| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:37 am 
Offline
Inflexitarian
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:10 pm
Posts: 751
Location: Virginia, USA
A thread of "no common sense". No names unless it's yourself, let's not be mean ya'll.

So no common sense around here..everybody still has yard signs out in the middle of the forking hurricane! Don't think it's likely people will think "Gee, this nice political sign landed on my car/through my window, let me vote for this candidate now!"

(Every candidate has said not to do this..)

_________________
Geeks make the world go 'round

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8381
Location: Brasil
i could fill this thread..... mostly with things that my lovely neighbor does.

Like throw her trash on the ground in front of her house, and then complain about trash on the ground since every dog in the world comes, rips it apart, and scatters it (much into my yard as well). Um, get a trash holder, lady!! Except "they're expensive", so she doesn't.
Also, mailboxes are apparently expensive as well, so she has none; every month she comes snarking around to my gate asking if by some chance we have her water bill. No, why would I have your water bill? Look in the trash in front of your yard, where the hell is the water lady supposed to leave it if you have no mailbox???

I feel your pain on the signage Shanti- our second round elections were yesterday and i can't wait to see all the signs GONE. We've had a few massive storms during the campaign and many people got hurt from flying crepe a few weeks ago (lots of sandwich board type signs here that could hurt you pretty bad).

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 am 
Offline
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am
Posts: 2142
Location: Munich, finally!
Ok this is not a big one, but why oh why do people who bike slowly cut on the right of the line at the red light so they are in front of the pack that bikes quickly, forcing everyone to pass them, only to cut on the right at the next light? Why don't you just stay at the back of the line and let the others bike first? This happens all.the.time.

_________________
I dunno, I guess I just get enthused over eating big ol' squishy balls. - Interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:53 am 
Offline
Tofu Pup

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 am
Posts: 14
Location: Indiana
The lady who made a left turn across 3 lanes of traffic from the far right lane and almost got me killed....

_________________
-Sullyn

I became Vegan for health reasons. I AM 100% for the ethical treatment of animals. But-I won't lie about, or apologize for, why I made this lifestyle change.
Organically, Me

Why did the tofu cross the road?
To prove he wasn't chicken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4177
Location: the Eug
I could write a book about the things that happen in my office.

A coworker brings her dog. Who is a dog and therefore bored in the office. So he acts out. She does not understand why he only gets into the garbage at work. Or why he only chases after people at work.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3998
Location: Edinburgh
Most of my co-workers don't know how to plug in the conferencing phone (which is the same as plugging in a regular phone), even when they're the ones who took it out in the first place.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm 
Offline
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 5465
Location: United States of New England
Shanti wrote:

So no common sense around here..everybody still has yard signs out in the middle of the forking hurricane! Don't think it's likely people will think "Gee, this nice political sign landed on my car/through my window, let me vote for this candidate now!"

(Every candidate has said not to do this..)


ive been thinking about this all today and yesterday! so many people still have their signs up!
if a Scott Brown or Mitt Romney sign breaks through my window and stabs me in the eye im gonna be PISSED!

_________________
Unimpressed Baby Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3659
Location: Nashville, TN
torque wrote:
i could fill this thread..... mostly with things that my lovely neighbor does.

Like throw her trash on the ground in front of her house, and then complain about trash on the ground since every dog in the world comes, rips it apart, and scatters it (much into my yard as well). Um, get a trash holder, lady!! Except "they're expensive", so she doesn't.
Also, mailboxes are apparently expensive as well, so she has none; every month she comes snarking around to my gate asking if by some chance we have her water bill. No, why would I have your water bill? Look in the trash in front of your yard, where the hell is the water lady supposed to leave it if you have no mailbox???

I feel your pain on the signage Shanti- our second round elections were yesterday and i can't wait to see all the signs GONE. We've had a few massive storms during the campaign and many people got hurt from flying crepe a few weeks ago (lots of sandwich board type signs here that could hurt you pretty bad).


My brief experience with Brazil was that nothing anyone ever did made any sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:08 pm 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8381
Location: Brasil
That about sums it up, creep!! And I live where things actually work, compared with the rest of the country.....

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm
Posts: 72
People who stop in the middle of the street/shopping aisle and have a convo, holding up the rest of us. Those with trolleys who seem to have it as their mission in life to try and run me over. The incredibly rude man who wanted so much of the pavement that he shoved me into a wall. the Drivers who can't live for a 10 min drive without their mobile phones, even though it's illegal. The stupid twonks who put their 5 and 6 year olds in buggies 'because they're tired'. My neighbours who refuse to put their rubbish in the bin PROVIDED FOR FREE BY THE COUNCIL and then complain that the foxes have ripped it open. My neighbours who can't understand why I'm peased at them after they have kept me awake all night with their forking tv at full forking blast.

Just had to share.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:57 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:45 pm
Posts: 285
Location: Oregon
Not just during the holiday madhouses stores become, but what is it with people shopping and backing up, or suddenly swinging their cart around in a busy store without looking behind them? My best friend does this all the time, and where I work someone is always backing into me suddenly. Do they drive this way too?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:38 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 8381
Location: Brasil
someone tried to pass me (driving) on my left yesterday. As if it were a one-way street. At a T intersection where we had to turn right or left. Calm as a cucumber.
A tow truck trying to turn right into the lane where this bozo was came to a careening stop just before smashing the bejeezus out of him. Said bozo then refused to back up and get out of the way so that the tow truck, which just chose not to kill him though he could have, could proceed. Turned into an argument about why he shouldn't have to back up. WHY PEEPLEZ SO STUPID/this is why brazilians make awesome racecar drivers

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:49 am 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19202
Location: Cliffbar NJ
The last line made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Thank you.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:49 am 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19202
Location: Cliffbar NJ
The last line made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Thank you.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: NC
My husband got stuck in line last night behind a woman with four teenage guys (one presumably her son) and four cases of beer. Three of the guys stood off in front of the register looking sketchy while one kid went through line with her. When the cashier refused to sell to her, drama ensued and management and customer service people had to pile on while she tried to convince them that the beer was for her and her husband. Pay no mind to the kids in the corner...Moral of the story, if you're buying a ton of alcohol for teenage kids (not the best of ideas, anyway) at least have the sense to leave them in the car or have them go stand outside while you pay. Or you know, just not buy them alcohol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 pm
Posts: 1217
Location: Alberta, Canada
People who drive with an animal in their lap, and on top of that they have the window down and the animal is sticking its head out. Ugh! That really grinds my gears. Hey jackass, as much as you claim to love your little snooky wooky, what the hell do you think is going to happen to that animal if you have to slam on the breaks or if you get in an accident?

_________________
The Vegan Cookbook Aficionado

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2391
Maggie Muggins wrote:
People who drive with an animal in their lap, and on top of that they have the window down and the animal is sticking its head out. Ugh! That really grinds my gears. Hey jackass, as much as you claim to love your little snooky wooky, what the hell do you think is going to happen to that animal if you have to slam on the breaks or if you get in an accident?


I was in an accident earlier this year involving dogs. Stupid lady was eating and FEEDING HER DOGS (who were unsecured in the backseat) KFC chicken, didn't notice me in front of her, and rear-ended me. Everything was fine, no damage but I just wanted to scream at her for being so stupid and putting her animals, herself and others at risk like this.

Car accident because you are too busy feeding your DOGS CHICKEN?

Ugh. No common sense. I am not a violent person, but I wanted to bitchslap this lady. Just a little.

The dogs were adorable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Common Sense
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm
Posts: 72
Chicki wrote:
Maggie Muggins wrote:
People who drive with an animal in their lap, and on top of that they have the window down and the animal is sticking its head out. Ugh! That really grinds my gears. Hey jackass, as much as you claim to love your little snooky wooky, what the hell do you think is going to happen to that animal if you have to slam on the breaks or if you get in an accident?


I was in an accident earlier this year involving dogs. Stupid lady was eating and FEEDING HER DOGS (who were unsecured in the backseat) KFC chicken, didn't notice me in front of her, and rear-ended me. Everything was fine, no damage but I just wanted to scream at her for being so stupid and putting her animals, herself and others at risk like this.

Car accident because you are too busy feeding your DOGS CHICKEN?

Ugh. No common sense. I am not a violent person, but I wanted to bitchslap this lady. Just a little.

The dogs were adorable.



She deserved a slap for buying KFC, even pregan I thought it was minging. Seen the ads? No one wears gloves!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lilyyw, pixel and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer