| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: Very Special Customers/Clients
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

It's really unnecessary to call me to schedule a phone meeting. Then to call at the meeting time to say you don't have time for the meeting and can you call at a different time (which, by the way, was several hours ago). All because you claim it's impossible to write your notes down on a piece of paper like everyone else does.

I'm certain the actual phone meeting will take less time than all the phone calls to set up the meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm 
Dead by dawn

I have an IRS form that I have to collect from all my borrowers, which requires their social security number. When I email them the form, I always ask them to fill it in and about half of them do (I fill in the rest.) This morning I got one faxed back to me with the social security number filled in then blacked out with a marker. So I email the guy back and say I can't use it that way, can he please reprint the form from my original email and send me a copy that's not blacked out. He says, no, that my email signature says my email isn't secure and identifying information shouldn't be sent to my email. So I pointed out that he didn't email the form to me, he faxed it, and if he's concerned about the ssn being visible, he can reprint the form, sign it and fax it to me with no ssn in the space at all. The latest email from him says, "YOUR EMAIL SAYS NOT TO SEND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND I'M JUST FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS! A [SURNAME] FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS IS TO BE CELEBRATED!" Ooooookay, then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 pm 
Semen Strong

I hate that mj! We used to have conference calls to set up conference calls. Seriously, it took so much time. And then on every conference call we'd wait for 10 mins for everyone to join (and chase down stragglers and people who couldn't remember the passcode or were calling from another country and needed to use a different dial-in) and (assuming one of the relevant players hadn't slipped off and was now unreachable) we'd talk about the same thing we'd spoken about the week before. During the call, you'd have to deal with the one guy who couldn't mute his phone so we all heard a ton of street noise and you just knew that several people were checking the internet instead of paying attention, and it was proven because they'd ask questions about stuff they would have known had they been listening. Finally, we'd spend 20 minutes setting up a time for the next call. And in the interim, no one would do anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:55 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

good grief people READ your email. It contains important information that I wouldn't have to repeat if you'd read your email and knew the answer to your question.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:37 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I forking hate that. I have to hold myself back from making some snarky smart asparagus remark about reading the last email I sent, but I seriously don't get it. You sent an email asking one question, I responded with the answer... Three days later same question. But this time with urgency!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

you might want to ask them to check their spam folder and add your e-mail to their address book. that's not completely passive aggressive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Every year my office hosts a month-long show featuring art made by incarcerated people. This year's exhibit is due to come down over the Thanksgiving holiday. Today I got this phone call.

Caller: My husband and my friend and I all drove all the way down to San Francisco for your art show on Saturday and everything was locked up!
Me: I'm very sorry, the art show is only open to the public during business hours. Nine to five, Monday through Friday.
Caller: Well, we came down on Saturday.
Me: I'm sorry you made that trip.
Caller: You should have put that on the invitation!
Me: I'm pretty sure we did put that on the invitation [in fact, I am absolutely certain we put it on the invitation, because I'm sitting two feet from a stack of the invites and I am the one who made the invite in photoshop, but I rein in my snark]. Did you get the invitation from our office, or perhaps you got an invite from someone else who left out that information?
Caller: I got it from your office, and it definitely didn't have that on it! It said 'through November 21, 9 to 5.'
Me: ... it was the flyer with [describes the flyer]?
Caller: Yes, that's it.
Me: OK, I'm looking at it right now. It reads 'Through November 21. Monday Through Friday. Nine AM to Five PM.'

It goes on like this for some while, as she insists that the days of the exhibit were not on the flyer and I reassure her that they, in fact, were. She insists on digging up her copy of the flyer, whereupon she realizes that "Mon-Fri" is clear as day, in an larger font than the other text she remembered so well. She was embarrassed, but I could tell she was also totally pissed about being embarrassed. Ha!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:24 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

A caterer we work with was a nightmare last night. She treated me like shiitake, and I overheard her talking about me about a million times. I was ONLY meant to be there to host beverages, but she forgot to bring pretty much all her dinnerware so I was washing dishes frantically for her, and while I was MacGuivering a super heavy tray through an impossible door back to them, a plate fell and broke. She rolled her eyes at me and I heard her bisqueing later. I was really pissed. shiitake gets broken. She was like a Gordon Ramsey except that I wasn't actually the one doing anything at fault. The clients even mentioned that she was very cold.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:07 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

vijita wrote:
A caterer we work with was a nightmare last night. She treated me like shiitake, and I overheard her talking about me about a million times. I was ONLY meant to be there to host beverages, but she forgot to bring pretty much all her dinnerware so I was washing dishes frantically for her, and while I was MacGuivering a super heavy tray through an impossible door back to them, a plate fell and broke. She rolled her eyes at me and I heard her bisqueing later. I was really pissed. shiitake gets broken. She was like a Gordon Ramsey except that I wasn't actually the one doing anything at fault. The clients even mentioned that she was very cold.

I hope you mentioned this to your boss. Her behavior was unacceptable in any case, but especially since the rude lady is not your employer.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 am 
Ninja Master

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
good grief people READ your email. It contains important information that I wouldn't have to repeat if you'd read your email and knew the answer to your question.

This is how I feel about 90% of the work emails and phone calls I receive. If they'd read ALL of what I'd written, instead of just the first 2 lines, then they would have saved us all a pointless conversation.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:16 am 
Seagull of the PPK

hello old client, contacting me about a translation job. i would be thrilled to do the job, but mentioning in the email that you probably still owe me money from our last interaction, when you forgot to pay me what you owed me, and could I add it up (this was TWO YEARS ago, btw)-- real classy. Also not making me super confident about working with you again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:20 am 

torque wrote:
hello old client, contacting me about a translation job. i would be thrilled to do the job, but mentioning in the email that you probably still owe me money from our last interaction, when you forgot to pay me what you owed me, and could I add it up (this was TWO YEARS ago, btw)-- real classy. Also not making me super confident about working with you again.

at least they remembered, and are willing to pay.

you might want to ask for advance payment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

This is less about rude customers and more about stupid store policy.

I started this new job at a grocery store where I've been doing a lot of stocking of the refrigerated section. If a single egg in a pack is missing or even dented, you have to throw out the WHOLE batch. It's such a waste. It's so hard to do it, thinking about not only the suffering the hens had to go through to produce this product, but the millions of humans who are out in the world starving to death.

Yay, capitalism!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

If you are going to forward an email, please double-check the content first. I mean, it's no skin off my asparagus, but it might affect your case if you accidentally send a DA an email wherein your secretary calls an aspect of their office "shitty."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:15 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
If you are going to forward an email, please double-check the content first. I mean, it's no skin off my asparagus, but it might affect your case if you accidentally send a DA an email wherein your secretary calls an aspect of their office "shitty."

Everyone at my work is awful with email! The owner of our business will forward me the most confounding emails that include threads of her fighting with her ex-husband just because somewhere in the million emails there is something the tiniest bit relevant to my job. She is admittedly not a customer/client but at times it feels like she is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

the company that just hired me to interpret this week for their new CEO called me to bisque about said CEO. Knowing I was there with him at the moment and any person would naturally ask "what did they say". And knowing that he will ultimately be responsible for whether this secretary will continue to work there. I have no loyalty to anyone, and it's just stupid. stooooooopid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:08 pm 
WRETCHED

baps wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

This is how I feel about 90% of the work emails and phone calls I receive. If they'd read ALL of what I'd written, instead of just the first 2 lines, then they would have saved us all a pointless conversation.

When I first started working, I used to send long emails. Over the years, I've learned to shorten them significantly because people don't read beyond a paragraph.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm 
Saggy Butt

JonnyWoop wrote:

I started this new job at a grocery store where I've been doing a lot of stocking of the refrigerated section. If a single egg in a pack is missing or even dented, you have to throw out the WHOLE batch. It's such a waste. It's so hard to do it, thinking about not only the suffering the hens had to go through to produce this product, but the millions of humans who are out in the world starving to death.

Yay, capitalism!

Wow, this is just wasteful. I work for a grocery chain and I don't think I've ever seen this, though I once thought it was policy. The Dairy manager just repackages them into new cartons. Or he could even donate them to the local food bank with the rest of the stuff we donate if he wanted. Not throw them out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm 

Liz_D wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:

Yay, capitalism!

Wow, this is just wasteful. I work for a grocery chain and I don't think I've ever seen this, though I once thought it was policy. The Dairy manager just repackages them into new cartons. Or he could even donate them to the local food bank with the rest of the stuff we donate if he wanted. Not throw them out.

After working there for a few more days I've realized they don't throw them out directly. I think they ship all the damaged stuff back to corporate headquarters to be accounted for or something. I don't really know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 am 

ewww. i wouldn't want to be in the receiving department at corporate. gross.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 am 
Saggy Butt

JonnyWoop wrote:
Liz_D wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:

Yay, capitalism!

After working there for a few more days I've realized they don't throw them out directly. I think they ship all the damaged stuff back to corporate headquarters to be accounted for or something. I don't really know.

I worked at Whole Foods for lots of years and all the cartons of broken eggs (usually you can't salvage the actual carton because it's all eggy) were given to the bakery or prepared foods to use. If you grocery chain has in-house production maybe you could suggest it? It would save money!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 am 
WRETCHED

I'm guessing the reasons for the eggs is if something goes wrong, they track them by their lot numbers and what not. If you move an egg from a different batch into a carton, then you are messing up with the tracking system. Yeah its dumb but it also prevents grocery stores from doing shady stuff like "hey expiration date on this carton in 10/31, expiration on this one is 12/6, I'll just move these to that 12/6 carton".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 am 

linanil wrote:
I'm guessing the reasons for the eggs is if something goes wrong, they track them by their lot numbers and what not. If you move an egg from a different batch into a carton, then you are messing up with the tracking system. Yeah its dumb but it also prevents grocery stores from doing shady stuff like "hey expiration date on this carton in 10/31, expiration on this one is 12/6, I'll just move these to that 12/6 carton".

That makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

linanil wrote:
baps wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

When I first started working, I used to send long emails. Over the years, I've learned to shorten them significantly because people don't read beyond a paragraph.

BUT don't write the whole message in the subject line, or I will stab* you.

(*Not really, but I will give an exasperated sigh.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 am 
Ninja Master

linanil wrote:
baps wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

Oh it just drives me nuts, the laziness of people. I've stopped sending really long emails or I put the important stuff in the first paragraph. But still they either call and get super huffy with me saying "what is it you want!!???" when it is very clearly outlined what I need. Or they will totally ignore half of it and say 'I've already sent you.... blah blah' and so I have to tell them that isn't what I asked them for in the first place.

I'm not allowed to shout at them or tell them that if they forking read more than 3 words, this conversation wouldn't need to happen, so instead I am polite and then just call them a kumquat when I hang up the phone.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 71  Next