| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:27 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I could bring over my leftover takeout?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:31 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I wish I could take credit for the Thanksgiving leftovers genius happening right now, but it was all the PPK. #veganworldproblems

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm wondering if this response paper I'm working on for my PR class can be as unorganized and unprofessional as my professor's emails are to us. Because seriously, if she doesn't care, then why the hell should I?

Basically I'm just way past fed up with the lack of professionalism in every single aspect of her teaching. Also I have way too much school work to get done this week.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:54 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

8ball wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
while cleaning downstairs had an allergy attack so now I'm stuck just sitting around.

I get this too. If I do any sort of rearranging or cleaning that will throw up the tiniest bit of dust I get a day-long allergy attack.

Me too, I just can't be near dust or it's hours of solid sneezing followed by about 2 days of face and sinus pain. When you say you're allergic to dust everyone says 'yeah me too' but I very doubt that everyone is! That being said, I've never had to go to the hospital so I'm a category or two below you MD!

Blog: veganbutnotscary.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Ugh, I hate spending money on clothes. I always put it off until my wardrobe is worn out to the point of near disintegration. My friends are all "Yay new clothes! I love shopping!" and I'm all "I can't believe I have to spend my hard earned money on stupid clothes!"

Sounds like your friends would be great targets for an invitation to a clothes swish - I'll bet they have a ton of nearly new clothes that didn't suit them so well after all.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 am 
Chard Martyr

Ugh. Stomach flu. Cant lie down cause it makes me even more nauseous. So I'm watching law and order inbetween trips to the bathroom. :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Aw, feel better ijdi!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 am 
Semen Strong

Yikes! Feel better idji!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Blueberries wrote:
8ball wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
while cleaning downstairs had an allergy attack so now I'm stuck just sitting around.

I get this too. If I do any sort of rearranging or cleaning that will throw up the tiniest bit of dust I get a day-long allergy attack.

Me too, I just can't be near dust or it's hours of solid sneezing followed by about 2 days of face and sinus pain. When you say you're allergic to dust everyone says 'yeah me too' but I very doubt that everyone is! That being said, I've never had to go to the hospital so I'm a category or two below you MD!

I'm guessing that this is a lot like back problems. Everybody says they have it so they assume you are being a whiny bisque who just doesnt want to do stuff. That contributed a lot to problems at my first teaching job. There was so much resentment that I parked in an accessible spot and even more resentment that I requested not to have to change to 5 different rooms hauling crepe all day. At my current job, lots of people complain of back problems, but they also run half marathons and 5ks. I really, really, really doubt that their "sucking it up" has any relation to mine, but they think it does.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Just got a slew of emails from people my boss calls bigwigs (he has nicknames for some of the VPs in our company). That's not nervewrecking AT ALL. (Such an introvert here, do not like attention from powerful people, thanks)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 am 
WRETCHED

My internet connection has been having issues over the first few months. After 2 outages in the past couple weeks, Verizon was going to send a technician out but since we now have internet, they won't send a technician out without charging us.

I may have to switch to Comcast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Blueberries wrote:
8ball wrote:
missdelaney wrote:

Argh. I'm fortunate enough to not have allergies aside from angora so it's a non-issue for me, but my husband has debilitating grass allergies. It slays me when people complain about how their allergies are so bad and they hardly have a sniffle, meanwhile my husband sneezes so many times in a row he loses consciousness, the inside of his head is so itchy that he won't get sleep for weeks at a time, his eyes are so puffy that he can't see, and people compare their sniffle to that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

linanil wrote:
My internet connection has been having issues over the first few months. After 2 outages in the past couple weeks, Verizon was going to send a technician out but since we now have internet, they won't send a technician out without charging us.

I may have to switch to Comcast.

From the frying pan into the fire. Nobody screws people quite like Comcast. They even managed to cut their own lines and out outside power and then refused to fix it since they deny everything. They also have no urgency about fixing anything when they cut their own lines, and they will lie and lie and lie and tell you that it is a neighborhood wide outage.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Mars wrote:
Anyone know of there's a way in Spotify to make a radio station with multiple influences?

there is not, as far as i know. i wish there were. you can do it with lastfm, but i think spotify tends to play better music.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:59 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

paprikapapaya wrote:

Me too, I just can't be near dust or it's hours of solid sneezing followed by about 2 days of face and sinus pain. When you say you're allergic to dust everyone says 'yeah me too' but I very doubt that everyone is! That being said, I've never had to go to the hospital so I'm a category or two below you MD![/quote]

Argh. I'm fortunate enough to not have allergies aside from angora so it's a non-issue for me, but my husband has debilitating grass allergies. It slays me when people complain about how their allergies are so bad and they hardly have a sniffle, meanwhile my husband sneezes so many times in a row he loses consciousness, the inside of his head is so itchy that he won't get sleep for weeks at a time, his eyes are so puffy that he can't see, and people compare their sniffle to that.[/quote]

God, sneezing sounds like a dream. It's the hives that I don't like at all- all over my body, burning like I'm on fire.
Thankfully everyone in my life is nice about it and understands- mostly because a lot of them were around when I was hospitalized once a week for almost two months before we knew what it was.

LW, people are so douchey and self-absorbed sometimes. I can't imagine how angry they can make you by being so unaware and uninterested in learning.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 pm 
Dead by dawn

Aaarrrrggghhh! I'm so angry right now. My jerkface boss just told me that I am not an empathetic person in general and that I don't care about other peoples' needs. what the fizzle? Basically, he is making up a need and projecting it on a customer (because he is super self-absorbed and cannot imagine a perspective other than his own) and I don't think we need to go out of our way to meet a need that the borrower doesn't have. I get that people have unspoken needs and you have to listen to what they're saying to figure out what they're not saying, but there isn't any reason to believe that this person wants what jerkface thinks he should want! But that makes me an awful person who deserves verbal abuse at work, apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ugh! Random rage!! I hope you are able to separate the projecting and nonsense and realize that you're totally empathetic, MT!

I'm randomly having shorter person rage. This taller pregnant woman IN A FUR TRIMMED COAT cut me in line at Starbuck's like it was nothing and then proceeded to block the way out. I may or may not have aimed a fart at her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I just spent half my break waiting outside a professor's office for a conference about my final portfolio. Said conference is required for the grade. He never showed up and I'm pretty sure there's not enough time to reschedule until right before the portfolio is due, so I'm not sure how useful that will be. Balls.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:04 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Blueberries wrote:
8ball wrote:
missdelaney wrote:

I have asthma and am allergic to dust too, though probably not as bad as you guys.

I dust with a damp or wet cloth and mirco fiber cloth also seems to get less dust in the air.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:06 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I hate job hunting :/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:10 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

ndpittman wrote:
I'm randomly having shorter person rage.

Haha, that's just my life!

Veg_Eric wrote:
I dust with a damp or wet cloth and mirco fiber cloth also seems to get less dust in the air.

That's what I do if I absolutely have to dust but it's still safer not to!

Blog: veganbutnotscary.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:20 pm 
Dead by dawn

ndpittman wrote:
Ugh! Random rage!! I hope you are able to separate the projecting and nonsense and realize that you're totally empathetic, MT!

I'm randomly having shorter person rage. This taller pregnant woman IN A FUR TRIMMED COAT cut me in line at Starbuck's like it was nothing and then proceeded to block the way out. I may or may not have aimed a fart at her.

Thanks, I took a walk and got it out of my system. It's not the first time he's heaped verbal abuse on me and it won't be the last.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Narcotic phobia is really dumb. Some people may get addicted, sure, but not everybody or even most people--it depends on all sorts of factors that can be monitored. I'm not at risk for this at all, and in fact, have been prescribed, taken, and then successfullymtapered off very high doses twice before. My current dosage is on the low end.

In order to get me off the codeine, my dr suggested something for nerve pain that is also used for epilepsy that has 8 warning labels on the bottle, needs a medic bracelet (not sure why; this is a sricker on the bottle), not recommended while driving (yet must be taken three times a day), may causes mood disorders and behavioral changes, dizziness, and a raft of other things, and has tricky timing with my ulcer meds. How is this better than something I can take as needed without too many side effects? this new stuff sounds really scary. And, according to NIH research, only helps about 1/3rd of people who try. Also, there is that whole needing to drive to work thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:12 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I guess it's a good thing that my local supermarket doesn't carry Amy's vegan margherita pizzas, because if they did I would probably be eating pizza for every meal. So good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm 
Impressive boner

Mr8 goes back to work tomorrow. I'm going to miss having him around all the time.

My sewing machine has started making loops of thread on the underside of the fabric. I've tried troubleshooting but can't figure out the problem. I guess I'll try again tomorrow with a torch, pair of tweezers, screwdriver and hairdryer.

Reply to topic  [ 44151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161 ... 1767  Next