| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i lost 20 pounds this year. which is not a lot ... on the plus side i am really freaked out by the prospect of loose skin... so the slower the better?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Weighed in this morning. For some reason I am up a half pound. How on earth is that even possible? I've been a saint the past week!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Lost 2 lbs since my last weigh in. Total of 7 lbs so far. Hoping for 9 lbs before Christmas which would mean I need a loss of 1.5 lbs per week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:49 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

daisychain wrote:
Weighed in this morning. For some reason I am up a half pound. How on earth is that even possible? I've been a saint the past week!!!!!

I feel your pain. I had a really good week up till Monday, when I caught the sick bug that is going round my area. I didn't eat or drink anything for 36 hours, and when I weighed myself Wednesday I'd put on a pound. I am about ready to give up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:58 pm 

jogirl wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I feel your pain. I had a really good week up till Monday, when I caught the sick bug that is going round my area. I didn't eat or drink anything for 36 hours, and when I weighed myself Wednesday I'd put on a pound. I am about ready to give up.

Isn't it so frustrating? I'm sick to death of this damn medication. Since I've started posting in this thread I have gone up from what I started at. There isn't a hope of me being allowed to come off it and go on something else because of interactions with the other tablet I'm on.

I'm breaking out and having a few drinks tomorrow night and some sweets at the weekend. Sod it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:02 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

What the hell. I am up 3.8 pounds? I moved my scale and heard something click, I'm not sure if it's broken, or if it's been weighing me too low the whole time I've been using it. If it's the latter then I'm just ready to give up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 pm 

The floor underneath the scales can effect the reading. Even by moving the scales an inch or two can show a difference.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

VeganinBerlin wrote:
i lost 20 pounds this year. which is not a lot ... on the plus side i am really freaked out by the prospect of loose skin... so the slower the better?

i think 20 is a lot!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:46 pm 
WRETCHED

At my heaviest, I was about 200 lbs overweight, at my lowest, I had lost 160 lbs. I can say you shouldn't be freaked out by loose skin but I know it is hard. It gets better with time plus our bodies are pretty amazing.

As for me, I've taken a new approach to eating. It is scary but mentally refreshing. I'm reading the self compassion diet which isn't really a diet but its about being kind to yourself while instituting various methods of mindful eating. I feel like I've been failing so hard this past year that I needed something.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

daisychain wrote:
The floor underneath the scales can effect the reading. Even by moving the scales an inch or two can show a difference.

Yeah, I'm worried I had it positioned in such a way that it was reading almost 4 pounds lower. But, I did try it out again and it seems to be back to normal. I've made sure the floor underneath is level and that the scale doesn't wobble.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:34 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Nebraskalaska wrote:
What the hell. I am up 3.8 pounds? I moved my scale and heard something click, I'm not sure if it's broken, or if it's been weighing me too low the whole time I've been using it. If it's the latter then I'm just ready to give up.

You are healthy and beautiful, girl!! I know it's discouraging to see no progress when working so hard towards a goal, but don't give up just because a number isn't what you expected. Maybe you're building muscle, or were retaining water, the scale was broken, or any other random reason. Just keep on with the healthy food and being active, you'll get to where you want to be. <3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:18 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

thisheregiraffe wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

You are healthy and beautiful, girl!! I know it's discouraging to see no progress when working so hard towards a goal, but don't give up just because a number isn't what you expected. Maybe you're building muscle, or were retaining water, the scale was broken, or any other random reason. Just keep on with the healthy food and being active, you'll get to where you want to be. <3

Awww, thanks <3. Today I realized I was overreacting, though it was quite a shock to see the number on the scale be so much higher. I'm really starting to like how I look these days, and that's all that really matters.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm finally under 80 kilos! I've lost 24lbs according to MFP, which is nearly two stone which is eleven and a bit kilos. Gotta mix them measurements!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Down .4 pounds... I'll take it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So I DID waeigh in this past Thursday, and I *think* I was down slightly? Our regular weight recorder, who keeps the official records of members' weights, was out sick, though, and I did not have my personql tracking book with me, so it was a guess! and I have no idea if I will make it this Thursday, so I guess I will be remaining in the dark for awhile, but working at it, lol!
No other TOPS members here? it's a really fun group of people who you meet with- great women, and some men, belong to most of the chapters of the club, that I have seen! Plus, if you are a TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) member and out yourself hear so we can commiserate, we can meet up in person at the yearly IRDs (international recognition days, in Canada or the U.S.) Join! If you haven't already, grab a friend where you live and check out a meeting on an open house evening. Share it with the rest of us! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Quote:
I can say you shouldn't be freaked out by loose skin but I know it is hard. It gets better with time plus our bodies are pretty amazing.

The skin gets better or it's easier to accept?

I think I would get to angry with myself if I had loose skin. That I was eating disorded for so long and then gained weight so fast :/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:48 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Last night I realized I've gained 30 pounds in 1 year. Today I signed up for MyFitnessPal and I'm counting calories for the first time in my whole life. It's been a neat experience so far! I'm going into this with the outlook that I want to have more energy and fit into my clothes better, instead of self-hatred and wanting to look like Kiera Knightley (I've been down that road, it does not lead to healthy for me.)

1strangegirl, so happy you have a supportive group to go to!

VeganinBerlin, I can't speak to the experience of loose skin, but I've had deep, red stretch marks from drastic gaining and losing, and ten years later I can't even see them. 20 pounds is a great accomplishment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I am on MyFitnessPal, too! I want to lose 30 pounds. I am down 8. I just want to feel healthy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Before Thanksgiving week, I weighed in at 166. Just this morning I was at 166.5... but that's still 12.5 lbs down since mid-July when I began dieting. My current goal is to get to 159 lbs (my senior year of high school weight--I'm now 23). After that, who knows? Technically, that's still an overweight BMI for my height.

I've been using Spark People as consistently as I possibly can. I just joined the PPK team!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

If anyone wants to be friends on myfitnesspal, I would love it. I am really only interested in friending vegans! I just joined recently. My username is ashleyparker1987.

I've been doing so well, but suddenly today I am STARVING and am going to probably go way over my calories. Sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 pm 

I'm craftycatlady on MFP. It's going pretty well so far. As I posted in the general health board, I was freaked out by how much more I've been peeing, but I was assured that was normal. I'm trying not to go overboard, but I did today- cut too many calories- and felt really bad and shaky. Lesson learned for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:42 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yes, I love my weight loss group/ Last week: down 4.2 pounds over a two week period. A lot of this may have been stress, but they were still happy for me!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

The scale doesn't seem to have any good news for me but I wore a pair of pants today that I haven't been able to wear for years. Annnd I didn't even have to lie on my bed to zip them up. I'll take it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GymClassZero wrote:
The scale doesn't seem to have any good news for me but I wore a pair of pants today that I haven't been able to wear for years. Annnd I didn't even have to lie on my bed to zip them up. I'll take it!

This is a good thing. I gained badly since this time last year - but am sitting around my "average". I blame it on wheat. When I cut out wheat I lost loads. Hoping to get there again but dealing with veganism first. Booze doesn't help LOL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm 

I think I'm spoiled by how great the PPK forums are. I go to the MFP forums and it's just tons of trolling.
Some greatest hits: Sugar is poison, microwaves are death traps, vegetables have carbs so don't eat them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 145  Next