| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1154, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am waiting to hear on the house. I should be packing, or making or something, but the waiting has me feeling sort of apathetic.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:23 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

choirqueer wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
I've heard them called husbands.

I Googled "pillows with arms", which seemed to do the trick, whereas "husbands" got me a sitcom, the history of heterosexuality, and some videos that I am not going to watch.

But have you tried googling 'husbears'?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:30 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Gulliver wrote:
In a well-meaning but possibly misplaced display of generosity, I have been given a carrier bag full of enormous quinces. The smell of them slightly turns my stomach (I don't like the smell of pear or apple skins either, which I'm aware is quite a specific thing to have an aversion to), but I'm sure they're very nice cooked. What do I do with them?

Quince chutney! I usually don't like fruit chutneys, but we serve one at work that is absolutely delicious. This one looks similar: http://hitchhikingtoheaven.com/2010/11/ ... utney.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

vijita wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
In a well-meaning but possibly misplaced display of generosity, I have been given a carrier bag full of enormous quinces. The smell of them slightly turns my stomach (I don't like the smell of pear or apple skins either, which I'm aware is quite a specific thing to have an aversion to), but I'm sure they're very nice cooked. What do I do with them?
Quince chutney! I usually don't like fruit chutneys, but we serve one at work that is absolutely delicious. This one looks similar: http://hitchhikingtoheaven.com/2010/11/ ... utney.html
You are a genius! Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 pm 

Frakken love Quince.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 pm 

Mars wrote:
Frakken love Quince.
I'll.. quince your... frack... en..

Why do I want to flirt with you in a response to everything you say!? It's really annoying! I just feel like I should. Grr!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 pm 

Gulliver wrote:
Mars wrote:
Frakken love Quince.

Why do I want to flirt with you in a response to everything you say!? It's really annoying! I just feel like I should. Grr!

*bats eyelashes*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm 

Mars wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
Mars wrote:
Frakken love Quince.

*bats eyelashes*
*eyes bat lashes*

What?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

JonnyWoop wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:
I love my job, but I also really resent it so often. I feel like I've spent the last year and a half having to choose between doing my job well, or maintaining my personality/hobbies/friendships, and I've consistently had to choose the former. I just can't keep this up. I don't know if I'm going to go back to teaching next year.

My parents were both teachers. I don't know how anybody does it.

The teaching is great, it's the marking that kills you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Arisaig wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:
I love my job, but I also really resent it so often. I feel like I've spent the last year and a half having to choose between doing my job well, or maintaining my personality/hobbies/friendships, and I've consistently had to choose the former. I just can't keep this up. I don't know if I'm going to go back to teaching next year.

My parents were both teachers. I don't know how anybody does it.

The teaching is great, it's the marking that kills you.

The marking, the having to do endless ridiculous paper work in triplicate, the unnecessary meetings that go on and on and ON when you have a thousand and one other things you could be doing, the fact that you can't teach the way you want to because of lack of resources due to budget cuts...... I love teaching children, but I hate almost everything else about my job.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

lavawitch wrote:
What is the derivative of: 5ln(cosx) * tan(5x^2)

When is differentiating a monster like this even useful? I mean, it has a pretty straightforward answer (watch as I get it wrong: 50*ln(cosx)*sec^2(5x62)-5tan(x)*tan(5 x^2) ), but why. shiitake like this is why kids hate math class. You're way awesome to put up with that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I don't know what kind of news this is really, but I'm pretty depressed. My MRI results show an improvement in discs since my last surgery, but the little bit of arthritis I was gradually getting is apparently now my biggest problem because it's become widespread.

So, nothing explains my continued numbness, which means probably perm nerve damage (expected), but I don't have more nerve damage possible from the looks of things. I just have the back of a 90yr old.

I can't safely take any of the medications prescribed to help with arthritis pain.

But at least I can start the water aerobics again as soon as I can afford it--hopefully January.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

zwingtip wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
What is the derivative of: 5ln(cosx) * tan(5x^2)

When is differentiating a monster like this even useful? I mean, it has a pretty straightforward answer (watch as I get it wrong: 50*ln(cosx)*sec^2(5x62)-5tan(x)*tan(5 x^2) ), but why. shiitake like this is why kids hate math class. You're way awesome to put up with that.

Yeah, I didn't feel like putting up with that at 7am. Also, using that as a sample to tell kids what would be on the quiz just made them all shut down and give up and not try even though the actual quiz was much, much easier.

A shame because the chain rule can be a lot of fun, like unwrapping Churchill's enigma.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:12 pm 
Semen Strong

I am sorry to hear about the results LW. I hope that PT and water aerobics can make a difference in your mobility. You are really inspiring to keep on going (and driving so much) given all your challenges. I feel like I turn into a giant whine monster when I get a case of the sniffles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

No more PT; I definitely cannot afford that, not while only working part-time. That crepe adds up, $30 at a time. It's a small amount to pay for a one on one session with a qualified therapist, but 2-3x a week long term agin just isn't an option.

I also whine when I get the sniffles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

lavawitch wrote:
Yeah, I didn't feel like putting up with that at 7am. Also, using that as a sample to tell kids what would be on the quiz just made them all shut down and give up and not try even though the actual quiz was much, much easier.

A shame because the chain rule can be a lot of fun, like unwrapping Churchill's enigma.

Right? Chain rule is fun. That problem is not fun. That problem seems designed solely to strike terror in the hearts of students who might otherwise really enjoy math.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That was my take on it too. I also hated math in school. I didn't love it until I did it on my own terms later on. Now, of course, I've forgotten boatloads of it, but I mostly now think of calculus as fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:44 pm 

If the collards in my refrigerator aren't completely gone, I might sautee them and eat them all for dinner.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

My roommate and I are rearranging our house now that the other roommate has moved out. It'll look super great when it's done- I moved all my books downstairs, so we have an epic library corner, and we're getting comfy chairs and a television for movies and all that fun stuff for entertainment down there, as well. Upstairs will be all my music stuff- electric organ, five guitars, acoustic piano, music stands, probably a futon sofa so it's easy to sit and play. I was going to finish the upstairs today, but while cleaning downstairs had an allergy attack so now I'm stuck just sitting around. At least I'm doing school-work, but I hate that my allergy prevents me from doing things like rearranging my freaking house without someone else cleaning up before I move things.

The worst part is there's nothing I can actually do to prevent it. I take too much Allegra almost every day just to go through life. I have to wash my sheets constantly, vacuum everything, and leave the house for at least an hour whenever my roommate dusts (which is way more infrequently than it needs to be). At work, I have to avoid any and all cleaning and rearranging and I feel like my bosses are frowning at my lack of help, but I literally can't without ending up needing to go home or to the hospital.
I suppose first world problem, but it's so frustrating. I just want to organize my house!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm 
Impressive boner

missdelaney wrote:
while cleaning downstairs had an allergy attack so now I'm stuck just sitting around.

I get this too. If I do any sort of rearranging or cleaning that will throw up the tiniest bit of dust I get a day-long allergy attack.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:09 pm 

Anyone know of there's a way in Spotify to make a radio station with multiple influences?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:26 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

lavawitch wrote:
That was my take on it too. I also hated math in school. I didn't love it until I did it on my own terms later on. Now, of course, I've forgotten boatloads of it, but I mostly now think of calculus as fun.

I really liked math in high school (that is, post-breakdown when I had my shiitake together), but I mostly took it in Harvard Extension courses which were taught in college format which were generally good classes. The entire system needs to change or something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Id: I want to watch TV and eat chocolate frosting with pumpkin bread until the gluten makes me pass out!!
Ego: TV sounds like fun, but if you don't finish your project, you might fail. Why don't you attempt to watch TV while doing your project. If the TV is too distracting, then maybe you should turn it off. By the way, if you finish that pumpkin bread, you will be sick for four days. Is it worth it?
Super Ego: Doing your project is the right thing to do!! Shame on you for wanting to watch TV and eat gluten when you know it makes you sick!!! And why the hell are you on the PPK forums when you know it's due tomorrow? SHAME!!
Id: NO WORK! TV! BREAD!

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ugh, I hate spending money on clothes. I always put it off until my wardrobe is worn out to the point of near disintegration. My friends are all "Yay new clothes! I love shopping!" and I'm all "I can't believe I have to spend my hard earned money on stupid clothes!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I would very much like it if someone would come over and cook for me. Because I am hungry. And it's past time to get any decent delivery.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1154, 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 1864  Next