| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: annoyed with nasoya - anyone else get rotten tofu lately
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Fee wrote:
Me too. Nasoya is the only tofu in most stores around here. I could've clothed all of the ppk by now.

It's all I can find here too! I'm trying to ignore the possibility of grossness and focusing on the free shorts. And we're having tofu for dinner now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

shiitake happens. I've been buying nasoya for years and have never had a problem. They offered coupons for free stuff, and that's not good enough? I mean, do you want them to like personally deliver you a truck full of tofu or what? It's annoying not getting a response immediately, but sometimes that stuff takes a while, especially if they're trying to gather information to give you an informed response.

Also, this:

Fee wrote:
Me too. Nasoya is the only tofu in most stores around here. I could've clothed all of the ppk by now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:
shiitake happens. I've been buying nasoya for years and have never had a problem. They offered coupons for free stuff, and that's not good enough? I mean, do you want them to like personally deliver you a truck full of tofu or what? It's annoying not getting a response immediately, but sometimes that stuff takes a while, especially if they're trying to gather information to give you an informed response.

Also, this:

Fee wrote:

ugh, i am so over this. we each have our own preferences for how we like to be treated as customers. i take food safety/quality concerns issues extremely seriously as well as how the company treats me in response to my concerns.

and, honestly, i don't appreciate the tone of your comment. i don't want a truck of their darn tofu. and sometimes a free coupon(s) does not make up for poor customer service.

i am really tired of this. i'm out.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

bookwormbethie wrote:
I'll look around my desk later, but I'm pretty sure I have extra UPCs floating around. I still saved them just in case Nasoya got new swag. If I find any, I'll post back in here to see if anyone wants them.

I would be very eager to take you up on this kind offer!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:59 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

IsaChandra wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:
and yes, i admit i do expect a lot from customer service these days, i think most of us do. i certainly don't want to experience sub-standard customer service either in person or on the phone or online.

maybe other people don't think it's a big deal to open up a container of spoiled tofu and get no response from a company after you've contacted them multiple times, but for me it is a big concern. it's sub-standard customer service. thankfully my new nasoya contact is great and she will be contacting me again after the holiday to let me know what their quality control team digs up in regards to the batch info i provided.

I'll simply take it that you don't work in the service sector.

Hey, please don't get personal here. She got bad customer service, you disagree, but no need to make it a personal issue about someone else's perceived life.

I don't want to derail, but I agree that I think this is unfair. I've worked in retail/customer service for 20+ years, and if anything, it's made me less tolerant of bad customer service (and more appreciative of good customer service) because I know how it should and can be done! I work in a store that is incredibly understaffed at the moment, but if I heard that a customer had been trying to get to get an answer for 2 weeks about something that had gone wrong with their purchase, I would be mortified. If I was in the position of the person who bookwormbethie finally got to speak to, I would have also apologized profusely, not just to diffuse the situation, but because the situation is unacceptable. If a company is overwhelmed with mails because of a bad batch, and they can't get to all the mail right away, there's always the possibility of sending a form (e)letter to all the customers who have complained explaining that it's being looked into and they will be contacted again. There's no excuse to leave someone hanging for that long.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Ok, I already said something as a moderater, so please let this be the last comment on that point, thank you.

And just a follow up on my intriguing situation, I've since bough Nasoya and it's been fine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 am 
Saggy Butt

Nasoya sent us two cases of tofu in a variety that we don't carry. It was very sad to have to throw out 12 perfectly good packages of tofu. :(

except that i clipped the UPCs off. booty shorts here i come!

but yeah it was a huge waste.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:50 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

you weren't allowed to bring them home?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:21 pm 
Saggy Butt

supercarrot wrote:
you weren't allowed to bring them home?

not really. we usually bend the rules, but i knew i wouldn't be able to refrigerate it for hours and hours and hours. and i also randomly have a bunch of tofu in my freezer. but still sad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:
I'll look around my desk later, but I'm pretty sure I have extra UPCs floating around. I still saved them just in case Nasoya got new swag. If I find any, I'll post back in here to see if anyone wants them.

I would be very eager to take you up on this kind offer!

I found 9 UPC codes -- so that would equal 1 t-shirt + 1 pair of booty shorts + 1 extra UPC left over.

Would you be willing to send me a bag (or two?!) of Butler Soy Curls in exchange for the 9 UPC codes??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I thought it said one gift per household? Are they not firm with that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

(you unintentionally[?] made a tofu joke)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kelly wrote:
I thought it said one gift per household? Are they not firm with that?

I thought so too, esp since it does say that on the form, but I did e-mail them awhile back to ask, and whoever wrote me back said it was fine to get more than one swag item. I did, however, mail my swag forms separately as it took a little bit of time to get the next set of 4 UPC codes. If you need personal reassurance, you always drop them a line.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

supercarrot wrote:
(you unintentionally[?] made a tofu joke)

LOL, I'm slow with the jokes, but after I read yours and Kelly's comments a couple of times, I get it ;)