| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 am 
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am
Posts: 1521
16 & Pregnant/Teen Mom. It's such a train wreck but I CAN'T STOP WATCHING. Seriously, watch Jenelle talk about how Ke$ha is her idol:
http://jezebel.com/5963708/you-must-wat ... about-keha

The only other thing I can think of is that I dance to "Make Your Own Kind of Music" every morning when I wake up, haha.

_________________
"One time I meant to send a potential employer a resume, but I accidentally sent them a bucket of puke!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 3751
Location: Brighton, England.
JonnyWoop wrote:
acr wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
Quick, what was the nickname he was ashamed of in Notting Hill?

i'm embarrassed that i've seen that movie multiple times, but i'm not as embarrassed as i'd be if i knew the answer to that question. ask me some stuff about four weddings and a funeral, though, and i will blow your mind.


Shame, shame. :) It was "Floppy." Notting Hill is another one of my mom's go-to movies. I watched it billions of times with her when I was living in my parent's home. I think I've only seen "Four Weddings" once though. Can't really remember it.


I'm pretty sure the nickname was actually "Flopsy"! I've seen every single Hugh Grant film about 8 million times & they aren't even my guilty pleasure!

_________________
Blog: Vegan.In.Brighton.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:10 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
jojo wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
acr wrote:
i'm embarrassed that i've seen that movie multiple times, but i'm not as embarrassed as i'd be if i knew the answer to that question. ask me some stuff about four weddings and a funeral, though, and i will blow your mind.


Shame, shame. :) It was "Floppy." Notting Hill is another one of my mom's go-to movies. I watched it billions of times with her when I was living in my parent's home. I think I've only seen "Four Weddings" once though. Can't really remember it.


I'm pretty sure the nickname was actually "Flopsy"! I've seen every single Hugh Grant film about 8 million times & they aren't even my guilty pleasure!


Gah, now I feel like an idiot! I think you're right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3456
Location: Nashville, TN
I thought Buffy was a guilty pleasure until I came here. Now I just hate everyone who talks shiitake about it. I'll cut a bisque.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:27 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9385
Location: Vancouver Island
Spice Girls, Glee, America's Next Top Model, Clueless, and any movie with ballet in it with the unforgiving exception of Black Swan.

For music...I know (and will sing) every word of Rent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:16 pm
Posts: 3688
Location: Panama City, Florida
I feel guilty about nothing.

_________________
etsy shop: teeny tiny tantrums
blog: vegan kid!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11071
Location: VA
Vin Diesel fans unite and stand proud!

Now I want to go watch XXX (of course I own the DVD)

I'm used to people trashing my music choices. I think a guilty pleasure is more like curling up with a good book and some tea and a fuzzy blanket instead of doing x, y, or z, so my answer is:

PROCRASTINATION!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 pm 
Nailed to the V
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Bat Country
Lays potato chips. I could just eat a whole bath tub of those things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:25 pm 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9385
Location: Vancouver Island
Veganismbot wrote:
Lays potato chips. I could just eat a whole bath tub of those things.

I am obsessed with chips (but not Lay's). I have no guilt about that, though. I joke that I am going to get Old Dutch (a Canadian chip company) to cater my wedding...with some seriousness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:18 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:25 pm
Posts: 157
Location: Edmonton
vijita wrote:
Veganismbot wrote:
Lays potato chips. I could just eat a whole bath tub of those things.

I am obsessed with chips (but not Lay's). I have no guilt about that, though. I joke that I am going to get Old Dutch (a Canadian chip company) to cater my wedding...with some seriousness.


I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and the groom works with/for McCain's and there were 100's of BIG bags of every kind of Covered Bridge potato chips at the dance.....bags everywhere. Heaven!! I think you might have liked that??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:26 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7994
Location: Maryland/DC area
lavawitch wrote:
Vin Diesel fans unite and stand proud!

Now I want to go watch XXX (of course I own the DVD)

I'm used to people trashing my music choices. I think a guilty pleasure is more like curling up with a good book and some tea and a fuzzy blanket instead of doing x, y, or z, so my answer is:

PROCRASTINATION!


I'm more in love with him from his Riddick roles. He gets me all tingly!

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:30 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7994
Location: Maryland/DC area
JonnyWoop wrote:
A few years ago, when I realized I was a huge sexist crasshole, I began reading all the feminist literature I could find to start educating myself. Since then I've had a really hard time enjoying a lot of the rap music I've long loved. I'm not talking about underground, socially-conscious stuff. I'm talking about stuff like Biggie, Eminem, Tupac, Jay-Z, Nas, etc. I still enjoy the music. But on an intellectual level I'm deeply conflicted about it. Because so much of it so misogynistic, so homophobic, so celebratory of capitalist values, and so playing into the worst racist stereotypes.
.


And I grew up on rap/hip-hop and there is a lot of mainstream stuff that is socially conscious as well. I know others may not agree but yes a lot of it is misogynistic and some of it homophobic but I also accept it for what it is. Listening to NWA can make me happy even if the lyrics don't match my ideals. I think part of it, you have to take it for what it is and if you can't then find something else.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
vijita wrote:
For music...I know (and will sing) every word of Rent.


+1 yummy

This is true for me for Rent and the following musicals: Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Les Miserables. And a little of Phantom and West Side Story.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3017
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
I know every word to the songs in The Nightmare Before Christmas. Also for the first ever compilation of songs from The Simpsons (not one of their actual cds, but songs from the show) I regularly perform See My Vest to happy audiences

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:40 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 pm
Posts: 1126
I love rom coms. Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Bridget Jones's Diary, Jerry Maguire, Notting Hill... I love ridiculous romantic shiitake.

_________________
"I will rip out your IV and other roman numerals." - pandacookie
"The one thing I would not do for Aubrey Plaza is harm a baby, by the way." - strawberryrock


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:55 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
Moon wrote:
I know every word to the songs in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

why would anyone ever feel guilty about this?

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:38 am 
Chard Martyr
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 9385
Location: Vancouver Island
kecapcrazy wrote:
vijita wrote:
Veganismbot wrote:
Lays potato chips. I could just eat a whole bath tub of those things.

I am obsessed with chips (but not Lay's). I have no guilt about that, though. I joke that I am going to get Old Dutch (a Canadian chip company) to cater my wedding...with some seriousness.


I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and the groom works with/for McCain's and there were 100's of BIG bags of every kind of Covered Bridge potato chips at the dance.....bags everywhere. Heaven!! I think you might have liked that??

YES. Yes I would. Covered Bridge chips are the best! After Old Dutch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:01 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 am
Posts: 115
Location: Kessel, Outer rim
GymClassZero wrote:
vijita wrote:
For music...I know (and will sing) every word of Rent.


+1 yummy

This is true for me for Rent and the following musicals: Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Les Miserables. And a little of Phantom and West Side Story.


I feel guilty about nothing and I hide nothing. This tends to get me made fun of by my friends lol, I get teased most for loving musicals, Phantom is one of my favorites and its impossible to not sing along, I also love Moulin Rouge because I have a crush on Ewan McGregor. I also love the shows Pickett Fences and Dawson's Creek... they remind me of being a kid...and the movie Pure Country lol... Also, one of my favorite songs is Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden (every guy secretly loves this song)....Oh, and I am an absolute Disney Fanatic.... I don't know if any of this is considered "normal" or not, but its what I like lol....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:08 am 
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 493
Location: Eugene, OR
mixmaster_mo wrote:

Also, every Mandy Moore movie ever.


Yeah! How to Deal! Sarah Dessen was my favorite author when I was seventeen, she wrote two stories that they combined and made into How to Deal.

I think I should be embarrassed about playing Pokemon because I'm 23 , but the newer versions seriously keep getting better. I love Pokemon so, so much.

_________________
http://sisterlegumes.com Vegans sisters, a city apart.
Our baby looked like a bean, so now we are pro-life. And we don't eat beans. -Tofulish


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:42 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3017
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
Oh... Coronation Street. Might not be familiar to the Americans on the board, but the Canadians and UK members will most certainly make fun of me for this. LOVE Coronation Street

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: NC
I love Psycho Beach Party and other movies along the same lines of absurd campyness. No guilt, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
Sims (namely 3) is my guilty pleasure in the sense that I've spent days, like 6 hours at a time before realizing, playing it. And by playing I mean adding mods to my game, booting it up to see if it works, and then shutting it down to add more mods... I always feel weird about answering "So what did you do on Saturday [back when I had Saturdays off :/ ]" with "Oh I woke up, had coffee, and played Sims from 10 to 10."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3720
Location: Edinburgh
acr wrote:
Moon wrote:
I know every word to the songs in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

why would anyone ever feel guilty about this?

Seriously. This has been my favourite movie since its (wide) release, and I haven't an ounce of shame about that. I even still openly rock the merch (though less so than when I was younger - I think now I only have my wallet that I use/carry every day).

Also, I feel the Hugh Grant love. I think I've seen (almost?) every movie he's been in, including the really old ones. Impromptu used to be one of my favourite movies - I watched it with my bff before we went on holiday every year.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3017
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
GymClassZero wrote:
Sims (namely 3) is my guilty pleasure in the sense that I've spent days, like 6 hours at a time before realizing, playing it. And by playing I mean adding mods to my game, booting it up to see if it works, and then shutting it down to add more mods... I always feel weird about answering "So what did you do on Saturday [back when I had Saturdays off :/ ]" with "Oh I woke up, had coffee, and played Sims from 10 to 10."


Hahaha, totally. Except for me it is still Sims 2. I don't play it as obsessively as I used to, but I did go through periods of playing for days a time with only stopping to eat and sleep and such.

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3017
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
rachell37 wrote:
acr wrote:
Moon wrote:
I know every word to the songs in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

why would anyone ever feel guilty about this?

Seriously. This has been my favourite movie since its (wide) release, and I haven't an ounce of shame about that. I even still openly rock the merch (though less so than when I was younger - I think now I only have my wallet that I use/carry every day).


My absolute favourite tshirt of all time was my Nightmare Before Christmas shirt..... It finally thinned out beyond usability this spring.

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer