| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 149  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Work crush complimented my shirt today (I wore something cute over my ugly deli shirt and ditched the apron) which sent me into a spiral of crushing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:45 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

So I had a really nice interaction with a coworker today. She's super sweet. And I think she might be into me. As we were talking she started to blush redder and redder. It was pretty endearing.

Big problems though.

I know she has a boyfriend who she's living with. And even if she were hypothetically ever to break up with her boyfriend I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable dating her. She looks A LOT younger than I assume she is (given you have to be at least 18 to work until closing) and I'm way taller than her (I'm 6'3). I just wouldn't want people to see us together and think there was something shady going on.

It's frustrating. Because she's super nice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

JonnyWoop wrote:
She looks A LOT younger than I assume she is (given you have to be at least 18 to work until closing) and I'm way taller than her (I'm 6'3). I just wouldn't want people to see us together and think there was something shady going on.

If there's anything to worry about, this is NOT it. My husband is 6'4", I am 5'1". When we started dating I was eating and easily looked 16. Get over it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
She looks A LOT younger than I assume she is (given you have to be at least 18 to work until closing) and I'm way taller than her (I'm 6'3). I just wouldn't want people to see us together and think there was something shady going on.

If there's anything to worry about, this is NOT it. My husband is 6'4", I am 5'1". When we started dating I was eating and easily looked 16. Get over it!

also like, who cares what other people think?

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:41 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

booberthefraggle wrote:
Moon wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:

Exactly. But also... I was eating? I am always eating. How the fork did that happen. I was 18!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:43 pm 

Moon wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
Moon wrote:

Exactly. But also... I was eating? I am always eating. How the fork did that happen. I was 18!!!!

Lol, I was a little confused by it, but I wasn't going to ask!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 am 
Saggy Butt

I'm crushing on a few different dudes at once. One of them eats lamb on a regular basis. Barf. But he's pretty cute. I'd never date him, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:02 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

8ball wrote:
My crush is kicking me in the ovaries at the moment. I hate having crushes.

Mine is doing the same, we've moved waaaaay beyond the crush stage and this man makes me want to have his babies... alas, life won't allow for that, so I'll have to make do with gazing at him like a total smitten kitten. This crush kicked the asparagi of all the other crushes put together, and after 5 weeks of dating, is not waning one little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 pm 

Is this a terrible idea?

My friend suggested we both go in to the grocery store where crush and I work this week, and after casually ordering something from the deli (which I do every Wednesday), I invite him, all cool-like, to see a movie/grab a bite with us after he gets out of work. My friend's a pretty good wingwoman and I want to see how this goes but you guys have probably had more relationships and crushes so is this something I should do?!

Buh crushes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I have a crush. He has a girlfriend. Boo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 am 
Kale Wreath

GymClassZero wrote:
Is this a terrible idea?

My friend suggested we both go in to the grocery store where crush and I work this week, and after casually ordering something from the deli (which I do every Wednesday), I invite him, all cool-like, to see a movie/grab a bite with us after he gets out of work. My friend's a pretty good wingwoman and I want to see how this goes but you guys have probably had more relationships and crushes so is this something I should do?!

Buh crushes

Do it!

I have a few fake-crushes at the moment. I pretty much have a crush on every dude at my yoga studio, but that's because I think yoga is kind of hot, and not about the individuals themselves. Also I have an intellectual crush on the other TA in the course I just finished TA'ing. I'm not physically attracted to him at all but he is brilliant, laid-back and has excellent taste in movies. Also I would like more friends in my academic field to bounce ideas off of and so forth. I thought of emailing him to have a coffee sometime, but I'm afraid it'll come off like I'm asking him out when I am not - how about "just so you know I'm not asking you out because I have a boyfriend but do you want to go for coffee sometime?" heh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

GymClassZero wrote:
Is this a terrible idea?

Buh crushes

It's a great idea, but don't be disappointed if he can't join, it's so last minute, he might not be able to. But it totally wouldn't mean he doesn't want to, so I really think this is definitely a great idea. (Also, I think the 'grabbing a bite' option is better, it's more casual, less commitment, so for a first time hangout, less stressful!)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:03 pm 

So I keep on meeting new cute coworkers. The problem is they all work at the front end, at the cash registers. So I don't really get to spend much time with them regularly. I have to hope to meet them on a break or be called to the front end for bagging assistance. There's a really intensely gendered division of labor at the store where 99% of the people working the registers are women. My department, stocking, is all men, aside from one woman who doesn't speak much English. I really wish they'd transfer me to work on the cash register. That way I'd get to meet and interact people (when you're stocking you're pretty much on your own). And I'm also pretty good at running a register. I still remember all the produce codes from a past grocery store employment when I was supervisor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:22 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

wouldn't you mostly dealing with customers 99% of the time though? there's plenty of time for the chips to fall.. you haven't been there all that long, have you? give it time!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:24 pm 

joshua wrote:
wouldn't you mostly dealing with customers 99% of the time though? there's plenty of time for the chips to fall.. you haven't been there all that long, have you? give it time!

I guess you're right.

I'm just lonely as fork. I can't take it much longer. grrrr....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm 

I'm feeling really anxious and like I might not go through with Wednesday. It sucks because I want to ask him out, and it's not even like I'm asking him out out- my best friend will be there and take some of the pressure off for both of us. But I just feel like I can't go through with it because if he says no it'll be awkward forever and I still have to work with him three days a week. fork these feelings. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:43 pm 

GymClassZero wrote:
because if he says no it'll be awkward forever and I still have to work with him three days a week.

That is a tough call.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 pm 
Dead by dawn

I think you should do it, GCZ! If you frame it casually and your friend is there too, there's no reason for it to be awkward if he says no. I mean, he might. It's short notice. But it's not like he's going to say No way, GCZ, are you crazy? I'd never date you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 pm 

monkeytoes wrote:
But it's not like he's going to say No way, GCZ, are you crazy? I'd never date you!

Lol, that's ALWAYS what goes through my head when I ask somebody out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 pm 
Dead by dawn

JonnyWoop wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
But it's not like he's going to say No way, GCZ, are you crazy? I'd never date you!

Yeah, but unless you're repeatedly pestering someone to go out with you after they've politely declined, it's not very likely! And hey, if they do, you know they're not worth dating anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:58 pm 

monkeytoes wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

Yeah, but unless you're repeatedly pestering someone to go out with you after they've politely declined, it's not very likely!

True! Anxiety isn't really realistic though. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 pm 

You guys are right... it's just scary! I've managed to get through all of my life, through middle school, high school, up to now, with never asking anybody out. Ever. The prospect of doing this and being rejected- or, even, having this offer accepted- is just terrifying. But at the same time, if I don't do this, nothing will ever happen, which is worse.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm 
Dead by dawn

JonnyWoop wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:

Yeah, but unless you're repeatedly pestering someone to go out with you after they've politely declined, it's not very likely!

True! Anxiety isn't really realistic though. :)

Aaand... that's why I've never asked anyone out! I just think all of y'all should because I'm all mushily in love and want everyone else to be too.

GCZ, just try to keep in mind that even if he turns down your invitation, it doesn't necessarily mean he's rejecting you. It might be too short of notice, he definitely might not interpret your request as being romantically inclined, or he might just feel too shy to join you and your friend together (you said he's sorta awkward, yes?)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:45 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ugh my crush is confusing me. We're dating(ish?) but I haven't seen him in a while. We've been in touch but both of our phones have refused to send/receive messages so that's kind of unreliable.
I have decided the logical course of action is to woman up and ask him if he wants to do something Saturday. Like GCZ, I have made it to this point in my life without asking anyone out. Does this not count because we've already been out a few times? I don't care, I am the nervous. :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:47 pm 
Dead by dawn

kilgore trout wrote:
Does this not count because we've already been out a few times?

Oh, if that counts, then I've asked someone out. But never from scratch. And yes to nervous...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 149  Next