| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 240  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:33 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Fezza that's awesome!!! So happy for you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Kind of have dropped out of contact with the girl I went on a few dates with, but I think that might be largely due to the past four weeks being absolutely miserable for me and my reluctance to do any social-ing. So. I dunno. I might see if she wants to get together sometime while I'm on break.

And another super cute (and vegetarian!) girl has messaged me and we've been talking and she seems cool. She lives in the same town as my ex though, and that's about 2 hours away.

What is this with people from JUST far enough away to be annoying being so cool?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Talking with a super cool guy who is kinda like a dude version of me annnnd we live in different states. And he thinks I'm awesome. Buh.

Anyone try out that feature on OkCupid that tells you your best picture based on what you're looking for? It's pretty cool. My current picture attracts a lot of veggies, stoners, and 18-20 year old ladies and men over 30. However, it said guys from between 20 and 30, not so much. But that's what I wannnt :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:00 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Haw, he hasn't deleted his profile, his emails dropped off (the way they do when you haven't chatted for 30 days... we'd moved to email) and because his profile is hidden I couldn't see it. I told him last night I'm deleting mine. My Dad's terminal status was confirmed yesterday and his chemo starts soon. Even if it doesn't work out with veggie photographer, I'm not going to be in the mood for online dating shenanigans for a while. This feels like an actual relationship too, if it doesn't work out I'd need some time out anyhow.

He's a wee dote, came round last night and hugged the living daylights outta me, making sure to make it clear that he's always available if I'm having a rough day and need to talk to someone. I'd gotten used to doing things myself, not having any real support from my ex, so it'll take a while to get used to being with someone genuinely caring. Just having him here, with all his loveliness, really helped. T'was lovely to curl up all night with him too. I managed to sleep all night too, which I have a lot of trouble doing with anyone else in the bed. Think it's a good sign.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oooh just got a number from a real cutie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:51 am 

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, fezza. And your guy sounds lovely. Hugs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I'm also sorry to hear about your Dad, Fezza. <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 pm 

Thanks guys! xx

I deleted my POF account earlier, freeeeeeeeeeeedom!

God, I hope he doesn't dump me! I sent him off this morning with a flask full of the best spicy lentil soup I have ever tasted, never mind made, he'd be craaaaaaaaaazy to dump me after that ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

So, on a whim I switched my location on OKC to where I am moving in a couple of weeks (Montana). I think maybe I don't hate this after all...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

If you send me two messages and think you're getting my number, you're gonna have a bad time. Especially if you're 1. not in my state, 2. a homophobe (people, seriously, it says bi right on my profile, I'm not dating someone who thinks if I were to be with a girl we shouldn't raise children), and 3. not at all interested in anything I'm interested in but pretending to be (which is kinda cool but not this time).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:43 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Fezza! I'm sorry to hear about your dad :( At least you maybe found a decent guy to help life your spirits with snuggling.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 pm 

3 weeks w/my guy. He's being awesome but today my green-eyed monster reared its ugly head. I got to meet his BFF, an exotically beautiful and exceptionally smart girl who he's been friends w/for 6 years. I dropped him off after spending all night & all of the afternoon w/him today so he could go hang out w/her. I totally understand the importance of being with your friends and not having the person you're dating monopolize all of your time, but I can't help but compare myself to her & feel like the ugliest frumpiest person ever. It's not a good feeling.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:50 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

GymClassZero wrote:
If you send me two messages and think you're getting my number, you're gonna have a bad time. Especially if you're 1. not in my state, 2. a homophobe (people, seriously, it says bi right on my profile, I'm not dating someone who thinks if I were to be with a girl we shouldn't raise children), and 3. not at all interested in anything I'm interested in but pretending to be (which is kinda cool but not this time).

Ugh, this has happened to me too.

Little rant: there's a guy on OKC who will message me every 3-4 weeks. At first I messaged back, but he'd not respond until like a month later when he'd say "Sorry I never got back to you, I was dealing with some stuff, blahblah," and sometimes a complaint about another OKC girl. After like the third time it got old so I stopped responding, then like a week ago he started asking to hang out. 1: the weird flakiness-persistence combo and shit-talking about other women makes me pretty uncomfortable, and 2: he lives like an hour and a half away anyway. I (politely) told him no, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to block him. I hate how I've been socialized to feel bad about things like this.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:12 pm 

ScooterDiva wrote:
3 weeks w/my guy. He's being awesome but today my green-eyed monster reared its ugly head. I got to meet his BFF, an exotically beautiful and exceptionally smart girl who he's been friends w/for 6 years. I dropped him off after spending all night & all of the afternoon w/him today so he could go hang out w/her. I totally understand the importance of being with your friends and not having the person you're dating monopolize all of your time, but I can't help but compare myself to her & feel like the ugliest frumpiest person ever. It's not a good feeling.

If he's been seeing you for three weeks and even introducing you to his BFF, I bet he thinks you're beautiful and smart too!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 pm 

strawberryrock wrote:
If he's been seeing you for three weeks and even introducing you to his BFF, I bet he thinks you're beautiful and smart too!

+1 yummy

Also, you never know what people do and do not find attractive. I have had plenty of friends who might be considered super forkin' babes, but yet wasn't really attracted to them; and found myself pining/lusting after people not many people would agree with me that they were sexy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 am 

So this guy I got a number from and will meet with on wednesday, he told me his real name... It's the same name as the one I used for years as a pseudonym. Wiieeeeeerrd.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward, he seems like he could be a good date for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 pm 

Thanks SR & Mars. He reassured me without me having said anything.

Good luck on your date, Mars!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 am 

I had a little jealously moment too ScooterDiva, and I don't even know what she looks like, it was just enough that he was spending one of his few days off with another woman. It did make me laugh though, because I'm not used to feeling jealous, it's not my nature. I soon flipped it round to being pleased that he was getting a well deserved afternoon out.

I have to say, dating a fellow photographer and veggie is an outstanding combination. He's loving all the food I share with him and regularly sends me photos of his day. We get to chat, and chat, and chaaaaaat equipment and techniques and genuinely love each other's work.

Sunday was spent wandering the market, then coffee & vegan cake in a lovely coffee shop and home to prepare and cook dinner together. It took us about 3 hours to do, because we kept stopping to snuggle every time we tried to pass each other in the kitchen. We had big talks, feelings were declared on both sides and a joint hope for foreverness was expressed. It's all pretty sudden, but very even on both sides, so we're just going to keep on doing our do and see where it goes. It's looking promising atm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Oh my Fezza! That is so awesome! Freals, its taken tooooooo long.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 pm 

Oh fezza! I'm so happy for you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 pm 

Thanks guys, he's an absolute sweetheart and makes me stupidly happy.
One of the lovely things about it s that I knew how he felt about me without him having to say, it's always there when he looks at me, even when we're out and about doing regular things together. We bumped into a friend & a girl I didn't know on Sunday and the girl said to my friend that he looked like he was really into me. It's nice when even strangers can tell!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:21 pm 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

That's great fezza! Yay!!! You deserve a good guy!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:47 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

fezzaaaa! that's so cute and exciting :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Damn, Fezza. That's the best thing thing about my day right there. I love happy stories from people!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 pm 

Yay fezza! That's so sweet.

I guess I have a Twitter now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 240  Next