and gaining well, so i can't really complain!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, lb, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm so glad the midwife caught your symptoms and you were able to get some help (eventually). A week already!

Freya is turning one in 7 days. I am an emotional wreck. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:09 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Refinnej - I was also a wreck at the 1 year mark! Take some time for yourself if you can.

LB, that is really scary stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm 
Semen Strong

LB, I am so sorry, that sounds horrible. I am glad that you're getting some rest and that Lydia and Tzipi are doing well. Sending lots of good thoughts for a quick and complete convalescence.

nneJ, hugs to you. <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 pm 
Married to the wolfman

LB, I'm glad you got some meds and are feeling better, but jeez. What an awful thing to go through.

My update is just that the Magician will be 10 months old tomorrow and finally had his 9 month check today. Just over 23 lbs, putting him at 79th percentile for weight and 90th for height. Big but not huge! E was about 30 lbs at this point so M still looks so little to me.

He's now waving, clapping, pointing, initiating peekaboo (the best! Give the kid a dish towel and he really goes to town), walking (mostly not crawling anymore), and has one totally clear established word: "hi!" everything is happening all at once now with him.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm so glad your midwife was extra vigilant and caught your infection littlebird! Get to feeling better soon!

The magician sounds like a happy fun-loving guy! The little video you posted of him jumping up and down was super cute!

Giles had his 4 month appointment today - 19 lbs and 27 inches (no wonder i have been at the chiropractor so often!) I am hoping the weight gains slows a little, although he absolutely is not allowed to lose his rolls!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Walter had his 2-year checkup yesterday. He's only gained one pound in the last year, but 6.5 inches! He's still in the 75th percentile for weight, but now he's 98th for height (he was always a shorty). His baby fat is almost gone, but he has a gigantic head and still has big cheeks, so he looks a lot heftier than he is. He got a flu shot, and all day he kept pointing at his leg and saying "nail" (he has a work bench with toy nails), and eventually I realized he thought the nurse had stabbed him in the thigh with a nail, poor baby :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Awwww... Ha ha ha. Poor Walter.

I forgot to tell my cute Emperor story... He came with me for the Magician's checkup and was really worried about M getting a shot. He was like, "he's not going to like it! It'll hurt and he'll cry!" and kept suggesting things he could do to help. "I'll read him a book while he's getting his shot, I'll give him a toy to look at, I will give him a big kiss and a hug" etc. I think he was more nervous about M getting a shot than he's ever been for his own. (After all that, M cried for about 5 seconds.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm glad M takes takes his shots like a pro. Poor Giles had his 4 month vaccinations (I had to leave the room to keep myself from crying hysterically) and so my husband told me that Giles started bawling before he even got his injections and then of course intensified things once he got the pokes and then cried almost all the way home in the car. Made me feel like the most terrible person ever. He was really not himself yesterday either, just no pep at all. Poor wee man. Has M always been good about his shots?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mittenmacher wrote:
He got a flu shot, and all day he kept pointing at his leg and saying "nail" (he has a work bench with toy nails), and eventually I realized he thought the nurse had stabbed him in the thigh with a nail, poor baby :(

Oh, my... that's heart breaking!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 2453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 99  Next