| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:38 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4640
Dr. Apricot wrote:
torque wrote:
hehe, pigeons are overrated!! seagulls all the way


Done and done.

Hahaaa! Bestest.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10188
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Yeah, and the mods all do this on a voluntary basis, and not for their own egos. It is a very minor thing that Mo closed that thread, and she just did it to keep the PPK a bit less fighty. I understand the confusion since that wasn't a particularly snarky thread, but Mo's been around long enough to know that it might have been heading there. I'm not trying to kiss Mo's asparagus (though I would, she is a wonderful person), just remember to keep some perspective here. I think in general all the mods want the PPK to be mostly drama free--flouncing is hilarious, but talking about everything we hate just becomes...hateful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7911
Location: Brasil
i'm thoroughly happy with this outcome. thanks, Mo, for making this all possible.

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:42 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
I <3 the UK PPKers for turning this into a thread about pie and seagulls.

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:51 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4640
Seagull pies are overrated.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
interrobang?! wrote:
Seagull pies are overrated.

But are they vegan?

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7150
Location: bindlestiff
Jonathan Livingston I presume?

_________________
Ovoids=not vegan --invictus

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12051
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
I ate too much to wear blue jeans right now.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:36 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 pm
Posts: 1018
Location: East Tennessee!
Vantine wrote:
I <3 the UK PPKers for turning this into a thread about pie and seagulls.


Let's be clear. The ppkers turned this into a thread about shiitake.

Team pigeon!

_________________
Animals are my friends--and I don't eat my friends.
~ George Bernard Shaw


"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
The UK PPKers were talking about seagulls and pie on Barry Island. The Americans decided to talk shiitake. That's how we roll, yo.

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:06 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 pm
Posts: 1018
Location: East Tennessee!
America #1! We take it to the next level.

_________________
Animals are my friends--and I don't eat my friends.
~ George Bernard Shaw


"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:12 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 am
Posts: 1803
Location: rva
torque wrote:
i'm thoroughly happy with this outcome. thanks, Mo, for making this all possible.


indeed! torque, i laughed out loud at your new title. i <3 it! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:53 pm 
Offline
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10381
Location: Illinoize
Veg_Eric wrote:
fezza wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
Oh great. Now this thread is going to devolve into the battle between shitters in one spot or random opportunity shitters.

Where is Dr. Suess?


I prefer to just shiitake in my own loo... wait.. I... oh...


My view on poo:

Image


I really need this sign for work, because based on the constant state of the toilet, the second one is how my boss shiitakes.

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 1473
Location: In the land of Druids and Moonrakers
Vantine wrote:
The UK PPKers were talking about seagulls and pie on Barry Island. The Americans decided to talk shiitake. That's how we roll, yo.

If this weren't so bloody long, I'd sig you so hard. You've got to learn to be sparser in your prose for my benefit.

_________________
Cake is always the appropriate intervention. - choirqueer
We are here to discuss the gender politics of cats, not your mommy issues. - Expired Sanity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:43 am 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
mrsbadmouth wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:
My view on poo:

Image


I really need this sign for work, because based on the constant state of the toilet, the second one is how my boss shiitakes.

Many years ago, when I worked at a coffee shop, I had to clean a clear number 2's number 2, but the really baffling thing was that there was shiitake all over the hinge of the toilet seat. Like, the person had lifted the seat and then aimed their asparagus where the seat hinges. So forking weird and gross. And it was, how you say, explosive.

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:42 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7911
Location: Brasil
pandacookie wrote:
Jonathan Livingston I presume?

omg ^falls off chair^

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:18 am 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 am
Posts: 115
Location: Kessel, Outer rim
j-dub wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:
My view on poo:

Image


I really need this sign for work, because based on the constant state of the toilet, the second one is how my boss shiitakes.

Many years ago, when I worked at a coffee shop, I had to clean a clear number 2's number 2, but the really baffling thing was that there was shiitake all over the hinge of the toilet seat. Like, the person had lifted the seat and then aimed their asparagus where the seat hinges. So forking weird and gross. And it was, how you say, explosive.


Stuff like this happens where I work too... In the employee bathroom I am amazed everyday when I walk in and see the new place that someone managed to get poo... most of it appears accidental but Im certain that some of it is intentional... it is also frequently on the actual seat with shoe prints near it, meaning someone stood on the seat to poo.... I want to find the people (more than one, ive found different size shoe prints) who do this and ask them why they do it, and also how they do it without pooping on their shoes...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 am 
Offline
Seagull of the PPK
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 7911
Location: Brasil
it's really common to see signs here with "do not stand on seat". lately lots of horrible photos circulating about "don't stand on seat or you'll die". (apparently if the bowl breaks its sharp as glass and can cut you horribly)
people stand on the seat if they think it's not clean or sanitary to sit on (in many poorer places in the world toilets don't usually have seats, just the bowl, which makes a bit more sense although i still would never want to stand on the bowl and squat.)
regarding mechanics.......
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

_________________
Buddha says 'Meh'.--matwinser
I'm just a drunk who likes fruit. -- Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:49 am 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 am
Posts: 115
Location: Kessel, Outer rim
torque wrote:
it's really common to see signs here with "do not stand on seat". lately lots of horrible photos circulating about "don't stand on seat or you'll die". (apparently if the bowl breaks its sharp as glass and can cut you horribly)
people stand on the seat if they think it's not clean or sanitary to sit on (in many poorer places in the world toilets don't usually have seats, just the bowl, which makes a bit more sense although i still would never want to stand on the bowl and squat.)
regarding mechanics.......
Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


It makes a lot more sense now, thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:42 am 
Offline
Thinks chickens are assholes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 5596
I think the shiitake in strange places is due to not watching where they throw the used toilet paper (gags a bit), some people seem to throw it at the toilet instead of in it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:43 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3561
Location: It's hot. All the time.
Ruby Rose wrote:
Vantine wrote:
The UK PPKers were talking about seagulls and pie on Barry Island. The Americans decided to talk shiitake. That's how we roll, yo.

If this weren't so bloody long, I'd sig you so hard. You've got to learn to be sparser in your prose for my benefit.

Noted! So much pressure...

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:11 am 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 am
Posts: 115
Location: Kessel, Outer rim
fezza wrote:
I think the shiitake in strange places is due to not watching where they throw the used toilet paper (gags a bit), some people seem to throw it at the toilet instead of in it.

This reminds me of a drunken discussion with my friends at a festival about whether it was correct to wipe while standing or sitting... there are two distinct opinions and people are very adamant that their way is the only correct way... I never thought a convo about bathroom procedures could get so heated...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7820
Location: Seattle
SpiceMiner wrote:
fezza wrote:
I think the shiitake in strange places is due to not watching where they throw the used toilet paper (gags a bit), some people seem to throw it at the toilet instead of in it.

This reminds me of a drunken discussion with my friends at a festival about whether it was correct to wipe while standing or sitting... there are two distinct opinions and people are very adamant that their way is the only correct way... I never thought a convo about bathroom procedures could get so heated...

There's a thread about that somewhere around here!

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
I honestly was pretty surprised it was closed. The thread got like six pages worth of posts within 24 hours. So it seems a little disingenuous to say it was closed because it was "boring." Obviously it wasn't boring to everyone. But whatever. It's just a thread. I'm over it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Closing of threads - the overrated thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:43 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:14 pm
Posts: 4613
Location: Bowels of California
JonnyWoop wrote:
I honestly was pretty surprised it was closed. The thread got like six pages worth of posts within 24 hours. So it seems a little disingenuous to say it was closed because it was "boring." Obviously it wasn't boring to everyone. But whatever. It's just a thread. I'm over it.

I didn't mean the actual thread. I mean the topic. If I wasn't so lazy right now, I'd do a search for something similar because I know there is another thread on this thing that focuses on stuff like that. Mostly, it's the inevitable back and forth that I didn't want to deal with. It was already happening. Somebody posts that something is overrated. Another person posts how they love that exact same thing. And the cycle continues.

If anybody else has any problems with me closing it, please feel free to PM me about it. I don't really like to be called disingenuous or the thought police, but I promise to explain this further if needed. I really hope it's not needed, though.

_________________
Blog: Mo Betta Vegan
"I eat big bangs."-Vegimator


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer