| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 245  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Squee! Fezza, I am so damn happy that you are finally getting what you so very deserve! That's fantastic!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Still having nice chats with the too-far-away boy. I did get a message from a new person today, though...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oooooh so this really adorable guy messaged me and we've messaged back and forth a short while, and then I went online tonight and he IM'd me! And we've been chatting all night and daaamn, he's so adorable and seems into me. Wut!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:49 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Thank you guys <3!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Starting to feel like I'm very low priority w/my guy. We were supposed to get together last night but he ended up going to a friends party. As I said in another post, I don't ever want to be the girl that comes between a guy and his friends, but when I asked if I could pick him up around 11 today (we're supposed to get/decorate a tree, go to a parade, and then a housewarming party), he told me he might not be home by then. I'm proud of him for making smart choices like not drinking and driving, I'm just frustrated because I see him so little. He only lives 15 min away but I feel like I only see him once a week. And who knows what will happen today now that he doesn't know when he'll be home. I was really looking forward to spending the day with him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 pm 
Saggy Butt

What is with this question on OKCupid...?

Quote:
Would you consider being in a relationship with someone who has had homosexual sex?

Is it just there as a way to weed out homophobes or what?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 am 

Yeah, and probably just meant for the straight people

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:17 am 
Nailed to the V

ScooterDiva wrote:
Starting to feel like I'm very low priority w/my guy. We were supposed to get together last night but he ended up going to a friends party. As I said in another post, I don't ever want to be the girl that comes between a guy and his friends, but when I asked if I could pick him up around 11 today (we're supposed to get/decorate a tree, go to a parade, and then a housewarming party), he told me he might not be home by then. I'm proud of him for making smart choices like not drinking and driving, I'm just frustrated because I see him so little. He only lives 15 min away but I feel like I only see him once a week. And who knows what will happen today now that he doesn't know when he'll be home. I was really looking forward to spending the day with him.

ScooterDiva-- I think you are amazing and if I were in a relationship with you (especially if it was an exclusive relationship), I would certainly want to spend my free time with you. I think it's shitty for anyone-- friend or foe-- to bail on plans. It also seems a bit early on in the relationship to start being flaky. You seem so awesome, it just seems terrible to hear that someone is not treating you as such.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:52 am 

Mars wrote:

I think all the questions obviously meant for straight people are super funny when applied for queer people...

Like the only choice for how you feel about gay couples having kids is "acceptable"? And just the idea that you would be threatened by someone who had a roommate of your same gender? Oh there's one about how you would feel if a friend who was gay and into your gender hugged you?

I am way less interested in people who haven't had homosexual sex, duh.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:59 am 

GURL FOR REAL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:37 pm 

chouettes crêpes wrote:
ScooterDiva wrote:

ScooterDiva-- I think you are amazing and if I were in a relationship with you (especially if it was an exclusive relationship), I would certainly want to spend my free time with you. I think it's shitty for anyone-- friend or foe-- to bail on plans. It also seems a bit early on in the relationship to start being flaky. You seem so awesome, it just seems terrible to hear that someone is not treating you as such.

Thanks CC. It ended up being a total misunderstanding. He thought I wanted to pick him up at 11 that night, not the next day. So things are still great. I really appreciate your post, tho!! What a nice thing to say.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:18 pm 

strawberryrock wrote:
Mars wrote:

I think all the questions obviously meant for straight people are super funny when applied for queer people...

Like the only choice for how you feel about gay couples having kids is "acceptable"? And just the idea that you would be threatened by someone who had a roommate of your same gender? Oh there's one about how you would feel if a friend who was gay and into your gender hugged you?

As a straight OKC'er, I found those questions really useful for weeding out the homophobes. I don't want to date someone who's shitty and judgemental about other people, or arrogant enough to think every gay person will fancy them.

Yaaaayy SD, I'm glad it all got sorted out!

Veggie photographer has started telling friends and family about us, he told his ex yesterday, because he's going to have to speak to his kids soon (the eldest seems to suspect something has changed in his Dad's life). Things are going really, reeeeeally well, it's the easiest and loveliest relationship I've ever had. We're completely smitten with each other, there's so much warmth, respect and good old fashioned desire between us, it's bloody fantastic! I've never had anyone treat me so well, or with so much love before, I'm enjoying every minute of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Yaaayyy Fezza!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 pm 

xGreenling wrote:
What is with this question on OKCupid...?

Quote:
Would you consider being in a relationship with someone who has had homosexual sex?

Is it just there as a way to weed out homophobes or what?

That's what I took it as. I'm listed as bi but somehow I've gotten messages from people who answered "absolutely not" (or whatever the biggest "no" answer was) on that one.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:34 pm 
Saggy Butt

strawberryrock wrote:
Mars wrote:

I've seen gay dudes list that as a no! It's so weird. Do they only want to date virgins? Are they trying to find ersatz straight boys? I just... can't wrap my brain around the logic there, if there is any. But I've seen it too many times for it to be 'my hand slipped and I clicked the wrong thing.'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

xGreenling wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

I've seen gay dudes list that as a no! It's so weird. Do they only want to date virgins? Are they trying to find ersatz straight boys? I just... can't wrap my brain around the logic there, if there is any. But I've seen it too many times for it to be 'my hand slipped and I clicked the wrong thing.'

It could be from a loooong time ago. I was looking over my old answers one time, and one of them was "would you meet someone from the internet" and I said "no." Really? Its an online dating site, why would I answer that? My only guess is that it was one that I answered so long ago that I was still with my long term ex and mostly only on there for the quizzes, like back in 2004 or 2005 or something. So, that could have been answered before they came out and were suffering from some serious internalized homophobia? Or maybe they figured "I'm gay, so I'll just imagine it reversed and they mean 'straight sex' in this case."

I am also bothered by girls that say "gay girls only" instead of "girls who like girls." I should press about why my current sorta-lady-friend has that chosen because until my most recent ex, pretty much everyone else has been bi/pan and I just don't get people who won't! If they are into you and you are into them, what's the problem?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 pm 

lycophyte wrote:
I am also bothered by girls that say "gay girls only" instead of "girls who like girls." I should press about why my current sorta-lady-friend has that chosen because until my most recent ex, pretty much everyone else has been bi/pan and I just don't get people who won't! If they are into you and you are into them, what's the problem?

This drives me CRAZY.

But also I'm extra sensitive to it because my last girlfriend cited my occasional sexual fluidity as a reason she wanted to break up with me, because she decided she was only attracted to lesbians.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 am 

I like it when people have answers come up as 'unacceptable' but make no sense at all... like, I have seen in the "Are you a top or a bottom?" they'll click "top", but my answer "bottom" is flagged as unacceptable. Uh...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm 
Saggy Butt

Mars wrote:
I like it when people have answers come up as 'unacceptable' but make no sense at all... like, I have seen in the "Are you a top or a bottom?" they'll click "top", but my answer "bottom" is flagged as unacceptable. Uh...

Or the ones like 'Could you date a smoker?' and they've answered yes... but your answer of yes is unacceptable! I... I see...?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:06 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Half convinced I was sitting next to one of my 'quiver matches' on OKCupid last night at the laundromat. He was reading Eating Animals and I made a comment but since I'm a coward and awkward couldn't think of anything else to keep the conversation going/really engage on it. I might send him a message because even if he isn't, he's a vegetarian who's got a lot of similar beliefs and it would at least be cool to talk to him!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 pm 

Go for it lillian!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

fezza wrote:
Go for it lillian!

Thanks! Gonna need a shot of courage. If I hadn't said it before, so happy to finally see something working well so far for you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:25 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

So I think I'm going to start a new OK Cupid account tonight. I have such a hard time knowing what to put in my profile. This is what I was thinking of putting in the "About me" section.

Quote:
Honestly? I'm a basket case. I don't have my shiitake together. I'm unstable. I have no self-esteem. I'm needy. And on top of that I can be a total crasshole. You can do better. Really. Not trying to be cute.

Too honest?

I'm just so tired of making online profiles in which I don't feel like I provide an accurate representation of myself. It's like writing ad copy for cigarettes. This will weed out the people who wouldn't be interested in dating me anyway (read:everybody).

Does anyone else have a really hard time knowing what to include in their profiles? I agonize over this stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Seriously? With a profile like that, why bother opening an account?

I'm sure you can do better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

lavawitch wrote:
Seriously? With a profile like that, why bother opening an account?

I'm sure you can do better.

Lol, I thought it might be kind of funny and refreshingly honest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 245  Next