| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The playground Holiday gift thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Thanks for the tips on the Green Trucks...I think we may have a winner for Christmas!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ariann wrote:
I forgot! We bought some magnetic primer and chalkboard paint and are going to paint a little bit of our livingroom wall for magnet/chalk play. Not really a holiday gift, but an idea!

We've lived in this apartment for six and a half years and this is going to be our first painting project. I guess this means we're signing a new lease next month.

That sounds so awesome! If you do it right before the holidays, you could put a big bow on it if you wanted it to be a gift. Either way, that's so cool! ..Maybe one day I'll do that too, but we're not sure how long we're staying in this apartment. Might be a while though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 pm 
Chip Strong

Ada also really likes the green recycling truck. The only thing is that for some reason the wheels don't turn on the hardwood...only the rug. She just pushes it around anyway though!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

sashi wrote:
Ada also really likes the green recycling truck. The only thing is that for some reason the wheels don't turn on the hardwood...only the rug. She just pushes it around anyway though!

Oh that's strange. Silas' works fine on our tile. Kind of wish it didn't some days, after its barreled down the hallway 20 times in a row! Haha.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:18 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm really excited about making stuffed animals for the new babies in my life. I wish any of them were old enough to want a TARDIS because I would design one that unfolds when it opens, so it is bigger on the inside.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:29 am 

Oops I just bought another thing while looking for ideas for the grandparents/uncle to give him:

It is an electric car station for his train table!! There was only 1 left in stock and I couldn't resist. (although now it says 4 left. scam! I'm sure his grandma will be happy to give it to him though)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:41 am 
Built this city on rock and roll

Aubade wrote:
Btw for anyone considering getting duplos, I highly recommend the book sets. I got kai the catepillar set for his birthday and he looooves it. He can't quite build the bugs yet but he can pick out the right blocks by looking at the pics, then when I help him put it together he holds it up to the pic in the book and plays with them. It really gets a lot of use. There is also a car set and a farm.

I thought this was so cute! I checked if it is available in Germany and we got this today for our daughter (for Christmas). Thank you for the tip!

We are also getting this Haba ball track:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:24 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Samuel:
- Custom-made play mat of our own neighborhood with 2 sticker sheets to add signs and hot spot locations around here.
http://www.neededwanted.com/index.php?m ... ducts_id=1
- Mr.Pencil game for his LeapPad
- Annie&Clarabel trains from the Thomas Take n Play sets
- And some stocking stuffers I still need to get

Elijah:
- Because he will only be 2m old, I think it will mostly be clothes and gifts from others

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

stuckunderhere wrote:
Samuel:
- Custom-made play mat of our own neighborhood with 2 sticker sheets to add signs and hot spot locations around here.
http://www.neededwanted.com/index.php?m ... ducts_id=1

That is so cool!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:43 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

yep and I plan to slowly add the Plan city toys as the your goes by :)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:55 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I forgot the best gift (also not holiday related, but awesome). My husband is installing two light fixtures in our living room and decided to have them attached to a switch (this is all very complicated as it's an apartment and we can't go into the walls to do this properly so all the wiring is outside of the walls covered by protectors). He installed the switch at Malka height so now she has a real switch to play with. She is IN LOVE with it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:13 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Ariann wrote:
He installed the switch at Malka height so now she has a real switch to play with. She is IN LOVE with it.

Ha ha ha ha, that is awesome. I bet the Magician would love that. When E was maybe 15 months old, he realized he could climb up on a chair and reach the light switch in one room in our house, and he used to stand there sometimes for 30 or 40 minutes, just flipping it on and off, on and off.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey loves the light switches too, I have to hold him while he does it. I need to put a chair or something near a light switch.

I need to be better about not just giving grey stuff as we get it. Yesterday we got a wooden chair for Hm that can also be used as a stool. My neighbor has a wood shop and makes them, even better it was free! I am thinking to get him a wooden train set, a green toys truck and maybe some town things for the train set. He is really liking trains right now.

We got him a strider bike over the summer, before he could even walk! I think it is the KTM model, anyway, he is already starting to get the hang of it. Yeah, we are those parents.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:23 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yeah, she was making us hold her up to the switch for freaking ever to play with them (don't trust her standing on chairs now, because she tries to get down and pulls them on herself or causes other mayhem).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 am 

The light switch is awesome! F hasn't figured out how to work ours yet, but she is very interested.

Love the map too!

And the ball track is on our short list. Baby G has one and when we're there, freya loves it. The mom says that there's another oft-visiting baby that likes it too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 am 
Semen Strong

Ecomom is doing their Green Friday sales!
http://www.ecomom.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm 
And you never will.

We visited my grandparents in Fort Worth last week for Thanksgiving, and we couldn't resist a trip to IKEA since we don't have one within 350 miles of us here. A friend of ours gave us an awesome train table a couple of months ago that has just been living in poopiebaby's room with nothing on it, so we were really excited to pick up this wooden train set (along with extra track and tunnels and trains) for it:

That same friend also gave us about 2 dozen books his kids had grown out of, so I think I might just wrap up some of the ones poopiebaby hasn't seen yet to put under the tree (is that terrible?).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

a word of warning about the natural wood railway tracks: ours gets completely covered in mold every time we get a decent amount of rain :( it is such a pain in the asparagus to clean.

we are getting mr 4 a kids telescope, kids' walkie-talkies, a backpack (can you tell he's into "exploring"?) and the kids' version of the boardgame "sequence"
we are getting zaf one of these Image
and i am making her a rag doll and something else which i haven't figured out yet...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:34 pm 
And you never will.

❀madam dahlia❀ wrote:
a word of warning about the natural wood railway tracks: ours gets completely covered in mold every time we get a decent amount of rain :( it is such a pain in the asparagus to clean.

Oh no! I hope that doesn't happen to ours! We live in a very humid area (we're practically on the banks of the Mississippi river) - thanks for the warning :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:55 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My sister just had a baby boy last week. I'm so excited to be an auntie! I guess a month-old baby isn't going to care too much about holiday gifts, but I want to get something for him. Any ideas?

Also, anyone have any suggestions for gifts for my sister? I want to get her something that is specifically for her, not for the baby, because I have a feeling people are going to be giving her a lot of baby-related stuff as gifts. What would you have liked as a gift one month after giving birth? She had a C-section and is breastfeeding...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

pixel wrote:
What would you have liked as a gift one month after giving birth? She had a C-section and is breastfeeding...

bamboobies! http://www.buybamboobies.com/Breast-Pad-Day.html

and a shower hug! http://www.amazon.com/Belmama-Cherub-Sh ... shower+hug

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm 

poopiebitch wrote:
❀madam dahlia❀ wrote:

Oh no! I hope that doesn't happen to ours! We live in a very humid area (we're practically on the banks of the Mississippi river) - thanks for the warning :/

Really? That seems odd. Dumb question, do you keep it outside? My area is pretty humid in the summer, but we got an awesome set from freecycle this summer and haven't had a problem. Kai looooves his trains! I think he gets more obsessed with them each day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 am 
Nooch of Earl

So I don't think it would be available for this Christmas, but maybe for next year or birthdays or whatever... A fellow alumnus of my high school is fundraising to manufacture a new toy that looked interesting to me: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/547 ... lding-toy/

I don't get any kickback, he's not a close friend, just posting because I thought it was unique and interesting for the right kid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That's really cool, annak. Years ago, Shae made something like this out of cardboard for him little hexbug nanos. He spent all day building it, then his friends all had so much fun with it. I think hexbugs make something similiar now (but not as awesome as the mazeomotion!) for the bugs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 am 
Married to the wolfman

poopiebitch wrote:
❀madam dahlia❀ wrote:

Huh, weird. We have a ton of trains and tracks and live in a pretty moist area... and we've never noticed any sort of mold on the tracks. Ours are a big mishmash of different brands and stuff though.

I figured out what I'm getting E (3) for Christmas. A bathrobe! Dude needs to graduate from the hooded baby towel. Yeah, I'm that mom now.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next