| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cute and comfy flats?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i've decided i need more flats in my life. i've spent too long relying on loafers or boots in the winter (and sandals in the summer), and my flats wardrobe is woefully inadequate.

i have a cute pair of canvas peeptoe flats (by american eagle, purchased at payless) that are comfy at first, but not after a whole day, and so i'm asking you, ppk: what are your favorite adorable *and* comfy flats? ideally i'm looking for something i can wear with jeans or dress pants, or even a skirt (like i did with the peeptoe flats yesterday, yay!)... i'm pretty flexible because i don't really know what i'm looking for. if you have favorites, please share them with me!

Post subject: Re: cute and comfy flats?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I have some satin Calvin Klein ballet flats. They don't have the most support, but are actual reasonable enough for me to wear since they are close to no shoes at all. I've seen them for reasonable prices on Zappos. They do last/wear well; I've had mine for a few years, and Pre-last back surgery wore them all the time and they still look new.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:24 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I have a pair of black H&M ballet flats. I can walk forever in them and they look good with just about anything: jeans, slacks, skirt, shorts. But I'm lucky to not need a shoe with support. I also have a red lacy pair of ballet flats that I bough at the Chocolate Shoe Box on a trip to Seattle. I love them, but have to coordinate and wear something else red or they look out of place. And because they are lacy, they look a little more dressy than the plain black ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I've had a lot of success with the steve madden patent pleather flats (the most basic, plain ones). They're always on sale at dsw and come in a million colors (be careful because they come in both fake and real leather). They're not super comfy for the first couple of wears (I get blisters on my heels), but once they're broken in (maybe 3 or 4 wears), it's like you're not even wearing shoes (no support so I add an insole, but they're very light and flexible).

I also like some of old navy's flats. They're a mixed bag, but the fake "pony hair" pointy toe flats they've had recently are cushy like slippers on the inside and didn't need any breaking in to be comfortable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I saw a brand called Arcopedico on Zappo's that has some vegan flats that look super comfy. I'm always in the market for new shoes this time of year.
I actually like a pair of ballet flats I got at Target that were the xhiliration brand. They had a tag that said "sox" on the inside. I'm not sure what that means, but they were man made and pretty breathable. Stretchy enough to accomodate my wide feet as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:08 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

thanks you guys, these are all really good leads! now i just need to carve out some time to go flats-shopping.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I have a lot of ballet flats because I wear them pretty much all the time. I buy cheap ones from Old Navy, Payless, and/or Target; that way I don't spend a lot of $$ or feel too bad when they wear out because I can just buy a few more pairs without breaking the bank. I also HATE shopping, so I generally buy them online!

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=55147#urlPageId=0&style=55148

http://www.target.com/sb/flats-shoes-women/-/N-5xtcxZ5ewil#?lnk=lnav_t_spc_1_2_0

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com