| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am 
Offline
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am
Posts: 2097
Location: Munich, finally!
nickvicious wrote:
The best Peter Sellers movie, however, is The Party. Talk about UNDERrated.


This. I loved that movie.

I find overrated the fact that suddenly being a geek or a nerd is cool. When did this happen? Why?

Also, this gangman style thing.

_________________
I dunno, I guess I just get enthused over eating big ol' squishy balls. - Interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Memphis
erynne936 wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
Zooey Deschanel. I mean, she's okay I guess, but what's with the obsession? And if I hear one more person use the work 'adorkable' I'm going to punch them in the throat.


i love zooey. i can't explain why. i feel inexplicably drawn to her. it's out of my control. it's her voice? her bangs? her dresses? she is like an adorable cartoon of a person. and maybe a cartoon of a person is sometimes more attractive and likable than an actual person.

i would never use that word though.

I think the thing that bothers me is the whole persona of "look at me in my glasses, I'm such a geek! See how awkward I am? It's embarrassing!" as if we should ignore the fact that she's really pretty, with perfectly coiffed hair and professional makeup.

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:31 am
Posts: 743
But have you seen the Mitt Romney Style parody of Gangnam Style? It would make you lurve it.


_________________
Obligatory blog.


Last edited by quark on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 2405
Poopie, I love your new pic! Didn't even recognize you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Memphis
ScooterDiva wrote:
Poopie, I love your new pic! Didn't even recognize you!

Thank you! Aren't I adorkable?!

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 am 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
Society of the Spectacle. I honestly tried to make it through this little book. But it was just ivory tower gibberish to me.

Anyway, I'm off to work. Have a good day gals and guys!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 2405
poopiebitch wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:
Poopie, I love your new pic! Didn't even recognize you!

Thank you! Aren't I adorkable?!



Totes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2820
Location: Boston, MA
JonnyWoop wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Ryan Gosling.


Oh, respectfully disagree.

I loved "The Believer," "Lars and the Real Girl," "Blue Valentine," "Crazy, Stupid Love," "Drive" and "The Ides of March." I even really enjoyed "The Notebook." Yeah, I'm man enough to say it.


Drive is so overrated! Seriously, I thought it was ok, but a bit pretentious. And everyone I know thinks it a work of genius.

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2820
Location: Boston, MA
This is a great thread. It feeds my bitter curmudgeon interior. Torque, you're my soul mate.

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5092
Sliced bread. You know that expression: "The greatest thing since sliced bread"? Yeah, sliced bread really isn't all that.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:48 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5381
Location: BRLA
seitanicverses wrote:
Sliced bread. You know that expression: "The greatest thing since sliced bread"? Yeah, sliced bread really isn't all that.


Pffft. Every single time I buy a loaf of bread and get the people at the store to slice it I just think "this is the greatest"

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5092
Rainbows peas me off, too. I mean, you can't touch them.

I still remember how pissed off I was as a kid to learn that rainbows were a mirage and no matter how far I walked, I still could never get to one and if I ever got there, I could never touch it. Thanks, rainbows. You were my first taste of disillusionment.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 pm 
Offline
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1781
quark wrote:
But have you seen the Mitt Romney Style parody of Gangnam Style? It would make you lurve it.


Thank you for this much needed laugh this morning!

Daniel Craig. I don't get his appeal and I don't find him to be that great of an actor.

_________________
"I would love to be president of the United States. It's been my dream ever since I discovered what power was." ~ RandiJM, age 11-ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5381
Location: BRLA
seitanicverses wrote:
Rainbows peas me off, too. I mean, you can't touch them.

I still remember how pissed off I was as a kid to learn that rainbows were a mirage and no matter how far I walked, I still could never get to one and if I ever got there, I could never touch it. Thanks, rainbows. You were my first taste of disillusionment.


Almost as bad as oatmeal raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18878
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Dead. To. Me. (gaia13)

But then I have watched John Cena movies just because of John Cena.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:01 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 1080
Location: Denver
Most of what torque said, plus: U2, Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (i hate this book so much.), cake from the Watercourse bakery, star trek.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:05 pm 
Offline
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1781
Tofulish wrote:
Dead. To. Me. (gaia13)

But then I have watched John Cena movies just because of John Cena.

I want to get it because so many people irl rave about him, but I just don't. I even watched Skyfall on opening weekend with some friends hoping that would spark something, but nope. I think part of it was that I hated him in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and just haven't been able to shake it.

_________________
"I would love to be president of the United States. It's been my dream ever since I discovered what power was." ~ RandiJM, age 11-ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:07 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18878
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Oh god, Babycakes. Why?!

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1781
Why did I hate him in Girl? I actually didn't like the entire movie. Thought the Swedish version was much better, although I'm hoping there is an American version of the 2nd/3rd books since the Swedish versions were both made for tv movies and I felt let down after having read the books.

_________________
"I would love to be president of the United States. It's been my dream ever since I discovered what power was." ~ RandiJM, age 11-ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8474
Location: Maryland/DC area
Any Star Trek except the original and TNG. The rest of them suck. I said it.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18878
Location: Cliffbar NJ
gaia13 wrote:
Why did I hate him in Girl? I actually didn't like the entire movie. Thought the Swedish version was much better, although I'm hoping there is an American version of the 2nd/3rd books since the Swedish versions were both made for tv movies and I felt let down after having read the books.


I couldn't watch Girl because it was so rapey.... Maybe that was part of it?

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8474
Location: Maryland/DC area
Oh and I guess Daniel Craig is Ok? I mean, I don't find him disgusting. I'd say the same for Christian Bale. I don't view either of them as anything special.

And then there are pies. Sure you fill it with yummy stuff but then you put it in a crust. I just want the yummy stuff.

Frosting. Frosting is getting in the way of my cake.

Coffee. Sure you keep me caffeinated but you taste like crepe. Then you add flavored stuff, then you taste like flavored crepe. If you have enough soy and sugar to cover the taste, its ok. I'd rather have a strongly flavored chai.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:04 am
Posts: 2420
Location: UK
erynne936 wrote:
Big Bang Theory?
Some people seem to really like this. I have tried to watch it. It is very not funny, and very uncomfortable to even watch, I find it so bad. Is there some hysterical irony that it is so bad that makes it good that I'm not getting? And I did really want to like it because I was a big fan of Johnny Galecki in Roseanne.

Oh god yes. Everyone I know raves about it (and I mean everyone), but I just do not get it at all (and I like a lot of stuff that is generally considered awful).

Absolutely agree about On The Road and Catcher In The Rye. And now my pet hate (and I hesitate to say this): Meryl Streep.

edited for spelling clarity

_________________
Everyone turns into Boo Radley, if they live long enough ~ seitanicverses


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18878
Location: Cliffbar NJ
linanil wrote:
Oh and I guess Daniel Craig is Ok? I mean, I don't find him disgusting. I'd say the same for Christian Bale. I don't view either of them as anything special.

And then there are pies. Sure you fill it with yummy stuff but then you put it in a crust. I just want the yummy stuff.

Frosting. Frosting is getting in the way of my cake.

Coffee. Sure you keep me caffeinated but you taste like crepe. Then you add flavored stuff, then you taste like flavored crepe. If you have enough soy and sugar to cover the taste, its ok. I'd rather have a strongly flavored chai.


All this and you don't like the Princess Bride too?

Its like we're the exact opposite people.

I love crust, frosting, coffee, Princess Bride and Daniel Craig. We could be like Jack Sprat and his wife.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Things that are terribly overrated
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8474
Location: Maryland/DC area
Tofulish wrote:
linanil wrote:
Oh and I guess Daniel Craig is Ok? I mean, I don't find him disgusting. I'd say the same for Christian Bale. I don't view either of them as anything special.

And then there are pies. Sure you fill it with yummy stuff but then you put it in a crust. I just want the yummy stuff.

Frosting. Frosting is getting in the way of my cake.

Coffee. Sure you keep me caffeinated but you taste like crepe. Then you add flavored stuff, then you taste like flavored crepe. If you have enough soy and sugar to cover the taste, its ok. I'd rather have a strongly flavored chai.


All this and you don't like the Princess Bride too?

Its like we're the exact opposite people.

I love crust, frosting, coffee, Princess Bride and Daniel Craig. We could be like Jack Sprat and his wife.


We are :) How do you feel about pasta?

Pasta/Noodles. I eat you because my husband really likes you but if I never ate pasta, I'd be perfectly happy. (There are some minor exceptions to this like Chow Fun)

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer