| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a really stupid FB question, help?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I feel soooooooooo stupid, so I will voluntarily next go to the Very Special Clients thread, OK?

Some months ago I made a FB Page for my partner's and my business.
She didn't like it, and had a meltdown, so I deleted it. (i created it, and i deleted it. end of story, i thought.).

It would now appear that the page is still there, but I don't have access to it.
Even worse, there is ANOTHER copy of the page which I have never seen.
My partner claims to have nothing to do with either one (even though its got her phone, email, etc on the page). She was put as having admin priveleges on the page I made, but if I deleted it, why would it still be there?

I have gone to my left sidebar of my home page and hovered over "pages" as instructed by FB, waiting to see "my pages" and i have no options. i also do not get an "edit page" option on the upper right of the page itself.

My partner is a technophobe and a luddite and is having an absolute forking meltdown about this. She is unable to tell me if she has edit powers over the page. (... we are having some other problems right now so i am trying not to push too hard)
is there any way to tell from the outside who is responsible for a page?

thanks, and sorry i'm such a bloody idiot.

Post subject: Re: a really stupid FB question, help?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:34 am 
ugh

It is optional to show the admins for a page, so if you don't see them listed, it isn't possible to tell who the admins are. You could try reporting the page but I'm not sure how effective the reporting tool is, sorry!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

There is no way to tell from the outside unless that admin optional is enabled, like b.vicious said. I was also going to suggest reporting the page. Could you ask your partner for her facebook login information so you could check to see if she's an admin that way? You are definitely not a bloody idiot. I know it's odd, but sometimes people create fake pages copying actual businesses for purposes that are unbeknownst to me, but it does happen.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:44 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

thank you, you are really kind. i am so upset about this. my partner had a total weird freakout at me last week and i'm not so sure how things are with her (not asking her for a password, she made me delete the FB page because she was "afraid of it" whatever that means).
I was thinking of reporting it as a fake page to see if it disappears. We'll see if my partner gets back to me. She contacted me, all upset, saying that the page had "all sorts of personal posts you've made"; the page shows "pages like this that your friends like" so I am not really sure if she understands or not. like i said she's sort of a technophobe.
again, thanks, i don't know how trying to do a kind turn for a coworker turned into such a mess.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Did you go in and really delete it? I deleted a page I created a while back and then had to go back and do it again. FB is weird in that it will hide things from you but you have to check again and confirm that yes it should be deleted.
If you had the admin power on it, that should still be there however.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:42 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

that was my concern, i thought maybe it hadn't deleted it. all i know for sure is that i don't have admin power over any page, if it's true that the way you tell is by hovering over the "page" thing. is there some other option that i can go into my account and see what pages i own?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

if you click the arrow on the top right, do you have an option to "use facebook as..." the page?

if not, you might be able to send a message to the page owner.

also, if your partner can see an area at the top of the page called "admin panel" that has extra stuff other pages don't have, then she's an admin. if neither of you have it, send a message, and then if you get no response, get FB powers-that-be involved.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oooohhhhhhhhhh! there are also these pages called "community pages." facebook creates them automatically and they belong to nobody.

now that you said the part about "all sorts of personal posts you've made" it makes me think it's a community page. i doubt you can get rid of it. as long as one of you have it as your place of employment past or present, i don't think you can get it removed. (and the posts are only visible to your friends, unless the posts you make referencing the business are public, i think)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:48 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Did you go to the page? For every FB page that I am an admin for, if I visit the page there's a big admin panel right at the top. If she has control, she should see that too.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 am 
Seagull of the PPK

thanks. i deleted my work history, unliked what does seem to be a community page, and then sent a message that it was a duplicate. now i need to figure out the other page that's not connected with me at all.

thanks to your help, i am 100% sure i have no ownership of either pages, no admin panel or anything. as for my partner, if i can ever actually get to talk to her, i can get her to try the panel. right now she's not really responsive, which makes it all even more difficult to resolve.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:44 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

supercarrot wrote:
oooohhhhhhhhhh! there are also these pages called "community pages." facebook creates them automatically and they belong to nobody.

now that you said the part about "all sorts of personal posts you've made" it makes me think it's a community page. i doubt you can get rid of it. as long as one of you have it as your place of employment past or present, i don't think you can get it removed. (and the posts are only visible to your friends, unless the posts you make referencing the business are public, i think)

You are brilliant! I totally forgot facebook did this. This sounds like the culprit.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]