| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Best series
Original 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Next Generation 64%  64%  [ 46 ]
Deep Space Nine 11%  11%  [ 8 ]
Voyager 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Enterprise 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Make my Gene, Parmesan. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 72
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 am 
Inflexitarian

This came up in the Skype chat the other day; one of my favourite Trek moments of any series.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:29 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:16 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Q is so whiny!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Have you guys seen this blog? It's my new favourite thing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm really starting to realize how truly, truly sexy Cardassians are. Oh man... Gul Dukat! Dreamy. Especially when...
Spoiler: show
he goes crazy after his daughter dies.

Man DS9 is so great. Omg and Sisko in that 1950's episode with the gold glasses?! Hot hot hot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I just started DS9 last week. Liking it a lot so far!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:19 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I used to have a weird crush on Worf and Data. Riker never floated my boat.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I still have a crush on Worf! Kilingons are hot!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I just saw some of Insurrection, I forgot how moral and smug STNG could be.. and all those references to shakespear and gilbert and sulivan, made me cringe.

Worf is still hot indeed :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:29 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Cut for spoiler (DS9 S6 finale)
NOOOOOOOO JADZIA WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO DIE NOOOO NOOOO NOOOOO!!!

sob sob sob sob sob

I feel like Star Trek just Whedoned me. NOT OKAY!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:51 am 

Response to CQ's spoiler
Apparently the actress got cocky and got a role on some other show, she thought it would launch her career or something. It didn't.

It's okay though because it leaves Worf available for all the mens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:49 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Mars wrote:
It's okay though because it leaves Worf available for all the mens.

But it was one of those incredibly rare occasions where I actually was 100% in favor of an ostensibly hetero pairing!

And, speaking of ostensibly hetero pairings,
the Odo/Kira thing is not working for me. It is neither believable nor engaging as a storyline. Odo pining away unrequitedly was far more interesting to watch.

Oh, and while we're (sort of) on the subject of gender identity issues in DS9,
the Ferengi sex change episode was so cliched and obnoxious. I was so excited when I realized what was going to happen because I was like, wow, it's Star Trek, I bet they will do something clever and creative with a sex change storyline! and sure enough THEY DID NOT AND IT MADE ME UNHAPPY.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:26 am 

choirqueer wrote:
the Odo/Kira thing is not working for me. It is neither believable nor engaging as a storyline. Odo pining away unrequitedly was far more interesting to watch.

Meee tooooooo.
choirqueer wrote:
the Ferengi sex change episode was so cliched and obnoxious. I was so excited when I realized what was going to happen because I was like, wow, it's Star Trek, I bet they will do something clever and creative with a sex change storyline! and sure enough THEY DID NOT AND IT MADE ME UNHAPPY.

wait, I was typing a response and then I remembered there are two sort of sex changey ferengi episodes. You probably meant the one where Quark gets a sex change yeah? Or the one with the totally trans ftm ferengi?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Haha, this thread is full of awesome! I have so much to respond to...

First of all,

Favorite Series: Probably DS9, I liked how dark it was, on the outskirts of the federation, no protection, no supplies, no funding. The federation didn’t care about them until the wormhole appeared, then they were all “You’ve always been our favorite! Still no funding though” I liked how they had to do back room deals with shady aliens to get things done. I also loved the war aspect; it made everything seem slightly more realistic IMO. I also like how they approached religion with the prophets.

Favorite Character: Shran! Haha, he cracks me up and still always does the right thing.

Favorite alien species: Andorians, they are so passionate about everything... and their antennae are awesome lol.

Favorite episode: The Inner Light.... not gonna lie, I teared up.

Favorite Villain: The Borg, the thought of fighting them IRL is terrifying. And everything is sexier in black latex with lasers! Close second would be Dukat...the mustard responsible for the single most devastating moment of the whole franchise...The Jem’hadar are also scary, but less so than the Borg. The Jem’hadar will kill you, the Borg with assimilate you.

Favorite Movie: The Undiscovered country... It is the first one I remember seeing in the theaters...

I like Miles O’brien. He is one of the best engineers in existence but his attitude and problem with authority have ruined his chances of advancement and relegated him to a Deep Space Station on the outskirts of Federation Space. I liked how his demeanor irritated me until they went into his past and explained it. They pulled off a representation of long term PTSD pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:43 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

brian wrote:
Thessaly wrote:
But I can't help but cringe when I think of things like Tuvix...

Don't forget the episode where they go too fast and Janeway and Paris turn into lizard slugs because that's the future of humanity! Oh, Voyager. You're the forking worst.

Haha, I can understand what they were going for... When you cross the warp threshhold into warp 10 you simultaneously exist everywhere at once as everything. So when you come back to normal space it caused a rapid evolution that for some reason circled back to the beginning and started again. I am in no way defending the awfulness of the episode, just stating that I understand the aim lol... also dont forget that Janeway and Paris had offspring.... that was the moment that made me pause the episode and go outside lol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

SpiceMiner wrote:

Was the the soaring flute solo that did it?

I love DS9 so much but some of the non-arc episodes are so very bad! It's like, hey, we've got these awesome plot lines going about the dominion and bajoran internal politics but we're going to take a several episode detour to watch the paint dry.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:38 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Thessaly wrote:
SpiceMiner wrote:

I love DS9 so much but some of the non-arc episodes are so very bad! It's like, hey, we've got these awesome plot lines going about the dominion and bajoran internal politics but we're going to take a several episode detour to watch the paint dry.

yeah, imagine the weight of what just happened to him. (spoiler in case people havent seen the episode)
the trauma of losing your ship and crew, being concinced that youre crazy and imagined it all, then making a life for yourself, falling in love, having kids, then watching your people all die and your new planet is destroyed after living a lifetime with them only to discover that it was all an illusion... an illusion that you lived every day of.... that would have destroyed a lesser man than Picard...Its similar to the episode in DS9 when Miles is given the momory of all of those years in prison, except arguably more positive lol. Intense stuff :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Thessaly wrote:

haha its like they took vacations.... Im tired of all of this war, I know you really want to know what happened with that cliffhanger from last episode, but were going to play baseball then see what quark is up to instead!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:48 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

SpiceMiner wrote:
Thessaly wrote:
SpiceMiner wrote:

yeah, imagine the weight of what just happened to him. (spoiler in case people havent seen the episode)
the trauma of losing your ship and crew, being concinced that youre crazy and imagined it all, then making a life for yourself, falling in love, having kids, then watching your people all die and your new planet is destroyed after living a lifetime with them only to discover that it was all an illusion... an illusion that you lived every day of.... that would have destroyed a lesser man than Picard...Its similar to the episode in DS9 when Miles is given the momory of all of those years in prison, except arguably more positive lol. Intense stuff :)

I hate that DS9 episode with Miles in the memory prison! For some reason I hate scenarios that aren't really happening, which is funny since none of it is *really* happening.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:54 pm 
A Bad Person

Oh, I completely forgot that this thread exists!

I finally watched all of Enterprise. It wasn't as shiitake as some people made it out to be. The entire third season though? I could've skipped that. I really enjoyed how the Andorians were portrayed as kind of the opposite of the Vulcans, and that the Vulcans weren't the friendly space elves they've always been.

I've totally got tickets for next week's TNG Season 2 movie theater event! The two episodes are "Measure of a Man" and "Q Who?" and they're fantastic. Way better than the season one episodes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:11 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Mars wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

Meee tooooooo.
choirqueer wrote:

wait, I was typing a response and then I remembered there are two sort of sex changey ferengi episodes. You probably meant the one where Quark gets a sex change yeah? Or the one with the totally trans ftm ferengi?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the earlier one! I meant the Quark sex change one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:19 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I used to get really annoyed by the "not really happening" episodes, especially the holodeck ones...but the concept has grown on me and I've come to like it when it's done well.

I hate how much they fork with Miles's head on DS9 though. So many of his episodes are like, let's see how much complete and total psychological assault we can put this guy through! and I just don't enjoy that. I feel the same way when they do it to Spock; the one episode of TOS that I will not watch again is "Plato's Stepchildren"...I know it's supposed to be funny, but it's just not that funny to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:24 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

brian wrote:
I finally watched all of Enterprise. It wasn't as shiitake as some people made it out to be. The entire third season though? I could've skipped that. I really enjoyed how the Andorians were portrayed as kind of the opposite of the Vulcans, and that the Vulcans weren't the friendly space elves they've always been.

I loved Enterprise, especially their attempt to explain everything, like explaining why Klingons had no forehead ridges in TOS, and why Dr. Soong created Data lol... I loved it until the final episode, the final episode was complete and utter garbage.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Also, another thing I liked about DS9 lol, Quark is the first person in all of the series to admit what a holodeck would really be used for :) Which also led to one of those magical things that cant be unseen. Kiras body with Quarks head lol...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:43 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I can't believe no one has mentioned how hot seven of nine is. That is pretty much the extent of my knowledge of star trek...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next