| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368 ... 562  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:51 pm 
Impressive boner

j-dub wrote:
I got a surgery date!! December 21 this janky gallbladder is getting the old heave-ho. Dietary fat, here I come!

December is a good month for gallbladder removal. You might still have a few aches and pretty bad shiitakes while your liver figures out how to store the bile, but it'll calm down and you'll be eating deep fried potatoes and pickles dipped in mayo, washed down with beer before you know it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I had a lovely evening chatting to CQ and Karen (whose PPK name I can't remember) on Skype. Hooray for them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly. I have my lovely, sweet, adorable, snuggly, friendly, lively, chatty little baby back.

Since I took her for the Big Clip, she has been a different bird. Instead of being mean, nippy, pesky, and on a 24/7 power trip, she is acting like the baby I used to know. No more biting, no more attacking my dad or chasing him down the hall, no more dive bombing the poor sweet cockatiel, no more picking fights with the macaw (hello?! do you realize how much bigger than you he is?!).

I hate having to clip a birds' wings, but for her safety and our sanity, I really need to accept that Molly can't be trusted with full wings. Right now she is snuggled up under my hair chattering at me. Every so often, she bangs on my neck with her beak until I scritch her itchy new head feathers. The cockatiel is enjoying a peaceful evening nap without fear or being terrorized.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:58 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

lavawitch wrote:
Molly. I have my lovely, sweet, adorable, snuggly, friendly, lively, chatty little baby back.

Since I took her for the Big Clip, she has been a different bird. Instead of being mean, nippy, pesky, and on a 24/7 power trip, she is acting like the baby I used to know. No more biting, no more attacking my dad or chasing him down the hall, no more dive bombing the poor sweet cockatiel, no more picking fights with the macaw (hello?! do you realize how much bigger than you he is?!).

I hate having to clip a birds' wings, but for her safety and our sanity, I really need to accept that Molly can't be trusted with full wings. Right now she is snuggled up under my hair chattering at me. Every so often, she bangs on my neck with her beak until I scritch her itchy new head feathers. The cockatiel is enjoying a peaceful evening nap without fear or being terrorized.

This makes me so happy. I hate when someone's pet is causing them too much stress. Rescue work does that to a person!

I pulled out my Christmas decor and watched Elf today. I don't think I need to say more :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

She was pretty much terrorizing the entire household! My dad was napping in the basement to avoid her. She also didn't seem very happy, maybe because everybody, including the macaw and cockatiel pretty much hated her.

Parrots are a pain in the butt--this is why so many do end up at rescues. Its really sad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 am 
Shopped till she dropped

No Christmas music at work! So, so glad.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:10 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Eating Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I had a huge plate of roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Took a nap on the couch next to my little sister and all the dogs. Then she was cutting up the stollen cake and we read the box only to figure it was vegan! I kept looking for eggs or milk and nope! Explains why it lasts so long. Pure sugar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Gulliver wrote:
I had a lovely evening chatting to CQ and Karen (whose PPK name I can't remember) on Skype. Hooray for them.

C'est moi!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I just got pierced for the first time in years! I got a dermal anchor just above my sternum & an ear lobe. So awesome, I love my piercer & going back to my old studio & I love the post piercing (aided by root beer) high!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:35 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ack! My insurance has been approved, all I have to do is pick the date for my jaw surgery! It's weird how I feel completely unprepared and like this is a bad time, but I'm pumped to get this done. The booking person is not in, despite her machine saying she is supposed to be in, so that's a downer, but soon I'll have a date. This is the best news I've had in months.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

fisticuffs wrote:
Gulliver wrote:

C'est moi!
Oh la la!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Washing dishes while dancing to Christmas jingles with my flatmate :)

Also getting a good grade on my first uni assignment. Happy!

And eventually, once I've finished tidying my room, finally putting up my Grateful Dead and Pulp Fiction posters.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

My favourite sweatpants are on sale for $10-12. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Found out today that I get to share temporary office space with a group of creative and inspiring people. As I approached my new digs for the first time, I could hear the opening chords of Green Day’s Fashion Victim – Green Day is one of my favourite groups.

Turns out this IT office heard me blasting the Ramones on the other end of the building, one weekend and thought we would be a good fit. We are indeed. We got so much work done this afternoon that all of us can actually take Friday off. I may not leave when my department space is completed, or they are all coming back with me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

kara kara wrote:
No Christmas music at work! So, so glad.

So jealous. They started playing carols the second after Thanksgiving was over at my job.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My worst thing turned into my best.
I was told that the offer on the house was rejected with no counter. I was angry. So my best friend showed up to help be muddle through. She brought me beer and lip balm and happy.
And was here when I got the news that what the realtor meant was, the counter was coming in tonight. We accepted. Tomorrow we go into escrow. I am going to own a home.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

kfad wrote:
I was told that the offer on the house was rejected with no counter. I was angry. So my best friend showed up to help be muddle through. She brought me beer and lip balm and happy.
And was here when I got the news that what the realtor meant was, the counter was coming in tonight. We accepted. Tomorrow we go into escrow. I am going to own a home.

Congratulations! That's very exciting (as a side note, I still don't understand escrow - I'm Canadian).

The best thing about my day was eating a ton of AFR black bean chili and drinking mulled apple cider. Yummm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 pm 
Dead by dawn

VeganMeredith wrote:
kfad wrote:

Congratulations! That's very exciting (as a side note, I still don't understand escrow - I'm Canadian).

The best thing about my day was eating a ton of AFR black bean chili and drinking mulled apple cider. Yummm.

Congrats kfad! So exciting.

["Escrow" is a complicated word because we (I mean the mortgage industry) uses it to mean a few different things. It can just refer to the time period between signing the contract and the closing date (time for the bank to get an appraisal done and get the loan process completed;) or the neutral third party who handles preparing the deed, getting docs signed, distributing the money, and recording everything (this is handled by an attorney in some states, a "limited practice officer" in others;) or just to make things extra kooky, it can refer to the reserve account that the bank establishes to pay for taxes and insurance as they come due. Even Americans who've bought houses often don't know what we mean when we say escrow!]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

one of my favorite other printmakers was in the shop while I was on monitor duty today and we spent like an entire hour making stupid jokes under our breath about conversations that were happening around us. totally inane but cheered me up. he's one of the most quietly awesome folks I know.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 am 
Seagull of the PPK

two things: i bought the bird a toy that he is alternately obsessed with and terrified by, and it's hysterical to watch (this bird is so mental)

AND

AFTER 6 MONTHS OF TORTURE I FINALLY HAVE CABLE INTERNET! I CAN SKYPE! I CAN DOWNLOAD THINGS! I CAN OPEN MY FRIGGING FACEBOOK WITHOUT HANGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it took 6 months and a complicated string of lies, threats and intimidation to get this done. [my husband has a business account with this cable company, and leaned on them to get the cable out to our home, where this company has no cables. the installer told me that they had to install 600m worth of cable, so it wasn't exactly "just across the street" the way my husband told me. oh well, deed is done. yippee!!]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:08 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

torque wrote:
two things: i bought the bird a toy that he is alternately obsessed with and terrified by, and it's hysterical to watch (this bird is so mental)

AND

AFTER 6 MONTHS OF TORTURE I FINALLY HAVE CABLE INTERNET! I CAN SKYPE! I CAN DOWNLOAD THINGS! I CAN OPEN MY FRIGGING FACEBOOK WITHOUT HANGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it took 6 months and a complicated string of lies, threats and intimidation to get this done. [my husband has a business account with this cable company, and leaned on them to get the cable out to our home, where this company has no cables. the installer told me that they had to install 600m worth of cable, so it wasn't exactly "just across the street" the way my husband told me. oh well, deed is done. yippee!!]

YAY!! So now come talk to me on Skype! :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I am so happy and relieved for you, kfad!! I was thinking when I read your post in the worst things thread and kfad just really needs to get a freaking break! Thank goodness you did!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:56 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Just bought tickets for an exciting out of town trip with the new boyfeee!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:57 pm 
WRETCHED

kfad wrote:

Congrats! You must post pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm 
Semen Strong

Congratulations! That is awesome kfad!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Reply to topic  [ 14039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368 ... 562  Next