| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Homeland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'd kind of forgotten about the mole and no longer thought it was Saul although the day he went to do the test still seems dodgy.

Ariann wrote:
So I'm parallel watching Homeland, Life, and Forsyte Saga (damien lewis forever!). I'm a third through the second season of Life and wow, this show is starting to suck and not make any sense, the editing has just become bizarro like nobody has any interest in chronology anymore - I can see why it didn't get a third season! But, on the same night, I watched an episode of Life where Damien Lewis gets kidnapped and then Homeland right after and Damien Lewis gets kidnapped! Synchronicity!

I love Life so much that I forgive any issues with the second season! I need to re-watch it again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kitteh wrote:
I'd kind of forgotten about the mole and no longer thought it was Saul although the day he went to do the test still seems dodgy.

Ariann wrote:
So I'm parallel watching Homeland, Life, and Forsyte Saga (damien lewis forever!). I'm a third through the second season of Life and wow, this show is starting to suck and not make any sense, the editing has just become bizarro like nobody has any interest in chronology anymore - I can see why it didn't get a third season! But, on the same night, I watched an episode of Life where Damien Lewis gets kidnapped and then Homeland right after and Damien Lewis gets kidnapped! Synchronicity!

I love Life so much that I forgive any issues with the second season! I need to re-watch it again.

Yeah, he seemed super stressed that day. And he failed the razor blade question, but he also failed other questions. I would be surprised if the writers made it that obvious, though. It can't be Saul! I <3 him too much.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

pickledtreats wrote:
I made the mistake of watching the pilot episode...and the next thing I knew my entire weekend was shot and now I'm up to date. Yeah, I'm that into it. Holy shiitake. This show is intense.

All of Homeland in one weekend would be way too intense for me! I would be on edge for a month.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:08 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Anyone else really dislike the intro? It kind of reminds me of the Ghost Whisperer intro - & Homeland deserves better than that! I just think it's not hitting the right note for the show itself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I hate the intro so much! And it's long as fork!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I always act out the intro. "I can't...I won't..."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:36 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I don't mind it, except some of the images seem out of place. Like, why do they show Obama? Isn't he not president in the Homeland universe? I know they never say who the president is, but it's implied that it's a different administration since the VP is different.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 am 

So who's the mole? The vice prez?!?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:

Is there any reason to believe it would be him? He doesn't seem to know much. Plus, if he was a mole, wouldn't he have tipped off the others to avoid the arming of the TV van?

This episode was intense! So I guess Quinn is some sort of secret, hired assassin for the CIA - someone that does the dirty stuff we're supposed to think the CIA doesn't do?

It's pretty forked up that Brody now has to worry about being killed by both sides! Crazy. And where is Nazir?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

pickledtreats wrote:
This episode was intense! So I guess Quinn is some sort of secret, hired assassin for the CIA - someone that does the dirty stuff we're supposed to think the CIA doesn't do?

Yes! When it ended I howled 'nooooo', I really need the next 3 episodes NOW. And I think you're right, David must be the one who knows about Quinn and calls him in to do what he wants done.

Also, I still want Carrie and Brody together.

Karena wrote:
Anyone else really dislike the intro? It kind of reminds me of the Ghost Whisperer intro - & Homeland deserves better than that! I just think it's not hitting the right note for the show itself.

Yup, I always fast forward through it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 pm 

pickledtreats wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

Is there any reason to believe it would be him? He doesn't seem to know much. Plus, if he was a mole, wouldn't he have tipped off the others to avoid the arming of the TV van?

No, but there's no reason to believe it would be anyone else, either. The only one that would make sense at this point is Saul's wife. Where did she go?!

But if you watch the scene when Estes is telling him what happened, if you pretend that the vp is a mole, it gets pretty intense.

As far as characters in the CIA that we know: Quinn, Carrie, Estes, Saul, those two surveillance guys: would it make sense for anyone of them to be?

Other characters: Brody's family (don't think so), Mike (nah), other marines (hmm doubt it), Carrie's family (not so much). The only people left are the VP and his family, and Saul's wife. I think. Are there any other characters that aren't already terrorists that I'm forgetting?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm 
One Trick Dick

NAZIR IS THE MOLE!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm 

Hiding in plain sight!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I really love Saul & in one sense don't want it to be so, but it would be really exciting if he was the mole!

If the Carrie & Brody thing turns out to be sincere & lasting, I'll be really disappointed. So many shows have really laboured romances just because it's a convention, it would just be a really bad fit here & so improbable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Karena wrote:

I find the intro really stressful! I have to mute it. The discordance rubs me wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:43 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
pickledtreats wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

No, but there's no reason to believe it would be anyone else, either. The only one that would make sense at this point is Saul's wife. Where did she go?!

But if you watch the scene when Estes is telling him what happened, if you pretend that the vp is a mole, it gets pretty intense.

As far as characters in the CIA that we know: Quinn, Carrie, Estes, Saul, those two surveillance guys: would it make sense for anyone of them to be?

Other characters: Brody's family (don't think so), Mike (nah), other marines (hmm doubt it), Carrie's family (not so much). The only people left are the VP and his family, and Saul's wife. I think. Are there any other characters that aren't already terrorists that I'm forgetting?

I've gotten a weird feeling about the lady that works with the CIA - the one that picked Carrie up to take her to Beirut and the one that is watching after the Brody family in the hotel. She's just sweet enough to be shocking as a mole.

And have we forgotten Galvez? He was awesome! I liked his chutzpah. I guess he's out, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 am 
Hip Goiter

I think Galvez is dead! Right? Last time he was mentioned, 2 or 3 eps ago, someone asked about him and was told 'He's still dying'. We've been seeing more of that lady lately, the one watching the Brodys and who helped in Beirut, so I'm thinking there has to be more to her character than just plot assister.

Kind of confused about Quinn. So who was he reporting to? And he was going to shoot Brody? ahhhh!
I'm really excited for next ep but now I'm going to be a week behind because I'm back in the UK booo.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:14 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think Quinn is reporting to this Adal guy who seems to be a ghost-like member of the CIA with lots of folklore surrounding him. Basically they do effed up things that wouldn't be allowed by law or the CIA charter...like executing their own assets. I guess Quinn is the hit man for that secret branch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 am 
Hip Goiter

Ooh funnn! I'm glad I get to see that ep again this Sunday, I was packing during it and not paying enough attention.
OH I remember what I was confused about. What was the Philly cop's real role about? Not just his estranged baby mama, it would seem.

So EW has a piece today titled "Why Nicholas Brody Needs to Die on Homeland". http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/11/27/nicho ... -homeland/ What do you guys think? I don't want him to die, but I can't see how a third season will use him.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 am 

pickledtreats wrote:

I've gotten a weird feeling about the lady that works with the CIA - the one that picked Carrie up to take her to Beirut and the one that is watching after the Brody family in the hotel. She's just sweet enough to be shocking as a mole.

Oh I didn't even recognize her as a repeat character.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 am 

RandiJM wrote:
Ooh funnn! I'm glad I get to see that ep again this Sunday, I was packing during it and not paying enough attention.
OH I remember what I was confused about. What was the Philly cop's real role about? Not just his estranged baby mama, it would seem.

So EW has a piece today titled "Why Nicholas Brody Needs to Die on Homeland". http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/11/27/nicho ... -homeland/ What do you guys think? I don't want him to die, but I can't see how a third season will use him.

I agree. I can't see him keeping on and his family, especially Dana, is such a drag! Every time I see her face I scream "STFU!" at the TV.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am 
Hip Goiter

Did you see the SNL skit of Homeland? It was hilarious and everyone was great, Taran Killam as Brody whisper-talking with his lips pursed together, Hader as Saul, and Anne Hathaway as Carrie, all great. But I laughed the most at the woman who played Dana, who only walked across the screen for 2 seconds saying "Dad? Dad?" in a lost, stoned way. It was perfect.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

RandiJM wrote:
Did you see the SNL skit of Homeland? It was hilarious and everyone was great, Taran Killam as Brody whisper-talking with his lips pursed together, Hader as Saul, and Anne Hathaway as Carrie, all great. But I laughed the most at the woman who played Dana, who only walked across the screen for 2 seconds saying "Dad? Dad?" in a lost, stoned way. It was perfect.

I thought Anne Hathaway wasn't that great in that skit, but Bill Hader's Saul was so spot on! Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:15 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I can't believe where this show is willing to go. I am super worried for Saul. I kind of think Quinn is going to kill him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:33 pm 

I dunno. That ep seemed kind of lost and there was too much Dana and she delivered the worst line of the show.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next