| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So tired of Melanie. I'm not that into Bryan, but I would have much preferred him over Melanie.

I thought the performance of Adam's team was like ridiculously bad.. it didn't even seem rehearsed.

It was sad how Sylvia thought Carson had called her name as a save!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:18 pm 
Saggy Butt

I think Melanie placed so high because she charted on iTunes and they times that by 10 for part of her score (top 2 charting that period get 10x). Otherwise I thought she'd be leaving. I like her voice for some songs, but she sounds like that for EVERY song. Same with Terry and Bryan, though I prefer both of them. Not really their fault if their coaches are picking the song, but some, like Melanie, picked their own.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:37 pm 
Saggy Butt

Not too sure how excited I am for the next few weeks. Now that they're down to 8, then 6 etc. how much filler is there going to be between them singing their main song? I think I'm going to tape it and watch it the next day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:01 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Liz_D wrote:
Not too sure how excited I am for the next few weeks. Now that they're down to 8, then 6 etc. how much filler is there going to be between them singing their main song? I think I'm going to tape it and watch it the next day.

Yes, the fast-forward button comes in handy, especially now.

Was it just me or did Xtina seem really bored with every performance except Dez's? Like she couldn't say anything constructive about anyone and after Dez's, she was jumping up and down and acting like she'd drank a pot of coffee or something.

I actually kinda sorta liked Melanie.

I am so over Cassadee and her sob story every week. Just sing the damn song and let people vote on your talent not because they feel sorry for you. This was her best song since Torn, imo, though.

Trevin was ok, but he doesn't excite me. Like I already feel like I know what next week's performance is going to be if he makes it through(and it's very likely he will).

Loved Amanda, Terry, Cody, and Nicholas. The anticipation of what they're going to do and how they're going to change things up is always nice.

Group songs weren't horrible. Not great, but not gigantic trainwrecks like last week where it was just painful to watch/listen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm bored. I got bored at about this point in season one also (and skipped last season). There are clearly some extremely talented people on the show, but for many of them it's the same thing week after week. I like Melanie, but after hearing her sing for however many weeks in a row, I can't imagine listening to an entire album of her singing breathily like that. One or two songs, but that's it. I could go through them all, but... nah. Nicholas is my favorite, and I hope he wins. Or at the very least, gets a recording contract.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I like Nicholas too - I could listen to him forever. I'm enjoying watching his makeover progress from week to week too! Cody is a cutie with a huge personality, but his voice is a disappointment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm officially shocked that Cody and Dez went home this early! Not disappointed, just shocked. But Cody really does seem like an awesome guy, and he's been fun to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Quote:
Was it just me or did Xtina seem really bored with every performance except Dez's? Like she couldn't say anything constructive about anyone and after Dez's, she was jumping up and down and acting like she'd drank a pot of coffee or something.

She did this last year too. I feel like it's her way of trying to convince America to vote for her people. Like if she tells us enough that her guy was the best, we'll believe it. I am not sorry to see her out, and it will be interesting to see if she seems just as bored next week.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

She seems very superficial with her picks. It's always either someone who is a potential clone of her or a pretty boy. De'Borah was the only exception, and Christina made the wrong choice in sending her home. If she hadn't been cut, I believe she'd still be in the competition. One of the few truly unique voices I've heard this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:12 am 

I think you hit the nail on the head, zelavie. I'm still bitter about De'Borah being sent home. I loved her voice and she was entertaining to watch. Hopefully someone in the biz saw her on here and she's able to go on and have a great career.

Since Xtina was the first coach to be wiped out, within the first 3 weeks of the public voting, do you guys think she'll change the way she picks people during the next season she's on? Since obviously what she thinks America needs/wants isn't at all what America needs/wants or her singers would still be there.

Here's to hoping she gets a bit of her early rounds personality back now that she's out. And it's weird since the guys all seem perfectly fine with complementing a singer from another team or telling them that a performance was great, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I agree De'Borah had a good voice, but I just couldn't get over the fact she dressed just like Urkel. I'm probably showing my age with that one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:54 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Melanie hates Christina! Or somethin' I've never really "gotten" Melanie, so I don't really understand the attitude/personality she has on the show? She always seems mad? or damaged? and she didn't let any of that go for that song. That aside, she's never impressed me vocally.

I thought some of the other performances were pretty amazing, though.

Spoiler: show
Oh, and I don't think Christina is going to be on in future seasons, right? It's Shakira next season? and Usher for CeeLo?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:01 pm 
Dead by dawn

I wouldn't like Christina either if the only thing she could say about either one of my performances is "I hope you appreciate that prop guy." I think Melanie is very artistic and talented in the limited vein that is her thing. But her range is really small vocally. Adam keeps pushing her outside her comfort zone and she gets this feedback that's never "Wow, that was a great vocal performance!" (because it wasn't) so I think she sort of spends her time listening to the coaches' feedback trying not to cry. Adam is at least searching for something good to say about Melanie as an artist (that she connects with her audience, that some girl wanted to emulate her look, etc...) but Christina evidently couldn't come up with anything positive so she just lauded the prop guy instead of saying much about the performance. I don't blame Melanie for tuning her out the second time she did it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, I get what you're saying, and I'm just speaking as a viewer/totally not musically talented/I would totally fall apart moment 1, but I guess she just comes off as not being appreciative? and maybe that's what Christina is referring to in her bisque-y way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:45 pm 
Dead by dawn

I guess the first time I've noticed Melanie seeming really dismissive was after her second performance last night (when Christina said "She's not even looking at me!") so I made a cause/effect out of Christina being rude to her and Melanie tuning her out. But, yeah, maybe she's always been that way and I haven't noticed? She mostly seems scared to me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 pm 

If I were Melanie I couldn't look at Christina either. This isn't the first time she has given props to the set designer instead of Melanie. She did it last week too. I think Melanie is just trying not to cry most of the time during feedback, and maybe not looking at someone who is being a total bisque to you is part of keeping composure. I'm not a huge Melanie fan in terms of her voice, but she seems like a nice girl, and there is just no reason to be rude to her.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 pm 
Saggy Butt

And why is it Christina always picks on people from Adam's team, she never seems that rude or dismissive to the other singers. The Tony Lucca thing was a bit personal I think, but this Melanie stuff is weird. The kid is only 17, give her some criticism, sure, but don't take away from her by mentioning the prop guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:04 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Im just thankful Adam finally said that he and Melanie were responsible for her sets. To me it seemed Melanie was already upset with a poor performance and was trying not to cry. Christina pulled that prop crepe with her last week as well. Would it kill her to give some positive criticism so maybe she can learn something from the experience!? Geez....

I want Melanie to stay just so she can have a Tony Luca "how do you like me now" moment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:35 am 
Saggy Butt

Well, I'm super surprised over who went home tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 am 

allychristine wrote:
Spoiler: show
Oh, and I don't think Christina is going to be on in future seasons, right? It's Shakira next season? and Usher for CeeLo?

I don't think that needs to be in spoilers because it's been talked about, but Xtina and CeeLo are out for the season starting in Jan, but I believe both will be back for the season next fall.

I'm really surprised Amanda went home.

I've never really gotten Melanie, and her performances thoroughly weirded me out this week, but her singing Criminal was the best I've heard her sound. Ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 am 
Dead by dawn

I didn't get to watch the elimination show but flipped it on with three minutes left to find Nicholas and Amanda facing elimination. Shocked that Amanda's gone. Was Melanie the other person?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:30 am 

I cannot believe that Amanda went home, and yes, Melanie was the other. So Adam is out for the season.

I think Trevin should thank his lucky stars that they got to sing two songs, because his "Walking on Sunshine" was the worst performance of the season. And yes, he killed his second song, but I think he has firmly shown us that he can only sing one kind of song. I can see him winning the show, but I can't see him having much commercial success after.

I agree that Melanie singing "Criminal" was the best she sounded, and I was happy to hear Nicholas sing something different, and sound great doing it. Same with Terry singing whatever song he sang last night. It was nice to hear him sing something more current, and have him do really well at it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yep, wasn't expecting it to be Amanda, at all! I didn't want it to be Nick, but thought it might be just because he didn't seem to take as many risks with his 2 choices (but maybe that's why he stayed).

Cassadee is my least favorite of the remaining, but she has always had a great, solid voice.

They all seemed to be having fun during the duets, so I really liked that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm 
Saggy Butt

My guess is now that Melanie and Amanda have gone Cassadee will maybe just be the winner, she's never seemed that special a singer. I couldn't pick her out if I had to listen to her randomly on the radio or something, but she does have a good voice, just nothing different or new. I like both Terry and Nicholas but both seem to do the same stuff and I'm afraid if they do something too different they won't get the votes.

Amanda gone was a shock (to CeeLo, too. Did you see his face when Nicholas was chosen!), she wasn't my favorite but she can really sing and had some great emotion. Wonder if it was her choice of songs Monday that did her in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Liz_D wrote:
My guess is now that Melanie and Amanda have gone Cassadee will maybe just be the winner, she's never seemed that special a singer. I couldn't pick her out if I had to listen to her randomly on the radio or something, but she does have a good voice, just nothing different or new.

That's my biggest problem with both her and Trevin (along with the fact that I find them both very vanilla). But if I heard Nicholas on the radio, I'd know exactly who it was. Same with Melanie - she never was a favorite of mine, but she's got an identifiable voice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next