| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1149, 1150, 1151, 1152, 1153, 1154, 1155 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:00 pm 
Chard Martyr

What if we'd made it... and been backup dancers or something?
Imagine what could've been! Imagine!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:13 pm 
Mediocre Tart

THE HORROR

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

starrynight87 wrote:
My best friend and her sister both posted that they're having the worst Thanksgiving ever, but neither is answering my texts, so I'm stuck wondering what's going on with them until she answers.

They're home now, but will have to return to the hospital tomorrow for more tests. She says they don't know what's wrong, she can't even give me a body part that they're worried about, so I have no idea how worried I should be.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:54 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

It must be a holiday... my sister is bisqueing on the internet how lonely she is. And I am fighting telling her why that may be...

Ahhhh, family.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:08 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Meggs wrote:
Perhaps it was only at the retail store I worked at... and at Sports Direct...

Just had an awesome Thanksgiving meal- best since I've been vegan (but I'm lazy and never cook for myself).
Vijita, come here next Thanksgiving!

Invitation accepted!!! A warm climate in late November and finally having Meggs hangouts? Done.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:24 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Today I was talking to my mom about my cousin's wedding and started crying because a year ago I also thought I would be getting married in 2013. Super awkward because I never cry in front of my mom, but I guess Thanksgiving is all about being uncomfortable around family?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I hate hate hate hate hate when people poke around the kitchen while I'm cooking. GET OUUUUTTTTTTT.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 pm 
Chard Martyr

vijita wrote:
Invitation accepted!!! A warm climate in late November and finally having Meggs hangouts? Done.
Yay! I'll surely have a house full of furniture by then, and I've got SO many places to take you for vegan noms. AND we can be really American and do Black Friday.

Or not.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

First Thanksgiving with my family in 8 years - survived. I lost it when my dad was cutting the turkey (the only non-vegan thing on the table) and asked me if I wanted a wing or a leg. I flipped out and yelled at him, he claimed it was a joke, and I told him that it wasn't funny 8 years ago and isn't funny now. That was the last vegan "joke" he told all day. And within about 10-15 minutes of this conversation, I was having chest wall pains. But it's subsided, we ate in peace, I got to cuddle with my wee nephew and talk to my husband, and I'm still full even though we finished eating about 5 hours ago.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I love my mother's family and I am glad I can see them on holidays, but holy shiitake they are a group of the most profoundly negative people I have ever met.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:16 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Cramps from hell. Hot water bottle not helping. I can't decide between: (more) wine, codeine, or muscle relaxant. I only had one glass earlier, so that's not a big issue.

I have to get up early to go for an MRI. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Unrelated: my family makes lousy gluttons.

Basically, we overdid the cooking this year. Mom and I just had fun menu planning and cooking, so we ended up with a lot of side dishes. We pretty much sat down, ogled everything, and said we were full. It seems like we didn't put a dent in anything. I did learn that cooked carrots are not always gross. Mom made cider glazed carrots since she likes carrots, and they were actually a big hit with the rest of us cooked carrot haters.

The birds ate stuffing, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls. They like their carbs. I tried tricking them into eating pumpkin by adding brown sugar, but it didn't work. The cockatiel gets her own little plate at the table (the other two aren't into that). Our dog would have gone into a frenzy of insane jealousy over that. Molly tried to steal wine, as usual.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:16 am 
Dead by dawn

I overdid the cooking too. It was just me, my sister and my mom, but I cooked enough for at least 8, if not more. Everyone is invited to mine next year. Side note: Desdemona's stuffing is yummm...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:24 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I had a sex dream about someone I'll probably see today. That's gonna be awkward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:33 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

With all the crazy amounts of food and so many yummy things going on, I forgot to make the tofurkey!!! Haha. I was super crazy satisfied, regardless... and I don't think it could have fit in the oven.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

fisticuffs wrote:
I had a sex dream about someone I'll probably see today. That's gonna be awkward.

I had that yesterday. I told her, and she found it super funny. Especially since the sex part of the dream was interrupted by a cameo appearance of her mother. Really, my subconscious can be such a mustard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:19 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Ha! I had a sex dream as well about a co-worker I have a crush on. Unfortunately I won't see him today and even if, I can't really tell him about it... but it was awesome.

And I came in at work at 11am, had brussel sprouts for lunch, and tonight I'll see my boyfriend again. Life is nice!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Phoenix wrote:
Really, my subconscious can be such a mustard.

Mine is a cougar apparently! This guy is 7 years my junior.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 am 
Discovered unobtainium

My wonderful dad drove me to the MRI place. Coming by myself at 7:30 would have sucked. Still waiting. Blech. I hate these so much. I used to be able to just suck it up and do them, but since the last one triggered a panic attack that lasted an entire three days, I just can't. Took a muscle relaxant so hopefully that will help and I won't fall asleep before they finally call me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:18 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hang in there, lavawitch. I hope they call you quickly.

I feel so fortunate that I had an almost all-vegan table for Thanksgiving. The 3 meat-eater kids decided they didn't need any meat - yay! My vegetarian son was amazed that the entire table was vegetarian. (The green bean casserole was the only thing that wasn't vegan) My son-in-law, who has celiac disease, had plenty of gluten-free options. And I found out that Arian Wilson (of the Houston Texans) is vegan. So, it was a really good day!

The only downer - I need a stuffing recipe. I tried to wing it, and it was horrid. It went outside to the birds. Heh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:00 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I hate having to come to work when there's absolutely nothing to do. I got up out of bed. My nice cozy, comfortable bed with my snuggly dog. To come here and shoot the shiitake with my coworkers for 8 hours?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:05 am 
Semen Strong

Good luck Lavawitch! I hope you're feeling okay and that you get good news from the MRI. If it makes you feel any better, my very brave Dad had a panic attack in an MRI and couldn't continue and I pretty much am terrible in them too. I say eat chocolate afterwards :) I got through,my last one thinking of vegan waffles at our vegfriendly diner, sans kidlet and avec beaucoup de cafe.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:20 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

lavawitch wrote:
My wonderful dad drove me to the MRI place. Coming by myself at 7:30 would have sucked. Still waiting. Blech. I hate these so much. I used to be able to just suck it up and do them, but since the last one triggered a panic attack that lasted an entire three days, I just can't. Took a muscle relaxant so hopefully that will help and I won't fall asleep before they finally call me.

Good luck lavawitch, I hope it goes as smoothly as possible and as easily as possible. (And definitely reward yourself, weren't you talking about some kind of coffee drink? I'm blanking on specifics, but you should get that) So glad you have a wonderful dad to drive you there!

At work. There's not many of us here but since I refuse to use a vacation day that really feels like it should be a company wide not-work day, I am. It's been quiet and fairly laid back. I'll be leaving early since I worked an extra 1.75 hours earlier this week! Hoorah aiming only for a 40 hour (including t-giving day off hours) work week! This almost never happens.

Also, I did about 25-30 miles of bicycling yesterday plus a 5k over flat ground (I do hill running once a week but really need to start incorporating flat running into my 'regime' as it were (biking a shiitake ton and forcing myself to get up and go to these free workouts), so I did my hill running this morning and my hips hurt and now I'm just sore everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:29 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I'm hoping all goes well, quickly, and smoothly for you Lavawitch! Report back and let us know how you are doing when it's over, if you feel up to it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good luck, LW! Hopefully you're already done by now.

I slept really badly. My parents' cat is an annoying shiitake and kept waking me up (I slept on the couch) by jumping on me and putting his paws (claws out) in my face. This is why I booked a hotel for most of the nights I'll be here. Also, I just saw three dogs running around, standing in the street, no leashes, and the owner nowhere in sight. They looked well cared-for (and also like some kind of special breed), so I'm assuming they weren't strays. I don't understand why people would be so careless with their pets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1149, 1150, 1151, 1152, 1153, 1154, 1155 ... 1858  Next